Used 2009 INFINITI FX35 SUV Consumer Reviews - 74 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific FX35 model:

AWD with Class!
By Craig

2009 INFINITI FX35 SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

This vehicle has been the best car owned to date over Lexus, Acura, Honda with few if any repairs. The condition and paint looks new after buying in 2009. If you find this model 2009 AWD with paddle shifter's then buy it. I feel that I can go 300,000 miles +

8 Years of Ownership thoughts on first year model
By Bionic Cheetah or Metal Scarab?

2009 INFINITI FX35 SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

After 8 years and 140k miles I feel like it's time to give a review of this car. In short, this car was definitely ahead of its time when it came out. The exterior design, while polarizing when first released, has held up to the test of time. I still get frequent compliments on the vehicle and when I tell them it's 8 years old they're in disbelief. The around view camera is a feature that makes it easy to maneuver into any spot that can fit the dimensions of the vehicle. The engine still runs strong with zero oil burn, an issue that has plagued this motor in other Infinitis. This car still hauls donkey when floored. The transmission was never great, sometimes it's slow to shift, but it's an issue I've had since brand new so I've learned to adapt to it. The interior has held up well, no bubbles on the dash (parked outside in the sun from 8a-5p at work), leather (maybe it's pleather?) has held up very well and all the interior lighting is still functional. Reliability wise, the engine wouldn't start once but that was due to a dirty intake, now they're cleaned at regular intervals of 15k miles. Other than that, and this being a first year model, I've been very happy with how reliable the vehicle has been.
Couple notes on my vehicle: 1) always and still use synthetic oils at 7.5k intervals, 2) transmission oil, while the manual says forever, always changed at 60k miles 3) differential oils changed at 60k intervals as well 4) my vehicle is black with a factory aero kit, never took it to a car wash always self washed or detailed so the paint still looks great. 5)I have an Invidia cat-back exhaust installed (still makes me smile when I floor it through tunnels). I can only hope that my next car can hold up as well as this in the performance, design, and maintenance departments. Overall, I'm super happy with my purchase and will be sad when the time comes to sell it.

90,000 Miles Still Like New
By jas74

2009 INFINITI FX35 SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Purchased from dealer, one owner lease.
We have owned the car for 2 years and all we have done is regular maintenance per the dealer.
Very reliable car, most Japanese cars are!
Just had the transmission firmware updated, seems to shift much better.
Also had the trany power flushed and changed.

Overall, I just don't trust European cars these days.
The BMWs / VWs, I have owned seem to require little $100-300 repairs all the time.
Not the FX, everything works! does not nickel and dime you to death.

Great Car - Hate the transmission
By deninfiniti

2009 INFINITI FX35 SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I have owned my FX for over 2 years now and love how comfortable it is to drive (my first trip was 1200 miles and I felt as fresh stepping out of it as when I had got in!).
The engine is great and has plenty of power.
My main gripe is the 7 speed transmission... it sucks.
I often find myself trying to pass other traffic and putting my foot to the floor and nothing happening for 1-2 seconds... once you get passed this point fine, but that lag can seem like an eternity.
I had it re-flashed and that helped a little, but this is definitely something more fundamental..... But if they fixed this I would definitely get another.

7-Speed transmission

Continuing satisfied FX35 customer
By essia

2009 INFINITI FX35 SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I had a very pleasurable buying experience at the infinti of omaha dealership. The sales team of Dan and Dave worked with me and my budget to get me into an upgraded 2009 model from a 2007. Very happy with the car and the professional way I was treated during the entire buying process. I highly recommend these two individuals when buying a car and the infiniti of omaha dealership

comfortable seats, iphone / ipad jack to enjoy my playlists

a iphone / ipad chargable jack so that you can recharge your componets while driving and also not use up the componet battery life