Used 2017 Lincoln Continental Sedan Consumer Reviews

List Price Range

Used Continental for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

The continental is so nice, I bought one.

DC, 11/08/2016
Reserve 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

UPDATE: May 8, 2018. I still love the car and it continues to be trouble free. By far the most comfortable car for long drives. Powerful, excellent fuel economy (24.8 mixed driving. I could get better mileage, but the engine is fun to rev.). The car is fast, quiet, extremely comfortable and fun to drive. I highly recommend driving one before you buy any other luxury car. I bet you will be impressed. Over my lifetime I have owned many more expensive German cars but this is the nicest car I have owned to date. UPDATE: November 8, 2017. The car continues to be flawless. I enjoy driving it and it continues to be a luxurious, comfortable, capable and quiet ride. The gas mileage continues to get better, despite my tendency to enjoy the feel the torque of the turbocharged engine on acceleration. I would change nothing on the car. If I did not own this one, I would go out and buy one today. The nicest car I have ever owned. I have not been back to the dealership for any issues. I soon will go to the dealer and receive my free oil change service. ORIGINAL REVIEW: I continue to marvel at the comfort, quietness and performance of this car. It is so comfortable, smooth and quiet that now my other four cars seem noisy and rough. I just love the perfect position seats. I had been looking for a luxury sedan for about a year. I test drove almost every model of every luxury brand and finally decided on the Lincoln Continental. I bought the Reserve model with the 2.7 liter twin turbo engine (380 lbs. of torque) and the perfect position seats (Extra cost, but worth every penny). The Continental is a really high quality, fast, quiet and comfortable car. It is perfect for long trips, where you can enjoy the extremely quiet cabin and amazingly comfortable seats. I tried every seat on the market and the heated and cooled Lincoln Continental Perfect Position seats are the best available anywhere. I have owned seven Mercedes S- class, several Cadillacs and Lincolns. This Continental is by far the nicest of them all. The quality of the leather and wood is outstanding as is the fit and finish of the entire car. The safety and convenience features of the car are wonderful. Lincoln has invested a lot of time and money to design the new Continental and it shows. Lincoln also has put a lot of money into their dealerships and I was pleased with how helpful the dealership and sales staff were. I spent a lot of time driving every model to find the one I liked best and they were most accommodating. I like the fact the Continental has six year power train warranty and a four year, 50,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty. When the car needs an oil change or service, the dealer will pick up the car at my home, perform the service, wash the car and return it to my home. There is no fee for this service. The car also comes with lifetime roadside assistance. If needed, Lincoln will provide a loaner car. This gives me assurance Lincoln has confidence in this vehicle and backs it with a very good warranty. There is one more thing I like about my Continental. It is built in the USA by American workers. If you are looking for a really nice, comfortable and well made luxury car, you should try the Lincoln Continental.

Amazing beautiful car!

BJR, 02/12/2017
Reserve 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Currently have less than 1,000 miles on the car and couldn't be happier with it. Initially got lousy gas mileage the first week but the dealer assured me it would get better and was stunned to get 32.6 mpg driving down I95. Usually runs about 20 to 24 mpg around town which I am pleased with. The car is extremely comfortable riding and people fight over who will sit in the front seat to get massaged. Still trying to figure out all the gadgets and functions. Love that people stop and walk around the car and always comment on it. I have the white gold color and it is stunning. Did 6 months of research on about 10 different cars, luxury, sporty, muscle cars, etc. and am very pleased with our choice. Update: I have now had the Lincoln Continental for 8 months and have almost 6,000 miles on it. I love, love, love this car! It is so comfortable, responsive and luxurious. There are no adverse comments that I can think of and I continue to have people fight over who will sit in the front seat to be spoiled by the massaging seats! Still getting great gas mileage, 32-36 mpg on the highway and 24-28 around town. It is very difficult to sit in a regular car after being in this one. I recently used a valet service for 5 days and every day who ever was parking the car commented on what a beautiful car and how they hadn't seen anything like it. My 4 grandchildren ages 6-10 always want to show their friends the car and they all have said they want to get a car like this when they are older.

Surpising Improvement

JRBoca, 12/22/2016
Reserve 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

My fourth Lincoln in the past 10 years and first impressions are very positive albeit limited miles on the car so far. Of the two MKX's and the MKZ hybrid I owned prior to this car, the new Continental is a winner. The fit and finish inside and out are of the level of a higher priced vehicle. I also own a 2015 SL 550 which I used as a benchmark. I've got the 2.7L which I find to be quick and smooth for it's size and a little noisy on takeoff. The updated Sync 3 system is solid compared to the previous ones I've owned. All still much better than what I've got in my MB. I've got the perfect position seats and they're pretty perfect. These seats make this car and a must if you're considering buying one. I got the standard radio which is disappointing for the overall price of the car. I'll switch out the speakers with better aftermarket as a workaround. I would have bought the Revel radio if they had one. After I log a few thousand more miles, I'll update this review. Here's my update on the car. Still love this car and its overall performance. My only issue today is the entry/exit mode where the steering wheel move up and away works sometimes and other times not and the dealer can't fix it. Just had an airbag recall that was easily fixed. The pick-up and delivery services works well and a nice feature. Gas mileage is excellent for a big powerful car. It still has the showroom look, feel and smell. I've done a couple of 4 hour plus trips and the comfort is the best I've experienced. One of my Mercedes friends and I had a trip and he was impressed. Updat - had the car a year and still impressed. My only issue is the in/out feature as is works sometimes and not others and the dealer can’t seem to fix it. This is more of a aggravation than anything else.

