Used 2002 Lexus ES 300 Sedan Consumer Reviews - 88 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Lexus ES 300 Sedan Consumer Reviews

Base 3.0L V6 5-speed Automatic - (88 reviews )

2002 lexus es300
By Brandi

2002 Lexus ES 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

constant suspension problems but overall been a great car and still going smoothly with over 200 thousand miles! suggest only oem parts, they can be a little pricey but worth the money if you don't want to replace it again shortly down the road

Quality Car!!
By Jason

2002 Lexus ES 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this car for my daughter. She loves it. Safe car with excellent quality. We have previously owned another Lexus 300 prior to this one. We where so impressed with the quality and low maintenance. We will be Lexus owners for life.

I'm never letting go!
By tay

2002 Lexus ES 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I'm writing this review as the THIRD generation owner of my 2002 silver lexus ES300. I'm currently shopping for an SUV, but I'm NOT letting go of my lexus. She's the best. I thought I'd contribute my experience while I'm searching other forums (currently looking at Jeep Grand Cherokee vs Mercedes GLK 350). As I mentioned, this car has been through three family members, and we bought it used! I STILL get compliments on how stylish, luxurious, and comfortable my car is. As I write we have NEVER had a major issue. The only time I have had it in the shop (besides regular maintenance and replacement of time belt, 200,000 strong!) was when my ignition locked up, because I over-parked and turned the wheel too far.. it was no big deal, but the AAA person in my area wasn't skilled in unlocking, so they just had to take off dash and reset, it's apparently a common problem, but it only happened once and I'm confident that it was my over-park that caused it. I'm keeping my car and won't let go until the wheels fall off! If you're shopping for a comfortable, reliable, yet stylish/flashy car, this is the one. I will always praise my lexus experience! If it weren't for these crazy new body styles I would 100% be upgrading to a newer lexus. I will wait it out a few years for these fads to pass and buy again once they come back to their classic styles.

Love of my life!
By slovelandca

2002 Lexus ES 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car December 2002 and fell in love with it. Not one problem in the 15 years I have owned it. This has been my baby and looks new. The only reason I am selling it is I need something higher so that getting in and out is easier. On to a Lexus SUV?

Not enough tilt
By Steven Erler

2002 Lexus ES 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased a used 2002 last year with 53000 mile on it. It was a trade in at a local Mercedes Benz dealership here in S. Cal. Beautiful car, nice ride, great performance. However the driver seat is not made for people with long legs. The seat is short and the 6 way power seat does not allow the front of the seat to be raised enough for leg support or to be comfortable. Sadly this is not the kind of thing you discover until you are on a road trip. My other car is a 94 E 320 Benz, which I actually prefer driving due to the size shape and angle of the seat. I have noticed this issue with other Japanese luxury cars as well.