Used 2004 Kia Spectra Sedan Consumer Reviews

Used Spectra for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...19

Pros
Cons

Will stay with Kia

sargrebe, 07/25/2011
LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

We bought our first new car in 04. It is technically an 04 model, with an 05 body style. We loved this car so much that when my husband wanted a new one we bought an 08 manual for him. Great Gas mileage! Great starter car for a young family. The only cons are that the gas tank straps failed after 5 years, and I had to have those replaced, scary! And the interior after 8 years is failing, seat is falling apart.

PROBLEM FROM DAY 1

debrastark, 04/23/2012
LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased this vehicle from a Barrie Ontario dealer in Sept 2004..it had 18000 on it (I was told it was a rental car b4 I bought it)-in any case the check engine light was on from day one. The most disturbing is when you would go it would hesitate and not seem to "catch" a gear..no power-you would turn it off turn back on and it would seem to reset itself. I took it to Barrie Kia before we moved and they said "if the problem isnt occuring right then we cant see it"-I told them while it's still under 20,000 if I find its transmisison related later I wont be happy. In any case I now work at Honda (thank the lands) I have thus far replaced the alternator and battery. There are FIVE codes (all

I LIKE MY SPECTRA

KAYG, 12/03/2003
4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my new car for little over three months and I love driving it. Even with a four cl. On the open highway it handels good, I love the style. The only neg. thing I can say is the sterring when turned to sharp it screams.

Cannot Align?

tommywebb, 03/18/2008
LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

When I got the car it needed an alignment, should have made them fix it then. We loved the car. We paid cash for it. Well.........I took it to get new tires and an alignment in Oct. of '07 and the alignment tech told there is no camber adjustment on the KIA so he could not align the car. WHAT? He then proceeded to tell me I had to buy an aftermarket kit and it would cost $200 to install so my car could be aligned. I thought they were just fishing for money. So I called the dealer and sure enough I had to buy an aftermarket kit. WHAT?I bought a car you can't get aligned! KIA said it adjusts, the dealer and the tech says no. Now I am stuck with a car I can never get aligned. Never buy another!

Great first time car!

Rob Richter, 04/29/2009
LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my Spectra for 2 years now and not once have I been to the mechanic for any problems. I've put about 13,000 miles on it and so far so good. City mileage is about 22-23 not bad but could be a little better. Transmission is kinda rough shifting from third to fourth gear sometimes. If you can find a low mileage Spectra (the newer models are even better in my opinion) you will not be dissapointed!

12345...19