Great Car

Carlos, 10/18/2016
Black Label 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I just got the car from my dealer. First of all the Dealer experience was above the expected service. They delivered the car to me in a pristine conditions. Fit and Finish is great, the seats are out of this world, I had a Mercedes E350 and the comfort and ambience this Continental has is way above the Mercedes. The power of the engine and the way it is delivered to the 4 wheels. It's feel in a category above. The only thing I would criticize is the fuel economy, if you get to happy with the engine revs then the fuel economy goes down...sad because the engine is a silky machinery that calls to be pressed.

Simply Awesome!!!

Scott G, 10/21/2016
Black Label 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

What a car! Was leaning towards a BMW 7 series and drove the Lincoln hands down a way better car for way less money.

Had BMW 7 and Lexus LS

Mark, 03/15/2017
Reserve 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

After owning a BMW & and several Lexus LS's I found those care to be very good, however I thought for the dollars spent the Lincoln was a great value for the money. I am very bid on how a car rides. And have found the Lincoln to ride very well, and the interior very quiet. Bluetooth, and technology works great, and the electric doors are very nice. Definitely best seating in any car I have owned, I have the upgraded seating. Not like a foreign car, this car is very American. I am not a bid fan of the sporty rides, and since I do not need a car that does 150 MPH, this is a pure luxury car and a better value for the money.

Luxury without Wealth

Teach, 01/23/2017
Reserve 4dr Sedan AWD (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

The Continental rides beautifully. It handles the road, pot holes, like a Trojan horse. It's cool, calm, heavy, and stately. I have driven the Mercedes S class and have found this car to exhibit the same feel, and road manners as its Bavarian neighbor with out the big excessive money down, or astronomically high monthly note. Compared to my 2013 MKZ this car drinks gas, but for the power, acceleration and poise which it exudes, I smile everytime I stand next to it. This car is a Beast, and I mean that in a great way. From some angles it looks like a Bentley. I am more than pleased, I am humbled to have such an awesome ride. The interior space is a dream come true. My family fits without the adjustment of the front seats. It offers the best seat in the house while on the road.

Not up to date!

Eduard Emil, 11/25/2016
Reserve 4dr Sedan AWD (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I think I purchased the first one sold in wisconsin. It's a beautiful smooth car with two problems. Using the push button shifter, its very easy to mistakenly push the Reverse button instead of the Park button. That could cause a serious accident if you don't double check which button you pushed before taking your foot off the break. Second annoyance is that the GPS is out of date because it doesn't accept addresses that my 3 year old Tom Tom in my truck or my PC's Mapquest does. It also displays out of date speed limits i.e., I-43 in Wisconsin is 70 mph, the GPS says its the old 65 mpg changed two years ago. I noticed this on other roads too, completely not up to date. I am sure they figured on this for a future upgrade for $400 in a year or so as they did with my old 2010 MKS. I complained about this to the dealer and they basically told me "what you got you got," I called the Lincoln company and they sent me to a website where I could have spent the next two years of my limited life trying to figure it out. I think for $74,000 they should take care of it!

The White Knight

Nicholas Vigilante, 07/24/2017
Select 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

My Continental is a 2017 Select A200 with White Tricoat with the Cappuccino Leather/Espresso Wood interior, which prompted my wife to name it, "The White Knight." I wanted a nice looking, comfortable, and well equipped luxury car. This car has exceeded my expectations, especially the quality of the materials inside the car. It is fast enough (but not meant to be a racer with a 3.7 Litre engine), it is incredibly quiet and comfortable, it rides so soft on any road surface, and it is solid with no creeks and rattles. The Continental is also very safe, top rated by IIHS with a safety plus rating - that was an important factor. I also like the free concierge maintenance pick-up and return plan that comes with the Lincoln, along with a free Lincoln loaner car while my car is worked on. The Lincoln Dealership treated me extremely well during the purchase process. They have a Lincoln Brand Champion Representative who gave me "five star" service acquainting me to the car, all its many features, and maintenance and service plans.

I love the loaner car

Bob Sawyer, 10/14/2017
Black Label 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I was the first to buy my new Lincoln and watched for it over two years. First major problem was the doors would not close, they are electric and I had to drive to the dealer holding the door closed with my left hand. The car was constantly shaking and dealer could not find a problem finally after taking the engine apart it was decided that I needed a new engine. Yes a new engine, and a car with 24,000 miles. Get's better now my backup camera needs to be replaced. I am back in the loaner car..

