2018 Jeep Cherokee SUV Consumer Reviews - 13 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2018 Jeep Cherokee SUV Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cherokee model:

Totally not worth the money
By Tj Bartel

2018 Jeep Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

Test drove a 14 when they first came out and didn’t purchase because I hated the way it shifted from first to second. Read that reliability had improved to average. I had a 2016 Hyundai Santa Fe with the 3.3l v6 and 6-speed auto. With 30k and almost 3 years of ownership it never had to visit the dealer and never hiccuped. The Jeep, it is the limited with the v6, it has the high altitude appearance package. It made it home and to the store and and I heard a noise from the rear of the car and rolled the window down and thought what in the world is that? Took it to Jeep the next day and they said you have a rock stuck in your brake and we will fix it for free. Excuse me? It’s not even 24 hours old and has 132 miles on it and you’re telling me you’re doing me a favor? Well, praise Jesus and thank you. Ok, I was having serious buyers remorse at this time. After 3,000 miles I went to change the oil and the oil pan and everything was wet like it was leaking oil. Call Jeep, omg no one has ever had this problem. We can get you in Monday of next week. Ok, I work next Monday but have the Monday after that off. Well, it does have an oil leak and it’s not safe to let it go that long. It’s ok for you to take a week to fit me in with a loaner car but when I can’t take a Monday off work to drive to the dealer to get a loaner car. Now I’m thinking, idk what’s worse!? This car, or the service from the dealer. The service advisor told me to keep an eye on the oil. And he would see me with a loaner car on Monday. I get there 7:50 on Monday morning and they have no idea that I have an appt, they have no loaner cars and will have to reschedule my appt. 🤯. Fine the guy calls me back the next day and said can I bring it in Thursday morning and they promise me a loaner. My husband took it in and they gave him a base model Cherokee and off he went. They call us and said it a common problem and even the guy on the phone has an 18 Cherokee and his timing chain cover was leaking also.... it a common problem. To fix it took a week, it’s an extensive repair. I am feeling uneasy about the dealer doing the repair of they have made so many mistakes and I go to another Jeep dealer. I was told once a dealer addresses a problem. I need to let them fix it. Doesn’t sound like Jeep dealers

My Brownstone Beauty
By NancyMcKinney

2018 Jeep Cherokee SUV Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (3.2L 6cyl 9A)

For a MRSP of over $43,000, the car should include a CD player. I didn't notice it did not have one until taking it home. Also, never buy the extended warrantee at the time of purchase, as a better offer will come from Chrysler/Mopar shortly. In fact, I have had multiple better offers than the one I purchased from the dealer. I sometimes feel what I describe as a slip in the transmission when backing out and then going forward. The dealer checked it out and could find no problem. Please read the extended service contract. You must have the required maintenance done at the proper dealer for warrantee to stand. Other than that, I love the luxury feel and safety features of the 2018 Jeep Cherokee Overland. I'm looking forward to driving my first SUV for many years.

Very happy with this jeep
By Jeff

2018 Jeep Cherokee SUV Latitude Plus 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

Have the V6 for towing. Very comfortable car, quiet and smooth ride on the highway. Get about 25 mpg on the highway going 75 mph, and 22 mpg around town or combined. So far no complaints. Shifts can be a little strange sometimes especially when starting up, but they smooth out after warming up.

Great value
By Frank

2018 Jeep Cherokee SUV Latitude Plus 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

2018 Jeep Cherokee is a reliable vehicle that offers great value. The headlights are bright and offer good viability at night, the suspension is solid and the ride comfortable. While many have issues with the way the front end looks, I for one love the until recently no other SUV looks like it.

Dipping my toes in luxury
By K. Hall

2018 Jeep Cherokee SUV Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (3.2L 6cyl 9A)

Seven months driving my Jeep Cherokee and I’m still loving it. This is the first time I’ve had leather with heated and ventilated seats, and I haven’t been disappointed by them. I especially love the heated seats and steering wheel coming on automatically when the temps are really low. I didn’t have a need for 3rd row seat, but I had to have a 6 cylinder engine after being underwhelmed by 4 cylinder cars in the past. Unfortunately, V6 engines are getting harder to find in midsize cars and crossovers. I’m not super impressed with the power of the V6 Cherokee’s engine climbing hills, so I can imagine the 4 must be sluggish. The controls for radio and heat/air need to be easier to operate while driving. There are buttons for controlling the temp but most of the controls are in the touchscreen which requires too much visual contact to fool with while driving. I would also recommend Jeep make the active drive setting default to off rather than on. Aside from those operational critiques, I love the fit and finish. The cabin is quiet and handling is great. It’s a fun car to drive.