MSRP Starting at
$29,490

Save as much as $2,562
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

Great car! except for...

Former Subaru driver, 10/25/2020
EX 4dr SUV (1.6L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6AM)

Bought this car about 2 months ago and love it! Except for the Very Loud backup alarm. I understand that this is required to warn pedestrians and cyclists as the engine in electric mode is very quiet. Warning sound is required to be between 56 and 75 dBA - mine measures at 73 which is LOUD. Leaving our garage early in the morning is excruciating; trying to back out quickly enough to be able to shift out of reverse and silence the alarm seems to counter the intent of safety. Would be nice to be able to turn it down to the 56 level. Otherwise, mileage is fantastic at an average so far of 89 mpg, with a good mix of highway/city driving. Zippy acceleration with no hesitation. Comfortable interior (not plush on the middle of the road model) nice features and easy to navigate touch screen and controls. Except for the back up warning system, very glad we bought this car!

We Loved The Kia Niro PHEV Until...

nsoltz, 03/09/2021
EX Premium 4dr SUV (1.6L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6AM)

Until we actually needed the dealer network. 2018 Niro PHEV purchased 8/2018. Excellent range and a great car for zipping around town. Oil change in 7/2020. Then in 8/2020 Check Engine light. Took to another dealer who said first dealer over-filled crankcase so I had to pay for yet another oil change. And a week to get part. Feb 2021 check engine light again. Took to a third dealer. Said they could not diagnose because Kia computer system was down and all diagnosis is via link to Kia server. That was over a week. Then they decided to replace a sensor but were also told by Kia to change the oil. So this would be 3 oil changes in several months of limited covid-time driving. The kicker. Dealer said "We'll change the sensor and see if that fixes it. Otherwise we go from there." Ordered sensor which took a week and a half. THen dealer calls and says they ordered the wrong part and would overnight new part. That took 3 days (perhaps he meant overnight on Mars). Starting to install sensor as I write and then will let me know if that fixes it. Since car has been out of service over 3 weeks, eligible under NJ Lemon Law but I will sell it as soon as it comes back from shop. Cute little car while it works. But my wife and I now have no trust in the brand and no trust in the dealer network. I think this is a brand to avoid.

EV, the way of the future!

Sherman, 01/05/2021
LXS 4dr SUV (1.6L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6AM)

Great car. Great warranty. Computer controlled propulsion. Poorly written manual.

A SUBCOMPACT STATION WAGON

Alli, 04/24/2021
EX 4dr SUV (1.6L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6AM)

REMOVE SUV FROM THE DESCRIPTION! IT'S A SUBCOMPACT WAGON & NOT A CROSSOVER OF ANY SORT. RUN AWAY if you live outside of a city! Look at the specs- it is the same as a Toyota Corolla wagon 172″ L x 66″ W x 55″ H Hate this car b/c it is LOWER TO GROUND than my spouse's Ford Fusion Energi. Just going down an unpaved country driveway has been a HUGE issue. We have cracked all 4 cheap plastic wheel covers too. You CAN'T fit 5 adults or 5 large male teens. If you put 2 car seats in back then middle space is useless. Yes you can get good gas mileage but my spouse's car is BIGGER overall and gets similar mileage. The only time this car has been truly useful is for trips to Costco.

1500 miles on the first tank

MW, 05/25/2021
LXS 4dr SUV (1.6L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6AM)

We enjoy all aspects of this car so far. Fun to drive. Regenerative braking is a marvelous feature that should be present in every car. Spent more time in line for gas for the first fill up than in messing with the electric plug for a couple months. Leaving house with full battery every morning is liberating.