Broken Wings

K. OBrien, 06/23/2017
Reserve 4dr Sedan AWD (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

While the company raves about the position seating, intense instruction on the "key fobs" and how to position the seat without damaging the "wings" of the driver seat should be given. Beginning on the first day of ownership figuring out all the "new features" seat positioning has been difficult. The information that the seat will only reposition back 2" when the car was turned off, was never mentioned; making it difficult enough to enter the seat the next time causing the wing to pull away from the plastic base to which it was secured. Car has been in service department twice in 6 months and with the car being so new, there are no replacement parts.

Star Trek Technology in a Classy American Sedan

Marc K., 10/04/2017
Reserve 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I ordered the Reserve Model RWD 2.7L turbo, with about everything except the halogen lights and backseat package. It took a little over 2 months to arrive but it was worth the wait. When I drove the test model which had the 3.7L engine, I was wowed immediately by the LED instrument panel, the performance and the active noise cancelling system. Upon delivery when I drove the car I thought that they had mistakenly put the 3.7L engine in it as I could not tell the difference in acceleration. My previous car was a 2011 Cadillac DTS. Comparing these two regarding ride and handling, the Cady gets the edge on smooth ride, but the Lincoln blows away the DTS on handling. Even in the “comfort” mode the car handles really nice, but you will notice a bump more profoundly if you are use to driving more of a land yacht. The Good: The technology is Star-Trek like. The smart cruise, lane keeper, and emergency braking features work great. I have a bad back and the seat massager is wonderful. It works much better than that on the DTS. I ordered the 13 speaker Revel sound system which blows away anything I have ever listened to in an automobile including the Bose systems. If you are a music nut research Revel, you will be impressed. The push button transmission is great, no clunky shifter in the middle to get in the way, and its idiot proof as you have to have your foot on the brake in order to put the car into D or R. The backup camera system and over head profile view are very nice additions, and the on-demand front camera is great for getting into tight quarters. The fit and finish and overall appearance are as nice as you could possible want, and I have gotten many compliments on the car since I have owned it. The Bad: There isn’t much to pick at, but there are a couple of things I would like to see changed. First the console is so far back that it is extremely difficult to access from the driver’s seat. It would nice if they could redesign the console and move it forward 4 or 5 inches. Second the translucent top which covers the entire car looks awesome but the sun roof only opens up about 1 foot, which left me a little cold. The Ugly: The automatic parking feature did not work properly when the car was delivered. The salesman and I drove the car around the lot testing it. The system failed to identify perfectly fine parking places and then tried to back the car into a “space” about 5 foot wide – thank goodness the human driver can over-ride! I have not had the car back yet for servicing so I don’t know what fixing it will entail. My conclusion is the car is worth every bit of a 5 star rating. I absolutely love it and encourage anyone interesting in a full size luxury sadden to test one out.

All American Luxury

Dennis, 04/07/2018
Reserve 4dr Sedan AWD (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I am a mid 40s male and traded in my mustang gt for a nearly fully loaded continental a month ago. All I can say is what a great car. The car looks great inside and out, there is nothing in my opinion that matches the Conty's style. Understated class. The car is very quiet and comfortable. The perfect position seats are great and the revel system sounds great. The car accelerates very well and has plenty of power for passing and getting down the road quickly. What I also really like about this car is that it is all American. I would recommend this car to anyone.

2017 Ruby Red Lincoln -- Excellent Car!!!

Kimmy, 09/10/2018
Select 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I also own a 2009 Lincoln MKS which I love and still have. It is getting up there in mileage (176k) so my other half wanted me to have this. Let me say while okay I could see the room for improvement in the MKS. It looks like Lincoln made a note of all the lessons learned from that car and vowed not to repeat them on the Continental. The Continental is a fantastic car. One thing I like about Lincoln in comparison to other brands is the tech that is put into their cars is never convoluted or confusing to master. I've previously looked at the Acura TLX, RLX, Hyundai Genesis (2015) and the G80. While nice cars, each time I sat in one I felt like the setup was way too busy. And sorry but I see so many Mercedes C300, 400 or whatever floating around it is no longer special to me. It amazes me how both the MKS and Continental are about the same length but Lincoln managed to fit so much more back seat room and better trunk space into this new car than the MKS. The Continental is a roomy big car that does not drive like one, which is great in my opinion. Being able to switch between comfort and sport modes is nice. I like a floaty ride but i'm finding that I like the sport mode better. It provides good road feel while also exuding comfort. The base engine has a nice pickup and unless you are a race car driver it is is good for everyday driving. The upgraded engines seem like a "nice to have" but not having it is not a deal breaker on this car. The gas mileage is acceptable but not great. One great thing is this car can take regular gas but operates even better on mid-level fuel and doesn't necessarily need premium gas. The 20-inch tires are way better than the 18 or 19 inches in my opinion. If getting this car please do not do so without getting the Navigation or the Dual Moonroof. Both add to the total experience of this car. As for buying this car brand new, I don't know if I would pay 54K-80k for it but as a certified used car with a good warranty on it, it is an excellent buy. Well worth the money.

