2018 Jeep Cherokee SUV Consumer Reviews - 16 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2018 Jeep Cherokee SUV Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cherokee model:

brad jeep
By brad

2018 Jeep Cherokee SUV Latitude 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

There not a hold lot to say it's a great SUV,I brought the base modal but still has some crazy stuff on it ,like de-ice wiper blades,never hear of since a thing.I brought it with the 3.2 v-6 because of towing.It a great suv and I really don't have nothing bad to say about it.We are over the first year of ownership and it been a great Suv and yes I look the looks it set it self away from all other SUV out there.The one thing I due not care for and wish they would due away with is the start/stop ,but if you want a new car it's something new it is something you have to put up with because I belive all car maker have it.Now back to towing my RV is over 2000# and tow it with easy.I going up to a little bigger camper in the summer so will see what it will with that.As for gas not bad for a SUV not bad high 30.6 and low was 21.3 that was pulling camper up some big hills.

Nice Jeep
By droadrunner

2018 Jeep Cherokee SUV Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (3.2L 6cyl 9A)

We live in one of the areas of the country that gets the most snow ,I put snow tires on for my wife in the winter and this is a great winter and summer car , we got a Limited with the V-6 and after owning this for a year we like it , we got a great deal ,it drives great ,and is good on gas .

Blotchy paint
By Unhappy buyer

2018 Jeep Cherokee SUV Latitude 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

Not happy with the fact my brand new car has had numerous blotchy discolorations that cannot be removed only by the dealer. They seem to appear more frequently in summer months when the sun beats on it. They appear in any location and almost seem like a discoloration that cannot be fixed only by the dealer/service rubbing compound on it. Very disappointed in this cars paint as I would never imagine a brand new car would have this kind of problem. Also noticed it on the same car as mine in the showroom! Got no where with the dealer on this. Will not recommend a Cherokee to anyone now.

Totally not worth the money
By Tj Bartel

2018 Jeep Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

Test drove a 14 when they first came out and didn’t purchase because I hated the way it shifted from first to second. Read that reliability had improved to average. I had a 2016 Hyundai Santa Fe with the 3.3l v6 and 6-speed auto. With 30k and almost 3 years of ownership it never had to visit the dealer and never hiccuped. The Jeep, it is the limited with the v6, it has the high altitude appearance package. It made it home and to the store and and I heard a noise from the rear of the car and rolled the window down and thought what in the world is that? Took it to Jeep the next day and they said you have a rock stuck in your brake and we will fix it for free. Excuse me? It’s not even 24 hours old and has 132 miles on it and you’re telling me you’re doing me a favor? Well, praise Jesus and thank you. Ok, I was having serious buyers remorse at this time. After 3,000 miles I went to change the oil and the oil pan and everything was wet like it was leaking oil. Call Jeep, omg no one has ever had this problem. We can get you in Monday of next week. Ok, I work next Monday but have the Monday after that off. Well, it does have an oil leak and it’s not safe to let it go that long. It’s ok for you to take a week to fit me in with a loaner car but when I can’t take a Monday off work to drive to the dealer to get a loaner car. Now I’m thinking, idk what’s worse!? This car, or the service from the dealer. The service advisor told me to keep an eye on the oil. And he would see me with a loaner car on Monday. I get there 7:50 on Monday morning and they have no idea that I have an appt, they have no loaner cars and will have to reschedule my appt. 🤯. Fine the guy calls me back the next day and said can I bring it in Thursday morning and they promise me a loaner. My husband took it in and they gave him a base model Cherokee and off he went. They call us and said it a common problem and even the guy on the phone has an 18 Cherokee and his timing chain cover was leaking also.... it a common problem. To fix it took a week, it’s an extensive repair. I am feeling uneasy about the dealer doing the repair of they have made so many mistakes and I go to another Jeep dealer. I was told once a dealer addresses a problem. I need to let them fix it. Doesn’t sound like Jeep dealers

My Brownstone Beauty
By NancyMcKinney

2018 Jeep Cherokee SUV Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (3.2L 6cyl 9A)

For a MRSP of over $43,000, the car should include a CD player. I didn't notice it did not have one until taking it home. Also, never buy the extended warrantee at the time of purchase, as a better offer will come from Chrysler/Mopar shortly. In fact, I have had multiple better offers than the one I purchased from the dealer. I sometimes feel what I describe as a slip in the transmission when backing out and then going forward. The dealer checked it out and could find no problem. Please read the extended service contract. You must have the required maintenance done at the proper dealer for warrantee to stand. Other than that, I love the luxury feel and safety features of the 2018 Jeep Cherokee Overland. I'm looking forward to driving my first SUV for many years.