Used 2016 Jeep Renegade Consumer Reviews - 88 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Jeep Renegade Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Renegade model:

Electrical adventure
By Mr Disappointed

2016 Jeep Renegade 75th Anniversary 4dr SUV (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

We purchased a 2016 75th Anniversary Edition Jeep Renegade. We loved the look of this Jeep. It wasn't your traditional looking Jeep but we aren't into the normal traditional looking vehicles. This is definitely something different. NOW THE ISSUES: This Jeep has been an electrical nightmare! It's been back to the shop at least 7 times for a tire pressure sensor to have repaired. It runs about 50 miles after the repair then the service light for the sensor comes back on. The service people at Jeep can't seem to resolve the issue. The problem still exists without any resolution. It's also been in for repair because the brain in the radio went out. They fixed that issue to have to return it back to the shop a few weeks later because the 4×4 electrical switch failed. You could not switch into four wheel drive. Lastly the fan motor on the radiator went out and also fried the fan sensor. When I tell you that I miss my Kia' s that I had for over four years and that they have never been in the shop, you know it's serious, especially coming from a family of a Chrysler workers. PLEASE STOP WITH THE CHEAP MEXICO AND CHINESE PARTS! THAT IS THE ROOT OF THE PROBLEM, I'M SURE! ALONG WITH QUANTITY OVER QUALITY!

Flashy but lacking jeep
By Jolene

2016 Jeep Renegade Trailhawk 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

Although I upgraded for the Trailhawk edition, this jeep is everything you'd expect from a semi-rugged jeep - loud, slow, and basic. Although the technology that comes in the Renegades are great and fun with the beat by dre speakers and the detailing in the electronics - its hard to enjoy because the car rattles - even the dealerships I bought it from says the rattling and overall loudness of the car in idle and in motion is to be "expected when you own a jeep". If you do any traveling in which you need to get on and off the freeway or need to pass on the freeway - this is not your car. It is sluggish and sounds like it is going to explode when you are going over any hill/pass and need to go over 65mph. I have driven this car off-road and it handled good. Not as much clearance in dips and rocks... but it was enjoyable and fun off-roading. I have had this car 2 seasons in the snow and it handles really well. My biggest complaint is that in the 2 years I have owned this vehicle I have taken it in several times for service warnings... not routine maintenance. And every time it isn't just a day to find and fix the problem. Because I just have the basic warranty I will be trading this car in before my warranty is up. I do think it is important to point out that my husband is a jeep guy and we have owned several jeeps - this is the first jeep we have bought and been unsatisfied with. In addition this is the first jeep in which my husband can't change the oil at home because of all the undercarraige and scrape plate removal you have to take off to be able to just do the simple job. (FIAT changes?!)

Worse vehicle ever owned
By Shawn Heilbrun

2016 Jeep Renegade Trailhawk 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

If u want it for anything other then an expensive lawn decoration find something else nothing works when u need it to. If u get aruck in snow 4x4 light comes on and says need service computer goes haywire every other week and won't let ya shift out of park every light on dash comes on that everything needs serviced it is a complete waste of money and pile of scrap metal

Great Looking 2016 Jeep Renegade Trailhawk
By jeeprenegade2016

2016 Jeep Renegade Trailhawk 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

Great looking Jeep with flaws. Been in the shop 5 times under warranty. Wind noise and no leg room in the back. I like the look, style, interior and 4 wheel drive.

Great, Fun Jeep You Won't Regret Getting
By John S.

2016 Jeep Renegade Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

The Jeep renegade is often looked down upon by reviewers such as consumer reports for it's reliability and milage and practicality, but the reality when owning the car is a different expirience. Often times, consumer reports looks at things that are irrelevant in the general sense of owning a car. While studies they take show poor performance, the average user will find it to be very soothing and smooth. I have the manual transmission and it is absolutely wonderful. It shifts amazingly and is fun to drive. The interior is stylish and practical and the seats have nice bolsters and support. While you can get the Bose speaker sound system, the 6 speaker optional system has great sound quality. The software is simple and easy to use and quick. My overall verdict is that it is a great car for snow, comfort, and overall driving.