Connie is the car of my dreams!

Steve M, 12/04/2018
Reserve 4dr Sedan AWD (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

This 2017 Continental Reserve with many Black Label options is/has everything I have wanted. It looks classy, it has plenty of power, it handles very well and yet has a cushy ride. It is the perfect blend of power, performance, comfort and tech. yes, there are euro cars that have better sport performance, but I wanted a luxury cruiser that can still do 0-60 in 6 sec. Massaging/heated/cooled front AND back seats??? Heck, I can start my car from anywhere I have internet access from my phone. If it's cold, it turns on the rear defroster, the heat and heated seats. THAT is BIG when you work inside a large building. I paid more than 15k less to get a similar equipped and sized car over the euro competition. I have owned MB, Caddy and Volvo, and loved each one of them.... this one beats them all.

Impressed

Frank Quinn, 07/31/2018
Reserve 4dr Sedan AWD (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I recently replaced my 2014 Lincoln MKZ. Prior to that I owned a 2010 and A 2011 MKS. I was impressed by the smooth ride of the Continental. I opted for the 3.0 400 HP AWD Model. This is the best Lincoln I have driven and has exceeded my expectations. I liked each MKS I had, I actually bought 2 with 3.5 Ecoboost engines, had but I love the Continental. American elegance mixed with power and performance is exactly what I was looking for. Didn’t expect such a smooth ride and all the features. Would highly recommend.

A car named Layla.

Loretta, 06/27/2017
Reserve 4dr Sedan AWD (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Excellent in every way. Extremely knowledgeable and very efficient dealership. Although I hate car salesman this was a great experience. They starting by sending me lots of emails so I sent them one that said "Chill; it's getting to the top of the list", and they chilled. Shortly afterwards I went and took the Continental for a test drive and fell in love. I am leasing a 2017 Lincoln Continental and absolutely love it. My old car is a 2001 Crown Victoria so I am finally joining the 21st Century and loving every minute of it. Thanks you guys!

Incredibly QUIET, good power & a nice ride

Ted K, 03/10/2020
Reserve 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I have never driven a quieter highway car. Truly amazing - even at 70mph. Handles exceptionally well for a large sedan. Almost too many bells and whistles - like the odd lack of standard door handles - you push a button instead. Gee, what could go wrong with that idea? The car is nicely shaped and has a spacious interior - even the back seat. Addition of a sunroof takes away about 3 inches of headroom and most cars come through with the sunroof. The car is has a classy yet understated exterior except for the giant 20 inch wheels. They are coarse and gaudy and spoil an otherwise elegant design. The oversize wheels with low profile tires also compromise the cushy ride on back streets and country roads. They also shout "pimpmobile" 18 inch wheels would be far more tasteful and the car would ride even better.

Lincoln is back!!

Thomas, 05/15/2017
Reserve 4dr Sedan AWD (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

The Continental is by far the best car I could have purchased for the money. Silky smooth/quite ride, excellent performance and top notch materials. And as always the treatment and service you receive from your Lincoln Mercury well Lincoln dealer is always superior to anyone else. I highly recommend the Continental to anyone who is looking for a comfortable and luxurious sedan. Also 400 horsepower is a great thing to have on reserve as well. So glad Lincoln brought back the Continental.

Beyond Expectations

Bill, 10/21/2016
Black Label 4dr Sedan AWD (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I ordered the Continental in July. I was starting to get inpatient and wondering if it was going to be really worth the wait. Well, let me tell you that from the second I seen the Continental Pull up from getting out of detail, right away I knew it was worth the wait. This car is just BEAUTIFUL plain and simple. The pictures do it no justice, they do not capture the elegant curves that this Lincoln has. While I was waiting for it to be built, I was considering Mercedes, BMW, Lexus, Cadillac. I am SO happy I waited it out and stuck with Lincoln. There is just something special when you stand back and look it at. It has many throw backs to the classic Lincolns while also including all of today's modern technology. The ride is so quiet and smooth. The massaging seats are AMAZING! I never wanna get out of the car! The door handles are awesome, just pull and the door opens effortlessly. All I can say is go to a showroom and go see it and drive one. Like stated above, all the elegant and classy curves are not captured on the photos that I have seen so far. I'm SO impressed. By the way, I'm 35yr old guy and I'm proud to drive this AMERICAN CLASSIC! I have the Black Label, Diamond Black exterior, Thoroughbred interior (gorgeous combo), 3.0 AWD. I would recommend at least getting the Reserve if able, the Black Label is just incredible.

