Used 2017 Lincoln Continental Sedan Consumer Reviews

List Price Range

Used Continental for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

The continental is so nice, I bought one.

DC, 11/08/2016
Reserve 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

UPDATE: May 8, 2018. I still love the car and it continues to be trouble free. By far the most comfortable car for long drives. Powerful, excellent fuel economy (24.8 mixed driving. I could get better mileage, but the engine is fun to rev.). The car is fast, quiet, extremely comfortable and fun to drive. I highly recommend driving one before you buy any other luxury car. I bet you will be impressed. Over my lifetime I have owned many more expensive German cars but this is the nicest car I have owned to date. UPDATE: November 8, 2017. The car continues to be flawless. I enjoy driving it and it continues to be a luxurious, comfortable, capable and quiet ride. The gas mileage continues to get better, despite my tendency to enjoy the feel the torque of the turbocharged engine on acceleration. I would change nothing on the car. If I did not own this one, I would go out and buy one today. The nicest car I have ever owned. I have not been back to the dealership for any issues. I soon will go to the dealer and receive my free oil change service. ORIGINAL REVIEW: I continue to marvel at the comfort, quietness and performance of this car. It is so comfortable, smooth and quiet that now my other four cars seem noisy and rough. I just love the perfect position seats. I had been looking for a luxury sedan for about a year. I test drove almost every model of every luxury brand and finally decided on the Lincoln Continental. I bought the Reserve model with the 2.7 liter twin turbo engine (380 lbs. of torque) and the perfect position seats (Extra cost, but worth every penny). The Continental is a really high quality, fast, quiet and comfortable car. It is perfect for long trips, where you can enjoy the extremely quiet cabin and amazingly comfortable seats. I tried every seat on the market and the heated and cooled Lincoln Continental Perfect Position seats are the best available anywhere. I have owned seven Mercedes S- class, several Cadillacs and Lincolns. This Continental is by far the nicest of them all. The quality of the leather and wood is outstanding as is the fit and finish of the entire car. The safety and convenience features of the car are wonderful. Lincoln has invested a lot of time and money to design the new Continental and it shows. Lincoln also has put a lot of money into their dealerships and I was pleased with how helpful the dealership and sales staff were. I spent a lot of time driving every model to find the one I liked best and they were most accommodating. I like the fact the Continental has six year power train warranty and a four year, 50,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty. When the car needs an oil change or service, the dealer will pick up the car at my home, perform the service, wash the car and return it to my home. There is no fee for this service. The car also comes with lifetime roadside assistance. If needed, Lincoln will provide a loaner car. This gives me assurance Lincoln has confidence in this vehicle and backs it with a very good warranty. There is one more thing I like about my Continental. It is built in the USA by American workers. If you are looking for a really nice, comfortable and well made luxury car, you should try the Lincoln Continental.

Amazing beautiful car!

BJR, 02/12/2017
Reserve 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Currently have less than 1,000 miles on the car and couldn't be happier with it. Initially got lousy gas mileage the first week but the dealer assured me it would get better and was stunned to get 32.6 mpg driving down I95. Usually runs about 20 to 24 mpg around town which I am pleased with. The car is extremely comfortable riding and people fight over who will sit in the front seat to get massaged. Still trying to figure out all the gadgets and functions. Love that people stop and walk around the car and always comment on it. I have the white gold color and it is stunning. Did 6 months of research on about 10 different cars, luxury, sporty, muscle cars, etc. and am very pleased with our choice. Update: I have now had the Lincoln Continental for 8 months and have almost 6,000 miles on it. I love, love, love this car! It is so comfortable, responsive and luxurious. There are no adverse comments that I can think of and I continue to have people fight over who will sit in the front seat to be spoiled by the massaging seats! Still getting great gas mileage, 32-36 mpg on the highway and 24-28 around town. It is very difficult to sit in a regular car after being in this one. I recently used a valet service for 5 days and every day who ever was parking the car commented on what a beautiful car and how they hadn't seen anything like it. My 4 grandchildren ages 6-10 always want to show their friends the car and they all have said they want to get a car like this when they are older.

Surpising Improvement

JRBoca, 12/22/2016
Reserve 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

My fourth Lincoln in the past 10 years and first impressions are very positive albeit limited miles on the car so far. Of the two MKX's and the MKZ hybrid I owned prior to this car, the new Continental is a winner. The fit and finish inside and out are of the level of a higher priced vehicle. I also own a 2015 SL 550 which I used as a benchmark. I've got the 2.7L which I find to be quick and smooth for it's size and a little noisy on takeoff. The updated Sync 3 system is solid compared to the previous ones I've owned. All still much better than what I've got in my MB. I've got the perfect position seats and they're pretty perfect. These seats make this car and a must if you're considering buying one. I got the standard radio which is disappointing for the overall price of the car. I'll switch out the speakers with better aftermarket as a workaround. I would have bought the Revel radio if they had one. After I log a few thousand more miles, I'll update this review. Here's my update on the car. Still love this car and its overall performance. My only issue today is the entry/exit mode where the steering wheel move up and away works sometimes and other times not and the dealer can't fix it. Just had an airbag recall that was easily fixed. The pick-up and delivery services works well and a nice feature. Gas mileage is excellent for a big powerful car. It still has the showroom look, feel and smell. I've done a couple of 4 hour plus trips and the comfort is the best I've experienced. One of my Mercedes friends and I had a trip and he was impressed. Updat - had the car a year and still impressed. My only issue is the in/out feature as is works sometimes and not others and the dealer can’t seem to fix it. This is more of a aggravation than anything else.

