Used 2003 Lexus LS 430 Sedan Consumer Reviews - 113 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Lexus LS 430 Sedan Consumer Reviews

Base 4.3L V8 5-speed Automatic - (113 reviews )

Amazing Ride
By Arthur Brandt

2003 Lexus LS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

I have owned dozens of luxury cars and this car greatly exceeds all.

This car makes me smile
By Jim Rich

2003 Lexus LS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

2018... I have had the LS for 15 years, the only repairs i have had are brake pads, timing belt( recommended at 85,000) and 1 battery. It runs like a beast on the highway, but rides smooth, car can cruise at 90 + MPH all day long. I originally purchased the car because of the room for the driver, I am 6-6 and this car fit better then all the luxury sedans on the market at the time. I am impressed with the comfort, reliability, no parts have been replaced. This may be the best car ever produced, I'am not joking . NOTE this is not a sports car, it is a luxury cruiser and it preforms well in that task.

Touring Treasure!
By Joan

2003 Lexus LS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

This car has engineering for comfort and safety and luxury without excess. For its original sticker price a fantastic value. I bought this as a clean used car with 44000 miles and it is at 68000 miles just like a brand new car. I upgraded the way it handles continuous curve driving, by my choice of tire. Really a dream car to own.

2003 LS430---$ for $---Best Luxury Car EVER Made
By Douglas W.

2003 Lexus LS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

Recently purchase a one owner 2003 LS430.....This was a 1 owner CEO's car that was garage kept..... After 6 months, I am floored by the quality and performance of this vehicle. This car has 238,000 original miles and has had only routine maintanance. I am having the extensive 90K service which will include more than just the timing belt and water pump..(will do tensioner, seals, bearings, etc while already there).. Getting done next week (Using only OEM materials--Aisin, etc...)..There are no signs of leaking, its strictly preventative, and Lets me know I'm good for another 100K or so!!.. I challenge you to find another luxury car that will go 238K on original TB/WP and hasn't needed any repair other than routine maintenance (brakes, fluids, etc) ... Feels like a plane at takeoff , only there is no noise, and the trans is still whisper quiet and shifts are undetectable. Mark Levinson sound system compliments the car perfectly...(Not meant for deep pounding base songs, but rather excels with classical, smooth jazz, as well as rock and most pop)..I replaced the foam surround on the rear deck subwoofer , other than that, there is really no wear or broken items that would keep you from thinking your not in a much more newer car. Speaks Volumes for the fit , finish, and quality of the materials used during the build... Navigation CD was $10 on ebay and was upgraded in a minute... Still havent mastered the voice commands available to me, but its a learning curve for a middle aged man. I'll be going through the suspension next as I'm sure the wearable rubber parts could use replacement by now (front end bushings and the like). Again, keep in mind, everything is all original with 238K miles and 14 years of time on them!!..I look forward to finding 2005 or 2006 to add to my garage (as I'd like to have an LS with the 6 speed transmission as well).......UPDATE...Feb 2018.....Still performing!! Still enjoying!!

BEST car I ever owned as long as regular maintance
By Bronski Beat

2003 Lexus LS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

Had many cars over last 30 years. This is by far most comfortable and reliable car. There was only 1 owner, older lady before me and she religiously took the car to Lexus for oil changes, timing belt and other regular maint. scheduled. It drives like on the cloud and it is super quiet on a good road. It flies over the potholes and uneven roads. Over last 2 years the car continues to drive like new, and keep in mind this is 2003 (almost 14 years old) Lots of new cars still don't have half of the technology what this car has. If you buy one make sure you see Carfax, so you know how it was maintained otherwise it might cost you a lot to fix stuff like benz or bmw. I will keep on driving till wheels fell off or this car might just out drive me. The engine in this cat is well know to go up to million miles plus if well taken care of. So the tranny and the rest. Love it. And milage is 18 city and 23 to 25 hwy. For V8 it is amazing!!! 320 torque and around 300 HP 0-60 6.5 sec Get one while you can, coz not many are around in good shape. After all 2001 was the 1st production year.