Used 2005 Lexus ES 330 Consumer Reviews - 160 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Lexus ES 330

Base 3.3L V6 5-speed Automatic - (160 reviews )

First new car in 12 years and I love it!
By Dianne

2005 Lexus ES 330 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I knew I wanted an upscale car with lots of luxury and comfort, I drove several in this class but this was the one - I knew as soon as I sat in it. The seats are luxurious, it is quiet, it accelerates well - in short, it's great.

Where to start - heated and cooled seats, remote system that opens everything so the car is cooling as you approach (a nice feature in Florida) Dual air controls - no more fighting with my husband, seat memory, 6 cd player, automatic rear sunshade.

I really would have loved the telescoping steering wheel not just the tilt.

As Advertised
By Dino Necci

2005 Lexus ES 330 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

My wife has been after this car for quite a while. It is a joy to drive everything works as intended, the only thing she complains of is the interior color. White on tan interior, black would have been better and the transmission the way it shifts but on checking the car it looks like this car is drive by wire, which means there is no cable connected to gas peddle. It's electric, that might be why the tranny shifts the way it does. The hot and cold seats are great, easy to clean, good fit and finish.

Hot and cold seats, radio, programmable front seats.

Offer black interior with white, little more style would help.

Lexus ES330, a solid, comfortable car
By ron

2005 Lexus ES 330 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This is a first-rate car, with wonderful interior accommodations and design, with more than adequate performance, and with an exterior design that will stand up in time. My only complaint is that a musty odor comes out of the dashboard vents.

comfort, interior design, quality of ride

perhaps more horsepower

Great Car!
By Preston

2005 Lexus ES 330 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

We compared the Toyota Avalon, Camry and the ES330 and we decided on the 330 due to interior component quality and design. We live in the desert with summer temperatures as high as 115 and we noted that the Toyotas didn't have an adequate air conditioner. It was cold but it was as if the blower was on 1/2. There is an obvious difference between the price of the Camry and the Lexus, but we feel the Lexus is twice the car for about 9K more as equipped. We are ecstatic about the ES330 and we are amazed at the quality each time we drive it. As compared with the Avalon, the Lexus feels like more quality and less nonsense without the doors over the stereo and Nav.

Nav system and quality interior design including real wood.

Possibly including chrome wheels instead of the stock alloys.

The BEST CAR
By j

2005 Lexus ES 330 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

The interior is so elegant, so simple, so clean. The looks are very sharp and it runs very well. Transmission and engine are spectacular.

interior, outside looks, 6 disc cd player, steering wheel