Skip to main content

List Price Range

Used Compass for Sale
Select your model:
12345...11

We have a limited number of reviews for the 2012 Compass, so we've included reviews for other years of the Compass since its last redesign.

Pros
Cons
5 out of 5 stars

The Little 4x4 that Could

Jeepmakemehappy, 02/06/2016
2012 Jeep Compass Latitude 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I have owned my Jeep Compass for a little over 1 year. I purchased my 2012 Jeep Compass after driving my Buick Enclave down the wrong road and the hill was too steep to drive it out. Yes, large towing bill. I decided to buy a 4x4. I looked at most brands. Nissan, GMC/Chevy, Ford, you name it. I was looking for comfort (I drive a lot), best gas mileage possible (from a 4x4), and overall enjoyable to work in. A sales rep called me about a trade they just made on a 2012 jeep compass. So I took it for a test-drive, after 1-mile, I did not feel any tension in my lower back and I can spend all day in and out of this jeep. It handled great, the acceleration was sluggish from take-off, but with manual options, I have compensated. Other than take-off, passing gear works great. The real test game when I had an inspection of a property with a real steep muddy driveway. It had been raining for days and the driveway was a mud puddle. Here goes nothing and a possible 400+ tow bill if I bought the wrong car. I made it down, now I have to go back up. The truth is, I never slid uphill before, I put the shift in manual, keep in it low, stepped on the gas and went up that hill like an off-road racing champ (in my own eyes). The driveway curved twice so I slide around them and made it uphill, got out of the Jeep and did my celebration dance. I have since been up and down similar roads with ease. My jeep has auto-start, Bluetooth, satellite radio, upgraded sound system, heated cloth seats, standard plug-in, Freedom package II, and a flashlight. Please do not just go by the Edmonds.com review. It has been an enjoyable, reliable vehicle, that I hope to keep around.

Also Consider
7 Offers Near Ashburn, VA
Check out current offers on the Buick Envision
View Offers
Buick.com
*The Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price excludes destination freight charge, tax, title, license, dealer fees and optional equipment. Click here to see all Buick vehicles’ destination freight charges.

4.75 out of 5 stars

Just Purchased 2011 Compass and Lovin' it!!

ckeyes3, 05/31/2011
2011 Jeep Compass Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

The 2011 Compass is a great car for the price! I also purchased the excellent extended warrantly that covers everything for as long as I own the car. There is also a decent manufacturer warranty when you purchase brand new. My Compass is loaded with all sorts of cool features to include: Cruise, heated seats, mp3 port, Sirius Satellite Radio, Bose sound system, lighted cup holders, plug-in coverter, TPM system, sunroof, and fold down seats.

1.5 out of 5 stars

A total nightmare

joshregenold, 01/29/2013
2011 Jeep Compass Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

This Jeep Compass has been, without a doubt, the worst car I've ever owned. Major issues include: 1. A new transmission at 30k miles, all on the highway; paid for by Chrysler at least 2. Two new sets of struts within the first 30k miles 3. Brakes audibly squeak 100% of the time at 35k miles 4. Weather striping replaced at 20k miles, road and wind noise are both still unbearable 5. Both of the front doors are rattle traps 6. The stereo faceplate fell off at 10k miles These vehicles also drop like a rock in value, much moreso than others in this class.

Love My Compass!

polarbare49, 06/16/2012
2012 Jeep Compass Latitude 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

After doing 4 months of extensive research on various small SUVs, the Compass Lattitude 4x4 proved to be the best value for my dollar. Love the new 'baby Grand Cherokee' design. Decent gas mileage with surprisingly more power than I was lead to believe from reading the expert reviews. Handles like a car but still has the solid build of a Jeep SUV. All in all, IMHO, beats the Rav4,

4 out of 5 stars

Fun little car! Great little car for daily driver

NWDriver, 06/07/2017
updated 03/03/2020
2012 Jeep Compass Sport 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Love the stick model 4cyl. Goes when you need it. Like the hill assist, great turning radius too. About 27 mpg city & 32 Hwy. Not fancy but great for getting around, bought it new & just gave it my daughter that graduated form college. Serviced for electrical 1x, wires rubbing under dash were causing the dash panel to go out. Tough little car, ran over a deer @ 45 mph with little damage. 120k and going great.

12345...11