Black Beauty

Rick, 09/21/2019
Black Label 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I Black Label and had driven Cadillacs for many years. I thought they were a great luxery car. Then I bought this 2017 Lincoln Continental and oh my gosh it is way ahead of the Cadillac in all ways. The ride is very comfortable and quiet. No wind, road or any other noise. It get around 23 mpg around town and about 30 mpg on the highway. This car has all the bells & whistles for a fun ride.

A tremendous amount of luxury for the price!

Dwayne A., 05/18/2020
Reserve 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

First of all, I should mention that this Continental is the sixteenth Lincoln I have owned. I bought my first (a three-year-old 1973 Continental Town Car) when I was eighteen years old. At twenty-one, I purchased my first brand new one, a 1979 Continental Mark V. In between there have been other Continentals, a Mark VIII, multiple Town Cars, a couple of Navigators, a Mark LT pickup, and an MKT. Roughly half were purchased new, the rest were used. After a massive stroke, my wife is unable to drive but we keep a sedan around because it's easier for her to get in and out of than my daily driver, an F-150 Super Crew Cab 4x4. We bought this particular car as a Certified Pre-Owned recently. I know beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but I find the white platinum metallic tri-coat with cappuccino interior to be a lovely combination. In my early sixties now, I really wish cars hadn't become so technical. It's a sign of the times however, and the manufacturers have to keep up in order to survive. Our son and daughter-in-law reside with us in order to help care for my wife so one allure of this particular car was its rear seat package. Whoever is riding back there deserves just as much comfort as the front seat passengers. The massage feature in the front and rear seats is phenomenal, as is the front seats' 30-way perfect positioning. The Revel sound system is magnificent. We purchased it at a dealership about a hundred miles from home so our first drive was a pretty good test of its comfort. I personally find the ride (in comfort mode) to be similar to my last Town Car (2008) and better than my MKT (2012) or most recent Navigator (2016). The front fascia reminds me of the 2011 Jaguar XJL Supercharged we used to have but the ride is considerably smoother. It is my sincere hope that it will be more reliable as well. That Jaguar, along with a BMW I owned years ago, led to me swear off any vehicle that isn't American! Admittedly, we haven't had the car long enough yet to know how it's going to go but early indications are that we will be quite satisfied with it. I cannot think of anything else I could have purchased at the same price point that would have rivaled it for comfort and style.

Luxury at a great price

Patrick, 10/01/2016
Reserve 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Lincoln built a great vehicle. The 30 way seat with the buit in message was genius.The comfort is unbelievable. First time since 2001 this vehicle built. Lincoln continental is truly a luxury automobile.

lincoln revisited

James Hargreaves, 01/11/2017
Premiere 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

great ride technology and acceleration. exterior lighting is fantastic

It was time

Byron Steele, 02/26/2017
Select 4dr Sedan AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I purchase this car because everything I had read about it intrigue me. I was impressed with the interior design as well as the exterior design. Now that I own it I have a few hundred miles on it all I can say is I made the right purchase. It right is fantastic.. it's the nicest car I've ever been in.

Babe Ruth of American cars

Brent Savage sr., 08/26/2017
Premiere 4dr Sedan AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

As good as foreign luxury-20,000 cheaper

It is not a Town Car

Ted, 11/28/2017
Black Label 4dr Sedan AWD (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

There is probably no suspension made that can smooth out low-profile tires. It rides like a sports car. My Town Car rode like a boat in smooth water. I can count the pavement strips with this car. It takes a lot of time and manual reading to learn all of the controls. Then when you find them and do not use them, they are not intuitive. For example opening the moon roof at night at 60mph. The controls to open the shade, the moon roof, the rear window shade, the interior lights and the rear head rest pop down ate all located in the upper center and are all slight indentations. You can barely feel them and then there is no way to know without looking, what indentation you ate in. The rearview mirrors are similar. You have to feel around to find them. Once you push the button for a mirror, then feeling for the directional control you are just as likely to push the door lock button or the button for the other mirror and now you are adjusting the wrong mirror. I WILL NOT BUY ANOTHER LINCOLN UNTIL THEY LEARN TO HAVE LEVERS LIKE THE TOWN CAR. The seats are very comfortable and easy to adjust. The heating/cooling controls and fan control are great. Can you believe it? My Town Car had a 5 CD changer. This car not only does not have a changer, it has no place to put CD's except to drop them in a pile under the player. Dimming the panel lights is again clumsy with flat buttons on either side of the light switch. Again you have to feel around. It only dims the panel lights and not the center console screen. You have to go through a menu system to do that. The car is peppy and handles extremely well, like a sports car. But I wanted a comfort sedan. I drive a lifted Jeep with 37" tires I drive to work, so I don't want to bounce in the car when my wife and I go out in the evening. Gas mileage with premium gas is about 20-25mpg. But who cares when you buy an upper scale car? Finally be prepared to learn a new language called "Lincoln.". If you give voice commands, you must say them precisely and to do so, you must go to the manual to learn them. There are 26 commands to control the climate. Say List of Commands and they will appear on the console. The automatic parking is a terror. I won't use it. It whips in so fast you had better have your foot ready on the brake to stop it. The car is very quiet at highway speeds. With the moon roof open, it is still very quiet. Maintenance - take the car in once a year or 10,000 miles - great! The self closing doors are nice. Interior lighting is great. The instrument panel is another aggravation. Trip 1 & trip 2 require you to go to the menu to change the panel. Tire pressure is a big picture showing the car and the pressure on each wheel. It takes up way too much room and you lose other panel instruments, so back to the menu. Once I had to make several turns merging onto a highway. It told me that I was drowsy on the instrument panel. It took 5 minutes of trying everything to make it go away until I found that you are supposed to touch the instrument panel where the warning is. ZZzzzzzz. I tried the lane activation with no traffic. If there had been a police car behind me I would have been pulled over. It waits until it is over the right lane line before it steers left and then shoooooots over to the left line and then back again like it is drunk The cruise control works nicely and I like the way you can adjust the following distance. I wish it had an "accelerate" like my Town Car, but you have to speed up and then press the reset button again. As a Ford car company owner since 1978, I love the keypad on the side. I have never carried my keys or fob.

