Used 2004 INFINITI FX35 Consumer Reviews

Used FX35 for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...50

Pros
Cons

Expensive to Maintain

Maness7, 07/10/2004
AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

At 15,000 miles tires gone and brakes needed replacing. Dealership charges $350 for 15,000 check-up, over $1000 for four new tires, and I don't have a number yet for brakes. But at 15,000 miles (and less than one year) I will have spent over $3000 on upkeep. While FX35 is fun to drive and jazzy looking, I'm retired and drive very conservatively. This car is unaffordable for me and I would not buy another one.

2004 Infiniti FX35 - Great Vehicle

MaryJ, 12/19/2004
Rwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I had two previous Lexus SUV's, and wanted something different, so I bought an Infiniti FX35. I really liked the feel of the FX35 when I drove it! I have enjoyed it, and especially love the navigation system (haven't gotten lost since I got it) and the sports package with the great sound system. I get lots of compliments on this fun car, and love driving it.

Disappointed

smrt50, 11/27/2004
AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned 3 Lexus and 2 BMW and now,I owned a FX-35 for the past 9 months. I have the tires re-balance twice trying to get a smoother ride. I enjoyed riding the car on the highway,but the ride is not to Lexus or BMW standards. Also the workmanship of the interior is not the same quality of a Lexus the carpet and leather is chea. Last week I sold the FX-35 and brought a Lexus RX-330,and I very happy with my purchase,and comfortable overall ride

Great car, BUT!!

mike005, 05/05/2013
AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love this car. It's nice, fast, and fully loaded. BUT, buyer beware---These cars have a notorious "rattle" when starting the car, and it CAN'T be fixed; I know because I've spent thousands trying. This rattle is a problem with all Infiniti & Nissan vehicles that use this same motor. It makes your ride sound like total garbage. AND, the seats fall apart. They used a very poor quality piece along the edges of the seats that literally fall apart, and will cost you about $300 to fix, per seat. AND, the trim on the outside looks horrible after a few years; about $500 per door to fix ($2k total). AND the brakes have issues that can't be fixed.

Fun, Fast, Massive disappointment - DON'T BUY INFINITI

h_la, 10/29/2013
AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have loved my FX. It's sporty and super capable. My problem is with their build quality and customer service. Infiniti used sub par material on their dashes and they bubble in the heat. It looks terrible, like a rash on the whole dashboard. Infiniti replaced it once 3 years ago. It was a recall but my service rep said he was doing it as a favor (and suggested his favorite brand of whiskey, which I unwittingly bought him as thanks). When this same problem occurred again 3 years later Infiniti says that it's no longer under warranty even though the warranty on the dash was changed to 8 years (and this one is only 3 years old). I can't stand to look at it now. DO NOT BUY INFINITI.

12345...50