Used 2015 Jeep Renegade Consumer Reviews - 125 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Jeep Renegade Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Renegade model:

Fun2Drive
By Me2

2015 Jeep Renegade Sport 4dr SUV (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I believe you get what you pay for, I have the Sport 2015-6sp manual 1.4L Turbo. This Jeep is different, the styling is cool... for a small motor it has some spunk .. Just like any new vehicle, before making any decision lease/rent it for a week or so, making any vehicle financial decision shouldn't be decided in one day you need to make sure that is they type of vehicle you want. I would recommend that with ANY new vehicle, one week of a lease/rent is better that making a 6yr mistake..

2016 Jeep Renegade
By lori keiper

2015 Jeep Renegade Latitude 4dr SUV (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Don't buy this car unless you like a car to burn oil and break down on you. This car has been to the dealership 3 x already and now looks like it needs a new engine which will be the second I regret buying this lemon

Jeep must be in oil drilling business
By Gone To Buy More Oil

2015 Jeep Renegade Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

As you can easily find on a simple search on the internet: JEEP RENEGADES BURN EXCESSIVE AMOUNTS OF OIL My first experience was when the oil warning light came on. Had not been 5,000 since purchasing and was going to do an oil change when I checked the dipstick and there was barely a drop of oil on it. I thought the dealership did not add enough oil when they serviced car before sale. The second time my wife was telling me the Jeep was stalling every morning on her way to work which is a left hand turn on a downhill and then at intersections when she made a sharp turn. Being still under warranty, and only 3,000 miles since I personally changed the oil after the last incident, I took it to the dealership. They said it was stalling because I let the oil level get too low. HOW CAN JEEP KEEP IGNORING SUCH A SAFETY ISSUE. It isn't just a matter of extra expense of continuously adding oil, WHO WANTS TO STALL IN FRONT OF AN ONCOMING TRACTOR TRAILER. <span id="docs-internal-guid-ff522754-4303-9425-dadf-5c2e4fc8484e"><span style="font-size: 11pt; font-family: Calibri; background-color: transparent; font-variant-numeric: normal; font-variant-east-asian: normal; vertical-align: baseline;"> [non-permissible content removed].</span></span>

My Renegade
By Jennifer

2015 Jeep Renegade Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

This car I great. I love driving it. It shifts a lot since it has a 9 speed trans but if you learn the feel it’s a great ride. I’m getting used to it’s gas usage and it shows how your driving correlates with how far you can go on the gas you have! Overall 9.5 out of 10!!!

I love it ,but...
By Myla

2015 Jeep Renegade Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

This little car, besides having spunky design that brought a smile every time I seen it on the road, surprised me in a few ways. A great headroom, me being 5'9"; it is fast on the highway and can surprise sportier bigger cars; maneuvers easy and grips the road great (my drifting skills met its match) with a purchase of better set of tires. Awesome in the snow! But!!! Things to watch for outnumber the things that are great about it thought. Each car is different regardless being from the same year and style. My little car scared the hell out of me when tried to bolt out of the control from waiting at the red light and letting go of the brake; it jumped forward like a little goat. This happened numerous times in the length of three years. The gears shift with an annoying jerking, takeoff is slow as a turtle when trying to enter the highway from the service road. This etchings can be scary for a younger or inexperienced driver. I had it towed twice due to the dead battery; they had no clue what was wrong with it. I found out later from other people with the same issue, that car has a problem with relation between USB chargers and computer; apparently if you use the USB chargers, it would reset the computer and will stop charging the battery, but prior to that it will malfunction to lock or unlock the car, and two days later battery would be dead. I did complain to the dealership, and to my dismay they brushed it off and told me to wait till my lease is over or call the Jeep headquarters and complain. I am a weekend mechanic and I am in my fifties, cars are somewhat my thing, so I decided to deal with it for a few months by not using USB ports; and the last time it happened I simply disconnected/reconnected the battery in order to reset the computer which worked fine. If you live in the state where winters are reaching below freezing point, do not get this car, takes forever to warm up, its sluggish .and due to poor insulation around the the radio/navigation box, it will cause your radio stations to go crazy, and navigation system will be unreliable.