Used 2008 Lincoln MKX Consumer Reviews - 71 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Lincoln MKX Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MKX model:

The Year Report
By Vince

2008 Lincoln MKX 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought this car a little later in its life, got it used in 2017 with 58,000 miles on it. Man, it’s still in the race though with luxury cars that have came out years ahead and even in to now. I think the vehicle even in 2018 looks very stylish and up to date, the features it has are also still very current and practical. The sync system works well even with my iPhone 8 and the navigation system has always been able to direct me to any place I needed to go. I feel like Lincoln as a brand has gotten a lot of negative attention in terms of not being a “real” luxury brand. Honestly I feel like this vehicle was miles ahead of any Cadillac that came out in 2008 or even in to today. The only feature I wish I had was a reverse camera but the parking sensors help out nicely. I have about 69,000 miles on it now and have had no problems at all. I think this car is for sure one that is worth a look, especially pre-owned.

Takata Airbag recall.
By John

2008 Lincoln MKX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Back in July 2016 I received a recall notice for my 2008 Lincoln MKX regarding a Takata airbag issue. The recall notice indicated this issue could result in death and/or great bodily harm or serious injury. For a year and a half I've been trying to get this issue addressed with negative results with my local Lincoln dealership (Island Lincoln), finally prompting me to contact Lincoln corporate in Dearborn, Michigan. So I wrote to Lincoln's CEO expressing my concern for this recall, the possibility of death or serious harm per the recall notice, my continued email correspondence with my local Lincoln dealership, and seeking some type of assurance regarding this issue.

What I received was a response from Lincoln advising me not to use the front passenger seat of my vehicle to preclude any issue. Mind you I've been using the front seat of my Lincoln MKX for the past year and a half, where my wife sits, and this is the first time I've been informed not to use the front passenger seat of my own automobile. In addition, the recall notice says nothing about not using the front passenger seat and Lincoln's website indicates the issue of the airbag isn't a safety issue and can be used safely until repaired. So which is it? If my wife and I go out to eat with another couple, does she have to squeeze into the back seat with the other couple for safety reasons, as per Lincoln and I drive by myself, or can she ride up front in safety according to Lincoln's website? Is Lincoln lying or misleading? This June is 2 years waiting. Beware this vehicle and recall. Injuries from exploding Takata airbags can be downright gruesome.
Police responding to the scene of a minor car accident in California believed the driver had been shot in the face. At another crash site in Georgia, police thought the female driver was a murder victim because of the wounds on her throat. In both cases, the drivers died. The cause of their injuries: a Takata airbag. The recall notice says nothing about not using the front passenger seat. However, Lincoln wrote me not to use it! Beware!!

Been a great ride
By Been a great ride

2008 Lincoln MKX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Bought this new and thought I’d get tired of it early on. Have driven this car across country many times, and have grown to love it. Would definitely buy another one, but I think I’m going to keep this one for a few more years. It’s that good!!!

MKX
By Julie Anderson

2008 Lincoln MKX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I've owned this vehicle for 5 years and have put 150K miles on it. This car is not only stylish, but extremely reliable with only basic maintenance required. I could be happier with my purchase, worth every dollar.

Enjoy driving again
By Burton Pryor

2008 Lincoln MKX 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased an used 08 Mkx after letting go My town car which makes this my third Lincoln product. I love the styling both inside and out it has a very nice appearance. The car is smooth and quiet, has a great ride, handles well at high and low speed's . The versatility of this vehicle allows me to do whatever I need from going out on the town in style or towing and moving items in the large interior space . I enjoy the simplicity of the interiors dash uncluttered look. The rear seats that recline or a nice option for passengers. The Vesta sunroof is a wonderful option when driving gives you a very comfortable open air feel to the cabin from front to back . The car allows you to make Road trips drive for 12 to 14 hours and not feel cramped and uncomfortable . The car feels heavy and substantial in highway driving sticks to the road makes you feel in control of what you were doing. I love this vehicle and would buy it again.