Skip to main content

List Price Range

Used Liberty for Sale
Select your model:

2 out of 5 stars

Danger, Will Robinson! DANGER!

John Skiba, 03/17/2015
updated 03/23/2020
Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Bought the 2004 Liberty used in 2007 "ASIS" from our local Jeep dealer after my certified master mechanic did a full inspection and told us it seemed OK. Found out a year later that a "silent recall" was in effect at time of purchase, but I was not informed of this. A year after purchase, I was stranded 60 miles from home when the known-defective part failed. Towing and replacement of the $5 part cost me $1,200. Dealer denied any responsibility "If I had brought it in for any service, the repair (replacing the springs, including lifting the engine) would have been done for free. 2 years after that, while driving the interstate under 100% perfect driving conditions, with 3 retirement-age passengers, I suddenly found myself with no steering (wheel had no effect). The car rolled 3 times then flipped end-over-end, skidded to a halt on its roof. The police wrote it up as a no-fault unknown cause accident, verified by multiple witnesses. We got a recall notice 2 years later that explained that a suspension problem could cause sudden loss of steering. When we contacted Jeep, they said unless we still had the wreck we were S.O.L. The standard Jeep dealer and factory response was always "We don't care!" Comfort? How comfortable is hanging from your seatbelt unable to breathe while the car is resting upside down? Bottom line: The vehicle was great to drive, and its' safety features (rollbar, etc.) kept all 4 of us safe from serious injury during out roll/flip accident. But during my ownership the service division and corporate Jeep were so bad, and my cost for service was so high (thousands), for things that should have been covered, that 12 years later I am still warning everybody, "Do NOT buy a Jeep, and if you do, do NOT have it serviced at Faricy Boys dealership." P.S. - I'm STILL getting offers to extend my warranty on the vehicle.

2 out of 5 stars
4 out of 5 stars
5 out of 5 stars

5 out of 5 stars

boya

Elderado, 06/01/2004
Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

it great, it is very fun to drive and it has a nice comfort zone I would recommend this to any one who likes to have fun

4.88 out of 5 stars

My JEEP Liberty Sport

Micah, 05/17/2006
Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

My Jeep Liberty has been a great vehicle. The overall exterior design is very sleek I think. The interior is very comfortable. It handles great with six cylinders and 4X4. Its a very fun vehicle to drive on the highway or offroad!

4.13 out of 5 stars

Shifty Transmission '04 Liberty

Richard Pace, 09/30/2005
Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Transmission always thumped shifting from 1st to 2nd. At 29,000 transmission failed and had to be replaced. Dealer support was great. At 30,000 the brakes are making noises. Transmission is starting to thump from 1st to 2nd again.

2.25 out of 5 stars

Big disappointment

Rick, 05/26/2006
Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The rear hatch latch had to be repaired 3 separate time. Now the A/C compressor clutch has gone out after only 40,000 miles. After markets don't even carry the part because they said it should not have failed already. Jeep customer service has been no help in either case. I won't buy another DaimlerChrysler product based on how they treat their customers. Two wheel drive in the snow is terrible. The windows make an awful noise when all are down, it sounds like a helicopter inside the Jeep. The luggage rack makes a whistling sound when crossbars are on. Exterior is a poor design and interior does not have enough room.