Used 2018 Kia Optima Sedan Consumer Reviews

List Price Range

Used Optima for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

Keeping up with Honda and Toyota

Viper122, 03/12/2018
SX Turbo 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Updated review 3/12/2021. I purchased this car new in February 2018. It has been virtually problem free. I had a recall done, so have the unlimited engine warranty. The only issues I've had are: 1. A/C went out on a long road trip. Stopped to eat. Came back on when we started up again and have never had the issue again. 2. Part of the underbody cover (the felt piece) got caught on something and ripped off. Let alot of noise in. $120 part; dealer installed for free. No other issues. Car has been fantastic, looks fantastic and the interior still smells new with that Napa leather. I have an SXL in Sangria color with the Ivory Napa leather. Classy, great looking car.

Great Value

Happy Driver, 01/19/2018
SX Turbo 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Traded in my 2012 Mercedes C-Class for the 2018 Optima SXL. We purchased the 2017 Sorento SXL last spring after considering many other luxury brand SUV's and have been truly impressed. Decided it was a safe bet to trade the C-Class for the Optima. We've been very happy with the Optima thus far. It's a very quiet, comfortable vehicle with more than enough space for a family of 4. (It's not as quiet on the freeway as my Mercedes, but I don't expect that at $20K less than the 2018 C-Class comparably equipped.) You get a lot for the money, especially the SXL trim package, made better by the great deal we got on the purchase price... $4000 below MSRP. Kia's brand reliability (see Consumer's Reports) combined with the value for the money should make other car brands like Honda and Toyota take notice.

Love Love Love my car!

Danell, 11/05/2018
S 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

This car is super spacious, great on gas, and has a great exterior look to it! I receive so many compliments on my car and I love taking it for a drive. Sometimes the USB port for ApplePlay acts a little funky but I usually unplug and plug my USB charger right back in and it works fine after that. My last car was a Kia Forte which I loved as well but the Optima was the perfect upgrade for me. Overall, Kia has treated me great :)

7000 miles engine blows

Wil, 02/27/2019
S 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I only had my 2018 Optima 2.4 engine for 7000 miles and then the engine needs replaced. Service said Kia having alot of trouble with that particular motor.

Yes, I bought a KIA...

Nick, 01/04/2019
EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I was interested in a new car, a sedan. Was looking for some luxury items like leather steering wheel and seats along with updated technology. Considered Mazda 6 but rear seat was too small and closed in for long trips. Considered Honda Accord but dealerships would not negotiate. When my wife asked if I would consider KIA or Hyundai, I scoffed. Decided to look at KIA one day after work and I found it very comparable to the Accord with better warranty. It had standard features I liked as well as great gas mileage. I could not work out a deal with local sellers and had to go out of state. They brought the car to me at no extra charge (3hrs). 10,000 miles in three months. Very comfortable and interior layout almost looks like a BMW or Audi. Roomy on the inside and great looking on the outside. Very satisfied!