Used 2015 Jeep Renegade Consumer Reviews - 127 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Jeep Renegade Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Renegade model:

Dissapointment is now complete
By Phil

2015 Jeep Renegade Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

The first 20k miles was wonderful, then the shifting problems started. Sometimes subtle, somtimes harsh. I first noticed it when stopping at a light from highway speed I experienced a loud bang. I thought I had been rear ended. No, it was the transmission. Then there were hesitations and bangs, sometimes good sometimes not. The dealership said "performing as designed." they rode with me and witnessed the hesitation and rough transitions between gears. Again, "performing as designed," and " it's a Fiat, we can't re-engineer it." Finally the Jeep obliged me with a solid bang and kick in the rear with the service manager in the passenger seat. "Oh, you have a major problem." (No kidding, I've been telling you guys that for the last year and a half.) Replaced the valve body, ran smooth for a few weeks then the shifting quirks started again. Again the dealship said "performing as designed, its a Fiat and this is how Fiats run" they can't/won't fix it. Additional vehicle failures: Steering rack, engine and transmission mounts, fuel pump, radiator fan, front window seals came apart on both driver and passenger side, and then the usual ankle biters. The bottom line is that I cannot trust this car out of warranty, and even if I could, it rides as if being driven by a teen who hasn't quite figured the clutch out yet.

2015 Jeep renegade latitude
By John Mazurick

2015 Jeep Renegade Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

It’s a great ride

Fun2Drive
By Me2

2015 Jeep Renegade Sport 4dr SUV (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I believe you get what you pay for, I have the Sport 2015-6sp manual 1.4L Turbo. This Jeep is different, the styling is cool... for a small motor it has some spunk .. Just like any new vehicle, before making any decision lease/rent it for a week or so, making any vehicle financial decision shouldn't be decided in one day you need to make sure that is they type of vehicle you want. I would recommend that with ANY new vehicle, one week of a lease/rent is better that making a 6yr mistake..

2016 Jeep Renegade
By lori keiper

2015 Jeep Renegade Latitude 4dr SUV (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Don't buy this car unless you like a car to burn oil and break down on you. This car has been to the dealership 3 x already and now looks like it needs a new engine which will be the second I regret buying this lemon

Jeep must be in oil drilling business
By Gone To Buy More Oil

2015 Jeep Renegade Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

As you can easily find on a simple search on the internet: JEEP RENEGADES BURN EXCESSIVE AMOUNTS OF OIL My first experience was when the oil warning light came on. Had not been 5,000 since purchasing and was going to do an oil change when I checked the dipstick and there was barely a drop of oil on it. I thought the dealership did not add enough oil when they serviced car before sale. The second time my wife was telling me the Jeep was stalling every morning on her way to work which is a left hand turn on a downhill and then at intersections when she made a sharp turn. Being still under warranty, and only 3,000 miles since I personally changed the oil after the last incident, I took it to the dealership. They said it was stalling because I let the oil level get too low. HOW CAN JEEP KEEP IGNORING SUCH A SAFETY ISSUE. It isn't just a matter of extra expense of continuously adding oil, WHO WANTS TO STALL IN FRONT OF AN ONCOMING TRACTOR TRAILER. <span id="docs-internal-guid-ff522754-4303-9425-dadf-5c2e4fc8484e"><span style="font-size: 11pt; font-family: Calibri; background-color: transparent; font-variant-numeric: normal; font-variant-east-asian: normal; vertical-align: baseline;"> [non-permissible content removed].</span></span>