Used 2016 Lexus RX 350 Consumer Reviews

Used RX 350 for Sale
Select your model:
12345...25

Pros
Cons

In reference to another review dated 1/26/2016

Minette, 02/13/2016
4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 8A)

I at this moment have my new Lexus RX 350 in the shop. I have the same complaints as the review dated: 1/26/2016: My biggest disappointment comes with the engine, it is not smooth and quiet. I also think it accelerates slowly and shifts awkwardly. Update: 3/17/17 It seems Lexus finally found a solution to hestitation and shifting awkwardly. They reprogrammed the software as per (as noted on their work order) L-SB-0109-17. I wanted to note this as I believe others are having this same issue, and after bringing it in approximately 5 times, it has finally been solved Update: Actually, it is still having a hesitation problem at this time.

Disappointed!

Bobby, 06/21/2016
4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 8A)

Poor infotainment system, poor acceleration, very poor steering and you cannot lock the doors and disable the alarm together, thereby making it impossible to leave my dog in the car without fear of theft. Nice luxury , though the seats are a little hard.

Vibration Uncharacteristic for Lexus

Ed LoTurco, 11/03/2016
4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 8A)

Major problem with vibration at idle, but much worse when accelerating at any speed. refuse to take this $52,000 vehicle on long trips. It has become an around town car and very disturbing that the Dealer has no idea why it's vibrating after experiencing and agreeing it is not normal. Lexus has also been called and they do have other vehicle with the same problem, but to remedy or how to fix it. Pathetic to say the least as our family has had seven Lexus vehicles and now that we have retired we downsized to one vehicle. The RX350. Not pleased with Lexus or our Dealer with a car just over 5,000. Oh, forgot to make note that the dealer has known about this problem when I brought this to their attention at 994 miles on the Vehicle. Beware RX350 owners as you may not even realize you have a problem. We purchased our RX350 in January 2016 and the vibration has, in my mind, is caused by a faulty engine or transmission.

I still don't LOVE it

Holly, 01/26/2016
4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 8A)

After 11 years with a Lexus GX470 that up until the day I sold it still ran as smooth and quiet as I expected from the Lexus brand, I am very disappointed in the 2016 RX350. At only 500 miles, I took the car in as I was concerned about the following: A rattle under the car when the doors were being shut (they did fix that), a "clunk" on the right side when shifting from Reverse to Drive (mainly), I was told that is in all 2016 models. Really, a "clunking" noise is standard. I also don't find the seats as comfortable as the 2015 model, which I used as a loaner car for two days. My biggest disappointment comes with the engine, it is not smooth and quiet. I also think it accelerates slowly and shifts awkwardly. I also get a vibration on the driver's side through the pedals, floor, seat and steering wheel that is driving me mad. The dealership said the car is standard, nothing they can do. I certainly do not recall these things from a test drive, but how much can you really learn from a 15 minute test drive. I haven't share my complaints with Lexus, they "thanked me for my feedback." Unfortunately I am probably stuck with this car for a year or so, so I do not lose too much money on the deal. I would not recommend this model to anyone without a very intense test drive.

WIRELESS THROTTLE NIGHTMARE

h3boss@yahoo.com, 09/20/2016
4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 8A)

The throttle on the RX 350 has a .O6 sec documented delay. A dealer diagnostic tech hooked up a data collection program to the vehicle and was able to graph the "Dead point delay". The case was sent to the factory techs twice and was acknowledged as "Normal operational standards". This effectively removes the drive active control of the throttle. I have never driven a car that does not respond to every impulse I have while I operate a car. Wireless deadbanding is "Not" the hallmark of safety. You can't have any human controlled machine set to not respond to instantanious correction. The car is never allowed to decide when it wants to add or subtract power. The driver is suppose to be in charge. This is grossly unsafe.

12345...25