MSRP Starting at

Save as much as $8,636
Select your model:
12345...8

Pros
Cons

Jeep - Customer Cares? Doubt It

Michelle, 06/03/2019
Unlimited Rubicon 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Don't expect any support when purchasing a 50k+ car. We ordered our perfect Jeep. Yes I said special ordered and waited and waited and finally it arrived. With a leaking Sky1 roof, pieces actually protruding thru the roof, paint damage down to bare metal, a Steering wheel that was already defective, and more scratches than I have seen on cars with 100k miles. So no way was I taking delivery of this. Dealer said no you should not we will order another one for you. Hmm - next day sorry we can't order a Mojito Sky1. Why - no idea system won't let us call Customer Cares. Jeep customer cares should be renamed a black hole of wasted time. They don't respond for two weeks - then tell us they ran out of Mojito paint really cause I can still order a regular Jeep in that color just not a Sky1? Oh we will check another 2 weeks and nothing to finally be told oh your dealer can order it and we are closing your complaint. Dealer still can't order it. Jeep cares well it might have only been available for an hour or maybe not at all we really don't know but nothing we can do. The biggest reason we ordered this was we wanted a Mojito Sky1 that was not available on any dealers lot near us. They send out a junk car and then tell us it is just our problem take it or leave it. Well we left it and now I am wondering if Jeep is even worth the effort.

Uncontrollable steering. Just overall dangerous.

Jason McKenzie , 10/03/2019
Unlimited Rubicon 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Just bought a 2019 JL and the steering is dangerous. I have never drove a vehicle with so much lane drift. You actually have to fight to keep it in your lane. Spoke with the salesman at the dealer and was told “it’s a Jeep thing” I call BS We are waiting on more answers from the service department. If I had it to do over I would have never bought it.

Unlimited Rubicon is a dream to drive on/off road

Leon, 03/25/2019
Unlimited Rubicon 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I have a 2019 four door Rubicon Jeep JL. Fully loaded with upgraded wheels and tires by the dealer. The car was $62k in total. After 6 or so weeks I have had no issues. I had the wheels rebalance by the dealer due to a vibration and one the reverse camera failed to display the image. Apart from that the car has put a smile on my face everyday. It’s a dream to drive around town, on the highway and in the mud. It performs in the snow of Vermont with ease. The interior is a major upgrade from previous model. UConnect is excellent, remote start right for your phone or your Apple Watch. The acceleration is unbelievable compared with my 2016 JK. My experience with the JL has been excellent and I couldn’t be happier with everything about the car.

Ad
Build Your Wrangler
Select Color:

Enjoyable and Different Sport 2dr 3.6L 8spd Auto

NE PA Jeep Driver, 01/11/2020
Sport 2dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

This is the 3rd Jeep in my immediate family. A renegade, compass and now 2 door, firecracker red automatic. And while the renegade turned out to be unreliable, I opted to trade it in for a wrangler. Assuming it would be a completely different animal. And I was right. Everything about a wrangler is different from any other automobile in the world. And this is a good thing. Luckily I have not reached a point in my life where being coddled while driving is necessary. My jeep offers just the right amount of creature comforts, like heated seats and steering wheel and a more then adequate entertainment system with Bluetooth connectivity. Adding to the fun of the vehicle has a plethora of choices in customization. Due to the years of mass popularity it has so many choices of products to make it your own that you just can't stop enjoying it. And while a jeep is very expensive in 2020 you can modify it for very little money. I'm running my jeep with the rear seat removed so it's feels like a trucklet of sorts when driving. This allows for a great amount of space for storage for day to day activity. And yes this is my daily driver, going 30 miles one way m-f for work thru rural hilly roads. Roads being what they are in NE PA, this vehicle is perfect. And when weather is poor, you feel more the confident getting where you need to go. That said, I was quite surprised finding how cheap alot of the plastic parts are. Plastics are commonly used on vehicles today, but as I discovered Jeep is sourcing some of its components that are so inferior, they literally crumple if you touch them just the wrong way. It's not everything, so only time will tell what else fails prematurely because of this. I have not experienced any other failure. The v6 while quite potent and smooth, is very noisy at idle. There are plenty of stories about bad rocker arms causing the same thing, but again, time will tell. Now to the steering which seems to be the hot topic since it's debut. I've done enough research to understand the history and causes of this suspension and steering and why it feels the way it feels. It definitely feels strange. Almost dangerous. I've not heard of accidents or deaths caused by this, it just feels so foreign when driving that it makes me wonder why FCA would choose to leave it that way. There are more than one type of truck or 4x4 in this world and none feel this way. That's because they were engineered not to. In my research of this issue, I decided to have my wheel alignment checked, which revealed all 4 wheels being out of spec with only 1800 miles on it. The tech was also very concerned about the the amount of play in they steering wheel. I didn't bother with trying to get the dealership or FCA to take responsibility for this because in my experience it would cause me to loose more of my precious time. I did however report to both, my findings and alignment data. I am used to the steering now and have not found it in any way a cause of alarm. Still it would not shock me to see a major recall from FCA any day now. MPG is better than I expected. The renegade got around 30mpg with a 4cyl Turbo and 6spd manual. The jeep gets me a consistent 23 on winter fuel. It will go up on summer fuel. So really surprised given the power and weight of the vehicle. I heard others with much worse numbers. But I think that is because of extreme mods and driving habits. All in all I'm very happy with it. If it remains reliable, it will be an excellent long term keeper.

Disappointing

tlk, 05/29/2019
Unlimited Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

My new 2018 Jeep JL is disappointing at best. As others have said; bad welds, dangerous steering (just Google it) and many other problems. One nice improvement is the 8 speed transmission! FCA does not care about making a quality vehicle because people keep buying them the way they are. I get it... love the Wranglers, but are problematic. Fiat has the highest warranty issues out of all vehicle mfg's. That should tell you something. They are overpriced, build with the cheapest non tested parts a mfg can buy and many dealers just give you lip service when you have a real problem. And here is the most irritating comment you hear from the hard core Jeepers... "It's just a Jeep thing" .....Really. How irresponsible. UPDATE: December 2019 - Steering stabilizer recall: Went to dealer and I had the recall paperwork from FCA which clearly stated the new stabilizer must be installed with the BIG arrow pointing forward. Advised the service writer of this and he said oh ya we do this all the time and disregarded me after that. So I waited and when it was time to pick it up, I looked and sure enough they installed the new stabilizer upside down with the BIG arrow that say "forward" pointing to the rear. Unbelievable! Many FCA dealers are arrogant, condescending and just don't care about the customer. I was also instructed by FCA help desk to replace the track bar and that it might help the steering issues so common to the JL. I did so but used an aftermarket solid bar rather than the FCA tubular one that flexes. Also had to make changes to change the caster from 5.1 to 7 which really helped the Jeep steer better, but not like it should. The problem that is still there is the slop in the steering gearbox which is Chinese made. Some are good and some are not, simple as that. Mine has play but I don't want to take a chance and get a replacement that is worse. And yes that has happened already to others.

12345...8