Used 2011 Kia Forte Sedan Consumer Reviews - 20 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Kia Forte Sedan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Forte model:

Will stay with KIA!!!
By Ernesto

2011 Kia Forte Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Im just a normal working guy! Got my wife a used 2010 TOYOTA COROLLA S - But we love and enjoy my 2011 KIA FORTE! Nice features and very economic! I used to have a 2006 Kia Spectra 5 - Never had an issue!

Grandson's car
By richard palmateer

2011 Kia Forte Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Bought this car for my grandson. He has become a very good mechanic. This car had 73000 miles when purchased and needed shocks and front brakes, which we did ourselves. Overall I was impressed with this car.

UPDATE: CAR WAS TOTALED IN APRIL 2017 - FOLDED UP LIKE A TIN CAN! GRANDSON WAS NOT INJURED, AIR BAG WORKED BUT SEAT BELT BROKE.
To be fair, the crumple zones were very effective. Crumple zones are designed to take a lot of the impact. This accident was a 45 MPH impact and all he got were burns from the air bag, so I would rate safety at a 5 star.

Gas Saver!
By Desiree Machado

2011 Kia Forte Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

This was my 1st car that i purchased on my own 2 1/2 years ago and i can honestly say it was well money spent. I love my car so much it is very reliable and i can't stress it enough on how much gas it saves! Inside is very comfortable, easy to steer, entertainment is great, speakers are loud, Bluetooth workes perfect and seat adjustment is easy and accurate. This makes a great 1st car, unfortunately i have to give my up for something bigger because the back is a little to small for my babies carseat. Not a family car at all. But thats honestly the only Con about the forte.

Low Priced Car--Great Value, great MPG
By rogern1967

2011 Kia Forte Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I have logged 34k miles with no reliability issues whatsoever.
I am nearly 6ft tall, 220lbs, and feel very comfortable in this smallish car.
I find it notably more spacious in the footwell than both the Focus and Mazda3 I recently rented on biz trips.

I am very partial to manual transmissions, and chose this car for that reason.
Clutch action is very predictable, and gear changes are positive.
Though this car is not exactly fast, the transmission adds great fun to driving, and I recommend a manual for all people who enjoy driving as I do.

I average about 33mpg in mixed driving, 37+ on sustained freeway trips.

I like exterior styling, shoulder and knee/leg room, good clutch/manual transmission, Bluetooth enabled audio, good visibility, comfortable seat. I do my own service work, and I have found the engine oil filter and air filter very easy to access. Brakes are also easily inspected.

The upholstery is not very stain resistant, nor is the carpeting (floor covering actually) of high quality. This is a base model car, and I mostly expected this. Lastly, engine is a tad noisy (valve tappets) when cold, but that goes away when warmed up.

I absolutely LOVE this car!
By ch3ri72

2011 Kia Forte Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

My husband I just bought this car a week ago and it has been the best decision we have made in a long time.
The dealer we use has also helped with making it a great experience, but the car sold itself.
Even tho it was used, you would never know.
The handling, dependability, and overall car is great.

Our Favorite features would have to be the handling and ride of the car. The inside is great, but to be a used car it's "broken in" just right. The backseat is also roomy for our kids and us.

I love this car as it is. Im not sure on about how to get improvements.