2017 Lincoln Continental Black Label

Reggie , 01/18/2018
Black Label 4dr Sedan AWD (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I recently purchased a 2017 Lincoln Continental Black Label, with the Rear Seat Option and the 3.0 Engine. I really enjoy driving this American made Vehicle. The driving dynamics of this vehicle are smooth, and comfortable at all times. The Perfect Position 30 way adjustable seats are very comfortable. The Revel Stereo has a Awesome sound for listening to all types of music. The illumination of the Lincoln Welcome Mat is always impressive as you approach the Lincoln Continental. The Interior lighting when driving at night, is a beautiful experience, and easy to navigate the controls when driving at night. The Heads-Up Display is very easy to utilize in all lighting conditions. The All Wheel Drive, with the Torque Vectoring is very impressive in all driving situations. A good value to me, as a American made Luxury Vehicle. Always a pleasure to drive.

Black label Lincoln Continental is Top shelf!

Adam, 08/03/2018
Black Label 4dr Sedan AWD (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I have people stopping me to tell me how good looking this car is. I love driving it. It’s so plush but has enough get up and go when I hit the gas to satisfy this former Dodge Charger owner. The only criticism I have is I single rough shift between first and second that happens occasionally when coasting but otherwise it works like a dream.

Serene Luxury with More than Enough Power

Tom McCauley, 05/18/2019
Reserve 4dr Sedan AWD (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Purchased as an off-lease car in November 2018. It is powered by the 3.0 L twin turbo V6 with AWD; not the 2.7L (which was the only option in the Edmunds dropdown menu). It replaced a 2007 Audi A6 Quattro. The Lincoln is every bit as quick as was the Audi, and seems as sure-footed (although I really haven't pushed it yet). The Lincoln's Revel stereo is the best I have ever owned; the ride is serenely quiet and the car solidly takes bumps in stride. The 30-way adjustable front seats take some time to get used to, but properly adjusted provide adequate support and comfort. The back seat is roomy enough for three adults. The overall fit and finish rivals other luxury cars I have owned, including the Audi, a 1997 Jaguar XK8, and 1991 Lexus LS400. The safety systems include all the latest bells and whistles, including adaptive cruise control, 360 deg cameras, and park assist. The infotainment system is intuitive and much easier to use than my wife's 2015 Lexus. The only nit I have on performance is with the transmission: the six-speed tranny is very smooth during moderate or aggressive acceleration; but in stop-and-go traffic it sometimes lurches to find the right gear. The car is averaging 19.4 mpg in mostly suburban driving. Not bad for a 4300 pound car with a 400 HP engine - especially since it uses regular gas! Update after a year: Still very impressed with this car!! It is solidly built and after 30,000+ miles there are no unusual squeaks or rattles even over very rough roads - something I cannot say about my wife's 2015 Lexus RX350. Still averaging over 19 mpg on regular gas in city driving. Ford finally produced a luxury sedan to rival the Germans. I can't believe they announced plans to discontinue it!

Lease is up soon. To buy or lease again?

Ernie, 09/12/2019
Select 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Make sure you get the 30 way seats and not the 10 way.The transmission can be a little jerky at times but not really an issue. Engine gas been great. Battery went dead after 2 1/2 years but was replaced under warranty.10 way seats that came standard with the select model are way too hard and very uncomfortable on long trips.Had the car for almost 30, 000 miles and has been very reliable. car is ruby red and have had lots of compliments on it. Still on the fence as to whether to buy it or lease a new one. Update: Wish I had kept it. One of the best cars I have ever had!

LUXURY AT IT'S Best!

john, 03/09/2017
Select 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

The extra cost is worth every dollar. We tend to keep a car a long time, and the quality of this Lincoln Continental tells me it will last like our Towncar did.

