Used 2016 Lexus RX 350 Consumer Reviews

Used RX 350 for Sale
Select your model:
12345...25

Pros
Cons

Somewhat disappointed

J. Liu, 05/29/2016
4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 8A)

Like many of the loyal Lexus owners. This is my 3rd RX 350. This is the first time I've written any review on the RX 350. The previous were 2011 and 2015 version. They both were great. Although I did read all the negative comments, but, I still went for this 3rd RX 350, thinking, it can't be that bad. Well, after one week in this vehicle, I can now see and feel all the complaints in the previous reviews. Pros: Sportier Look, mean looking Grill, Excellent Interior Finish, I just had it one week, could not comment on the Reliability. But, the same Lexus quality, is apparent in this vehicle. Great Warranty and Service of the Lexus dealership. Cons: 1. Navagation and Audio control function logics SUCKS ! ITS COMPLICATED AND DIFFICULT, and operation very illogical. Don't even think about making changes, delete, during driving. The difficulty in operating the navigation system, makes it very hazardous during driving. I'd give this a 1 star .... Very poor. What happened here ? Why didn't the Lexus design engineers adopt to the simple, mature, and logical operation commands of the current GPS in the market place ? This is a major disappointment. Although I love the 12" display. But, the operation and controls simply way too cumbersome and poorly designed. 2. Audio control, complicated and difficult to set and navigate during driving. And not responsive at all. there seemingly a few seconds delay, previous Lexus version, the response was swift and quick. Very poor design. It makes the operation very frustrating, and takes the enjoyment out of music. 3. The little mouse pointer.....You have to be EXACTLY AND PRECISELY dead-on, and the pointer is so so so so sensitive, very difficult to land exactly on the target. Very bad design. Very distracting, especially during driving. Don't attempt to operate this during driving, very hazardous. My other car is a BMW, the control is so much easier and accurate to operate. Lexus, Lexus, what's gotten into you ! ? 4. The doors are very heavy to open and close, comparing to previous models. 5. The gear shifting in all my previous RX 350 are smooth as silk. Although there were noise, it was more like the exhaust noise. But, in the 2016 RX 350, the noise. Especially during start-up acceleration , the humming sound from the engine seems louder, but, the worst part, is the gear shift are a bit rough, and no longer smooth. The 2015 RX350 and my BMW 5 series, the gear shifts very quiet, and so smooth, its hardly noticeable. But, this 2016 RX 350, it is very noticeable. Well, after all this is said, this is still a good SUV to have. I'm just a bit disappointed and a bit anxious to finish the current lease of my RX 350, and move on to the next one. Hopefully a much better car in the future.

love it but the grill has to go!

Bman, 03/13/2016
4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 8A)

This is my second RX as I loved my 2008. O love 90% of the 2016, it's the front grill that will take me some time to get used too. it doesn't fit with the rest of the car, it looks like they stuck it on and made this huge ugly grill. Other than that I love the reat f the car, The sides and the rear look awesome. the rise is smooth and comfortable. The only other drawback is the radio controls, seems to be too complicated for doing easy functions. Hopefully Lexus will weed out these small issues and and have the best car on the market as they are close.

Unfair knock on the looks

C Evertsz, 02/15/2016
4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 8A)

We bought our AWD version in silver and the grill integrates well it that color. We came from an 07 MDX, a car also criticize for its looks. Eventually it grew on everyone. In time, the RX's styling will be considered right in line with what everyone else offers. About the rest of the car,,, It exceeds our expectations. The ride quality is unbelievably smooth, so much more than the Mercedes we were considering. And acceleration is more than adequate unless you like drag-racing at every light. We are very happy with the value of RX compared to the Benz and 2016 MDX when you get most of the bells and whistles. Even though the gas mileage was far lower (18mpg) than advertised no regrets about our purchase.

My 5th RX350

SLL, 06/09/2016
4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 8A)

What a big disappointment in the new RX 305. I loved all of my other cars and did not have a major complaint other than the navigation system. The 2016 is even worse. I just don't get it at all.......very difficult to use, the whole radio/navigation is so delicate to the touch and difficult to figure out. I also do not like the loud sound of the air conditioning system. Another issue I have is when I start the car it makes a loud knocking sound in the engine, which I am told is "normal" for this model. One very big problem we have is the odor in the car. It does not have that new car smell that we all love but rather a musty mildew smell......the dealership advised us to use Frebreeze!! So all in all I wish I could get out of this lease and am so unhappy that is is nothing like my previous 4 Rxs that I loved.

DRONING NOISE AND POOR RESPONSE OF ACCELERATOR

FLOYD, 08/09/2016
4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 8A)

Test drive for a droning,humming noise around 1500 rpm,dealer does not want to say there is a problem but I test drove with the tech and shop foreman they eluded to the noise is from a possible redesign of exhaust system.There may not be a safety issue but it is sure a let down for being a Lexus.We test drove one on the lot and did not notice the noise we then went into the showroom to make the deal and my wife saw this one on the show room floor.It was late at night and we did not drive it until we headed home if we had driven it we would have not purchased it.The accelerator is not responsive.If you coast and then press on accelerator you have to keep pushing then it kicks down in a lower gear.This car had a 50k sticker price.Cant believe it is a Lexus.Give me back my sedan.

12345...25