Great Car

Carlos, 10/18/2016
Black Label 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I just got the car from my dealer. First of all the Dealer experience was above the expected service. They delivered the car to me in a pristine conditions. Fit and Finish is great, the seats are out of this world, I had a Mercedes E350 and the comfort and ambience this Continental has is way above the Mercedes. The power of the engine and the way it is delivered to the 4 wheels. It's feel in a category above. The only thing I would criticize is the fuel economy, if you get to happy with the engine revs then the fuel economy goes down...sad because the engine is a silky machinery that calls to be pressed.

Simply Awesome!!!

Scott G, 10/21/2016
Black Label 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

What a car! Was leaning towards a BMW 7 series and drove the Lincoln hands down a way better car for way less money.

Had BMW 7 and Lexus LS

Mark, 03/15/2017
Reserve 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

After owning a BMW & and several Lexus LS's I found those care to be very good, however I thought for the dollars spent the Lincoln was a great value for the money. I am very bid on how a car rides. And have found the Lincoln to ride very well, and the interior very quiet. Bluetooth, and technology works great, and the electric doors are very nice. Definitely best seating in any car I have owned, I have the upgraded seating. Not like a foreign car, this car is very American. I am not a bid fan of the sporty rides, and since I do not need a car that does 150 MPH, this is a pure luxury car and a better value for the money.

Luxury without Wealth

Teach, 01/23/2017
Reserve 4dr Sedan AWD (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

The Continental rides beautifully. It handles the road, pot holes, like a Trojan horse. It's cool, calm, heavy, and stately. I have driven the Mercedes S class and have found this car to exhibit the same feel, and road manners as its Bavarian neighbor with out the big excessive money down, or astronomically high monthly note. Compared to my 2013 MKZ this car drinks gas, but for the power, acceleration and poise which it exudes, I smile everytime I stand next to it. This car is a Beast, and I mean that in a great way. From some angles it looks like a Bentley. I am more than pleased, I am humbled to have such an awesome ride. The interior space is a dream come true. My family fits without the adjustment of the front seats. It offers the best seat in the house while on the road.

Not up to date!

Eduard Emil, 11/25/2016
Reserve 4dr Sedan AWD (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I think I purchased the first one sold in wisconsin. It's a beautiful smooth car with two problems. Using the push button shifter, its very easy to mistakenly push the Reverse button instead of the Park button. That could cause a serious accident if you don't double check which button you pushed before taking your foot off the break. Second annoyance is that the GPS is out of date because it doesn't accept addresses that my 3 year old Tom Tom in my truck or my PC's Mapquest does. It also displays out of date speed limits i.e., I-43 in Wisconsin is 70 mph, the GPS says its the old 65 mpg changed two years ago. I noticed this on other roads too, completely not up to date. I am sure they figured on this for a future upgrade for $400 in a year or so as they did with my old 2010 MKS. I complained about this to the dealer and they basically told me "what you got you got," I called the Lincoln company and they sent me to a website where I could have spent the next two years of my limited life trying to figure it out. I think for $74,000 they should take care of it!

The White Knight

Nicholas Vigilante, 07/24/2017
Select 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

My Continental is a 2017 Select A200 with White Tricoat with the Cappuccino Leather/Espresso Wood interior, which prompted my wife to name it, "The White Knight." I wanted a nice looking, comfortable, and well equipped luxury car. This car has exceeded my expectations, especially the quality of the materials inside the car. It is fast enough (but not meant to be a racer with a 3.7 Litre engine), it is incredibly quiet and comfortable, it rides so soft on any road surface, and it is solid with no creeks and rattles. The Continental is also very safe, top rated by IIHS with a safety plus rating - that was an important factor. I also like the free concierge maintenance pick-up and return plan that comes with the Lincoln, along with a free Lincoln loaner car while my car is worked on. The Lincoln Dealership treated me extremely well during the purchase process. They have a Lincoln Brand Champion Representative who gave me "five star" service acquainting me to the car, all its many features, and maintenance and service plans.

I love the loaner car

Bob Sawyer, 10/14/2017
Black Label 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I was the first to buy my new Lincoln and watched for it over two years. First major problem was the doors would not close, they are electric and I had to drive to the dealer holding the door closed with my left hand. The car was constantly shaking and dealer could not find a problem finally after taking the engine apart it was decided that I needed a new engine. Yes a new engine, and a car with 24,000 miles. Get's better now my backup camera needs to be replaced. I am back in the loaner car..

51050