New and already issues

Anthony Cicerella, 04/26/2019
Premiere 4dr Sedan AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

The car is pretty to look at but within 4 months at 1200 miles immediate issue with computer operations. Half of the buttons on the steering wheel don't work, oil change lights are constantly on driving me nuts. 2600 miles all the electronic features have their own mind. Received recall for doors flyirng open while driving, can't turn off idiot tlights because nothing works right. Trunk opens on it's own, voice button works 50 percent of the time. On acceleration your head jerks backwards because the shifting is so hard, rough transmission. Minimal voice controls never given any information on that when purchased. Do not believe there's any driver assist anything. Just totally disappointed with this car. I currently own 7 cars and will NEVER buy Lincoln again. Either it's a lemon or they are just junky cheap cars. Dash is mostly cheap plastic, I could go on for hours. Just disgusted with this purchase. Will never buy Lincoln again. I learn from my mistakes

Never again !!!

PK, 02/19/2018
Premiere 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

My previous problem with door guards has been resolved, a lot of headaches but they no longer exist. I now have 18,000 miles getting between 22-24 mpg combined. Have had sensor issues and dealership telling me my vehicle was hit causing problem, no my car was not hit faulty sensor more like it. Since having it repaired STILL having detection issues. Electrical issues more like it. The noise from engine compartment is still as bad as new, Very loud in cabin when accelerating. All in All, Never again is still my thought on this vehicle. This is my FIRST FORD product and will be my LAST FORD product. Hence my review title NEVER AGAIN. For the money, much better cars out there. I’ll be looking at saying good bye to My Lincoln sooner than later, for sure. 23000 mile update. Had Three recalls, seatbelt, airbag, door latch. Still have same feelings toward this car, although it does have good interior room. On a recent recall service, got a Cadillac for a rental and it quite noticeably quieter than the Lincoln, not as roomy and interior was no match for Lincoln. Cheap GM plastic.

Not my Town Car

Karl, 12/10/2018
Reserve 4dr Sedan AWD (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Leased my Reserve AWD in March 18 after driving Town Cars for 20 years. While the Town Car is a dinosaur by comparison, its overall ride and storage capacity was far superior. That being said here are my thoughts so far at 7000 miles: PROS; 30 position massage seats though somewhat complicated to operate. MPG overall 23-24 and 27 Hwy on a few trips. 2.7 liter turbocharged engine offers good power. Above average rear seat room. Nice styling. Lots of bells and whistles though don't know if I'll ever use them all. CONS: Push button transmission can be slow to respond. It and everything is computer/electrically controlled including opening the doors. I'm old school and don't care for this trend. Dash display option unnecessarily complicated. No option for a temperature gauge. Owners manual 3/4" thick and poorly organized. Below average trunk capacity but the rear seats fold down which helps. No power to auxiliary ports when engine is off. Soooo... bottom line is I wish Lincoln still built a Town Car but with some of the tech updates and doodads that the Continental provides. The jury is out on whether I'll get another one when the lease is up

Top of the line luxury car

John, 12/10/2017
Reserve 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Test drove a Buick LaCrosse. Then test drove a Lincoln Continental. The Lincoln was best by far. Quite, comfortable, 2.7 twin turbo engine is very powerful, good gas mileage....no complaints. If you drive a Continental you will never want another Cadillac, BMW or Mercedes.

