Used 2015 INFINITI QX60 SUV Consumer Reviews - 18 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 INFINITI QX60 SUV Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific QX60 model:

It's a people-hauler, not a sports car
By Neal

2015 INFINITI QX60 SUV 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Bought it used at 20k miles, now more like 50k (several long roadies this year with the kids, typically I drive more like 12k/yr). I've read about peoples' issues with the screen, seats, etc., but have not experienced any of that. I did a lot of comparison shopping before buying. I looked at the MDX (smaller, less cargo, feels cheaper inside to me - and, I don't care about a "sporty" crossover), the Q7 (also smaller feeling to me - I'm 6'3", 3 bills, picture your favorite NFL center, was a little nicer inside but also more $, and I read a by lot of poor reliability reviews on the Audi, so it was out), and the BMW X5 (smaller, just generically didn't like the way it looked or felt, again for more $). In the end, the Infiniti was larger, smoother, more comfortable (my family of four has done 15 hours of roadie in it with our gear, and it was a breeze, very comfortable), well appointed (although I'm still figuring out the need to adjust the angle of the headlights, that seems a little bit overkill), gas mileage is decent (I tend towards ~19 in town/commuting, more like ~29-30 on the highway), and I do wish Nissan would get their tech act together, but that's not a show-stopper for me. So in the end it's a very competent people-hauler, feels good, looks good, plenty of room, and in this bracket of vehicle it was by comparison cheap. I would acknowledge that I haven't experienced any of the electrical or build problems you may see in other reviews, though - if I had, I might not be so happy.

I actually drive it
By Yomomu

2015 INFINITI QX60 SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I have read that others have issues with the seating. I've read that the CVT is an acquired taste. I've read that others get lousy fuel mileage. I've read the car is sluggish. Not sure of any of that. I think the seating is comfortable, maybe the head rests could tilt backwards a bit more. I have NO issues with the CVT. Unlike some of the newer cars with 8-9 gears, the CVT "shifts" (fake) very comfortably and it is very, very smooth. I get mid 20's gas mileage on regular fuel on the highway, better than my M and better than my Hyundai Santa Fe. I don't think the car is sluggish at all, I've had plenty of passing power and it is very responsive in Sport mode if that is what you are looking for. What I think this car does best is act like a relatively large SUV from a functional perspective yet performs well enough to be your daily driver without getting bored. Stereo is good, not as good as my M but decent enough for an SUV. Interior is really nice. It is an absolute joy in snow and ice, better than my old Mitsubishi Montero, and that's saying something. I really like the heated steering wheel - weird, I didn't even thing about that when I bought it. No issues with reliability at 20K miles, though that's not many miles, still no maintenance issues except scheduled. I've had several Infiniti's - none of them have had reliability issues. I don't really expect any in this vehicle. I've got one rattle in the passenger door that goes away when the car heats up. For a big car, very solid. Test drove MDX, Pilot, Highlander, Enclave. This car was the highest price but was on par with others on lease. Would have considered the Highlander if it had a little more panache. MDX nice but not as functional and new tranny was abrupt. Couldn't get used the not having something to lean my arm on in the Pilot and the radio kept going in and out on the test drive. No way on the Enclave - its a minivan and a drone to drive though the interior is nice. I say buy it, you won't regret it. Both my wife and I enjoy driving the Q, my wife maybe a little more than even me.

Great people hauler . . .grandPa
By JOBA HAUL

2015 INFINITI QX60 SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I traded a 08 M35x for this because I needed something with more cargo space but not necessarily a reduction on pony power. Overall it is a good hauler and an upgrade for Boston roads but the CVT is an acquired taste. I am still wondering if I made the right choice with this rig, but other than a refined transmission and a few more horses underhood perhaps, I'd be happy to do it all over again..

For all with a new infiniti qx60, I say JUST WAIT!
By NH MOM

2015 INFINITI QX60 SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I love my Infiniti. What I do not love is the CVT transmission. I bought the car (LOADED by the way) in April 2015. We have certainly had our issues along the way, but BY FAR, the biggest issue is the CVT transmission. It started after we had a transfer case FAILURE, but I won't go into the story. My car started to have a vibration around 30/40 MPH when trying to stay at a constant speed. If you do a lot of local driving like I do, you are in this constant speed mode a lot. The dealership says they cannot 'replicate' the problem. It gets worse, and since I drive a lot, I am in the dealer about once a month for an oil change. EVERY MONTH I complain. Every month, they cannot replicate it. The last time in, I was set to leave it for life. They got the service manager and he drove it with me in the car. He told me that he would contact their area rep and he would come sometime later in the month (August) and we would all go out for a drive, but that his opinion is the 'definitive' opinion. In other words, he would come out and tell me they cannot replicate it. So August has come and gone. My husband called the service manager three times and has not had the courtesy of a return call. So we have been doing research. This CVT engine has been a real problem for Nissan. There is a class action suit for the earlier version CVT . I think they may have changed some part of the CVT, but I am now deathly afraid to put my children in this car. Did I mention I have 65K miles...yes, I drive a lot and we travel. There is a rumor the new 2018 will have a different transmission. I have been reading online how Nissan North America is not at all helpful. As I said, love the car, but I cannot safely live with this transmission. If I hear 'replicate' one more time, I will scream. They use it for everything. I had a noise in the fan area for ac/heat. Can't replicate. MY HUSBAND took it in THE NEXT WEEK, and all of a sudden, there was a new something needed. My service advisor told me that Nissan doesn't care about customers, they just want to make a profit. How about that?

Infinite a GREAT surprise and hidden gem.
By STJHouston

2015 INFINITI QX60 SUV 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

For the past 15 years, I've been in the German Luxury lines of BMW and Mercedes exclusively. I never wanted to own a Japanese car, even the so called luxury brands. I must say I was a snob in that regard. THis go round I was looking to get a 7 passenger car and wanted to spend less on my monthly lease. I knew that I would have to go outside my typical manufacturers to the dark side and venture into the Japanese lines. I decided I'd look at everything to make the best decision. We started with the Highlander, which would have been good but it wasn't luxury enough for me. Then we went to Lexus and the GX is more like a truck and the third row was right against the back with ZERO cargo room. It was also hard to get into the back, very small opening to climb into the back. Next was Infiniti. Wow, was I surprised. Who knew that I could get it all with an Infiniti!! I'm in love!! IT has everything I could ask for. The luxury, the technology, the best third row option in this sized vehicle. IT's not that big to drive or park! I'm in love with my car which is why I wanted to post this for anyone looking at 3 row cars. This is better than the Acura overall. I liked the Acura too but decided that I liked the interior and exterior much better than the MDX but the MDX was a close second. I also drove the Tahoe and it just felt blah in the area of luxury plus it's too big for my needs. The QX60 is perfect if you have the need to occassionally take 7 people and the extra people that we take are usually college kids that are still skinny to fit in the back very comfortably. It's a great car and we had a super easy experience at the dealership too. Highly recommend Infiniti!!!