Used 2011 Kia Sportage SUV Consumer Reviews

Used Sportage for Sale
Select your model:
12345...15

Pros
Cons

Went from a Forester XT to a Sportage SX AWD

mike_in_nepa, 07/11/2011

In the last 7 years, I had 2 different turbo AWD models ('05 Legacy GT and a '09 Forester XT Ltd w/ Nav). It might seem like a step down to go from a Subaru to a Kia, but it actually was a large upgrade for the most part. My Kia Sportage SX AWD is equipped with the Premium Package with Leather, and the Navigation package. My Sportage SX outshines the Forester in terms of comfort, audio, and performance. The seats are very comfortable for long trips, the driver's seat is both heated and cooled, the cabin is much quieter, etc. Visibility is an issue here - looks great, but there are plenty of blind spots. Far less body roll than my Subarus. My fuel economy ranges from 23.1 to 25.5.

never thought I'd drive a Kia

sx_dude, 03/28/2011

Bought a Sportage SX last week. Was looking for a small SUV with some punch, decent fuel economy and a cooled seat for summer days. Only thing I sould find was the Lincoln MKX but didn't want to spend 50K. SX model has 256 hp and 264 torque - it moooooves! Still on first tank of gas so not sure about fuel ratings yet. Several comments from people at work! Kia's qualty seems to have come around a lot lately. Traded my BMW 328xi and actually got better 0-60 acceleration, better gas mileage at almost half the cost! Stereo sounds great!

Sportage EX Update

daviel, 03/13/2011

I sent in a review at one week's ownership; I have 10,000 miles. I really cannot think of a single complaint-the Sportage is doing fine. I like the handling and the engine. I did not buy this car to be a rocket, but it is fine in traffic; gets off the line quick. Mileage is still good - I do not drive it for max mileage and it's still good. a very comfortable car. I am delighted I bought it - my favorite car!

First Impressions

happi81, 01/19/2011

I purchased the Sportage EX with the Leather/Navigation package which gives you all the toys and still came in under $30k. They present a great value when looking at price, features, and warranty but at the same time they look amazing...at least in my opinion. However, here are the cons for me. 1. Our volume button on the steering wheel broke within 2 weeks 2. Rear dimming lights are too dim. Cant really see anything except for headlights of other vehicles. 3. Almost impossible to navigate through back window.. too small 4. Seatbelt indicator is beyond annoying, beeps incessantly. 5. Seatbelt on the passenger side bangs against door when not in use. 6. Ride is very stiff and unforgiving

very nice so far, but...

jlg1875, 04/05/2011

Bought the LX 2WD on Saturday and though so far I like it, I have a few gripes. I traded in a 2010 Hyundai Santa Fe SE after only 9400 miles. It was a decent vehicle, but living in NJ just outside NYC with constant stop and go traffic, my MPGs were averaging around 20. I agree so far with other reviews, the Sportage's ride is very firm, and with a lot of local streets looking like the moon's surface, I found that out quickly. However, I'm used to it already as the Santa Fe was not the smoothest ride on its 18 inch rims (Sportage has 17 inch). Steering is also very light and will take some getting used to. Interior a little too plasticy, but I don't agree that rear visibility is all that bad.

12345...15