Great car

Liam, 10/23/2016

It's amazing

American Luxury

WDCraig, 05/10/2020
Select 4dr Sedan AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Lincoln has done a great job with this modern interpretation of the classic American luxury car. We bought it used, with 31,000 miles on it 3 weeks ago for $27k. Thanks to the 4 year factory warranty, we still have 6 months remaining. It had been a special order, leased car with a MSRP of over $55,000. The options checked on this "Select": AWD, climate package, panoramic sunroof, blind spot/cross traffic detection and platinum white metallic paint. The base normally aspirated 3.7 V-6 engine is the only demerit and it is a minor one. On the plus side this engine is a long lived, powerful (enough) Ford standard which should be very reliable. The engine's 305 horsepower while matching the power of the old V-8 falls short of the older engines in terms of smoothness and silence. The exhaust note and vibration at idle are pronounced and while not unwelcome in a Mustang are out of place in this luxury car. Otherwise I haven't a negative thing to say about this car after 3 weeks of ownership. While styling and comfort are very subjective, my wife and I believe the car lovely, well finished and exceptionally comfortable. With standard 10 adjustment seats, my wife, who is very particular; after the test drive pronounced it the most comfortable car she had ever sat in. There is a certain exclusivity that attends Continental ownership; the highest sales year to date, was 2017 with 12,012 sold in the US; that same year Mercedes sold 15,888 of their flagship S Class in the US. Among several other luxury sedans we test drove at the time of purchase, was a 2012 Mercedes S550 (50,000 miles and the dealership asking $5,000 less). Indeed, I was surprised; the S Class had always been a "halo car" of mine. Then again, they say best not meet ones hero and in fairness to the Mercedes, it was an older car by 5 years with 20,000 more miles on it. The Mercedes was the superior "performance sedan" but I own a Corvette; so I have that covered. The Continental was unquestionably a better luxury car than the Mercedes. If you don't believe me; then you should drive them back to back as we did. Another nice thing about this Continental is that even though it is 3 years old, it still looks as new as a 2020. Rumors suggest 2020 or 2021 will mark the end of the car's production. Sedans, at least in the US, are becoming increasingly rare, which is a real shame (we also own a AWD Highlander...so while we appreciate the "utility" of the 3rd seat and cargo capacity of the Highlander, we rarely need it unless we have out of town company). There are many interesting things about the Continental, most already fully detailed by other reviewers; but I'll mention a few of my favorites. The car welcoming you with lighting as you approach it is a nice classy touch- when dark, you can see the lights underneath the mirrors project down the Lincoln logo upon the pavement and upon opening the doors the word Lincoln is illuminated along the threshold. The electric "push button" entry and self closing doors and trunk are literally a nice touch; together with the kick of the foot trunk opening and closing (it takes a bit of practice to master the trunk... center the foot and pretend you are kicking a ball...viola). The cap-less fuel fill is nice. This and much more, particularly with respect to the technology in this car (variable instrument cluster and Syn 3 system which is fairly user friendly compared to others). I really appreciate the redundant manual HVAC and audio controls and we default to the manual controls over the touch screen. The push button gear selection I could live with or without; it took my wife awhile to get used to it. While the vertical placement makes for less of a reach, this and because the buttons are flat takes some concentration to select the right gear. The touch pad door lock is handy for getting into the car and locking it without the fob. A couple of things you might not read elsewhere- the hood, front quarter panels, fuel door and trunk lid are aluminum. The glove box has a yellow button that opens an upper compartment where you can store your owner's manual (allowing for the full use of the glove box). How many cars do you know of that have an AC outlet? This car has one. The cup holders for the back seat passengers in the fold down console is a nice touch. The wood trim, is real wood, perhaps too nice, because looks artificial. Also the split folding rear seats might offer some "utility." Learning the car and its technology suite with its 538 page manual might prove to be a heavy lift for some. It took me about a week of back and forth to get the car set up to our liking. I've put our car in the "comfort" mode; that's what we wanted in a luxury car; and the car rides and handles great in hat setting. If you are in the market for a well made, uniquely American (and American made) luxury car; you'd be hard pressed to find a better automobile.

Small, hard, fatiguing seats

Paul C, 01/28/2017
Select 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Lincoln Continental Town Car's and Mercury Marquis's of the past offered large, soft, deeply foam padded from seats. But this new 2017 Continental has small, hard, economy car like front seats. So this is not a comfortable long trip car like the Town Car was. The push button gear shift is dangerous because the buttons are not clearly marked or color coded - I ended up pushing Park when I reached for reverse and vice versa and once I even pushed Park when I intended to select Drive. The ultra-wide 19" wheels with 45 series tires detract from ride comfort as compared to the previous Lincoln Town Car. Road and tire noise is well suppressed, but exhaust noise is prominent. At idle, engine vibration is transfered to the steering wheel - yet another economy car like characteristic of this car. Directional stability at highway speeds is only fairly good so the driver needs to maintain attention to keep the car in his lane - yes still another economy car like feature. After renting this car for two days, I had no desire to own one.

Lincoln Continental Black Label

Reggie, 01/11/2018

Not what I paid for

Ron B., 12/18/2018
Reserve 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Extremely disappointed in the car. Actually wished I never bought it. The GPS maps are 4-5 years out of date, the USB ports malfunction, the "chilled" front seats are a joke. They are in fact NOT chilled, they suck air into the seat, not cool air is blown out. The seats are worthless. I've never heard of this. Never again.

Pushbuttons

Charlie73, 10/24/2018
Reserve 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Pushbutton transmission shifter very difficult to get use to....if ever

No front room space.

cape may, 01/27/2020
Reserve 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I had a 2014 Lincoln MKS prior. The difference between both cars is major concerning the front seat. There is little room in the Continental. I have to have 2 auto settings for the seat. One to get in and out and one for driving. The seats retract minimal when turning the car off. Also the steering wheel does not move enough to the high side. The side of the front seat has broken off 2 times due to its figuration getting in and out. When I adjust the seat to my driving I can't see the sunroof controls on top without bending forward and down. The MKS had adjustable brake petals, head lites that turned towards the direction you were turning, heated and a/c seats and when you turned off the car the adjusted seats moved quite a bit up and down. The continental left a lot to be desired. I should have kept the MKS and are very sorry I have the Continental.

Rides like a sports car!

M. Steinert, 09/17/2017
Select 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Not worth the money. Even when car is set at "comfort" setting it's like riding in a bad sports car. After owning this car for nearly a year I still believe it is very uncomfortable. The trunk lid doesn’t close automatically like it is supposed to and we’ve taken it to the dealership 3 times. Now we need to have the transmission checked.

51050