Used 2015 Hyundai Veloster Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 9 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Hyundai Veloster Hatchback Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Veloster model:

Great car for people in lower/middle class
By Chris soch

2015 Hyundai Veloster Hatchback Turbo 3dr Hatchback w/Black Interior (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This is gonna be long. My 2015 turbo veloster is awesome! Im married n have two younger boys. Got it with 42 miles on it. Made it to 53k so far and most of that is CA Bay areas horrible roads and many Disney trips. At 50k i had alittle heart attack at a stop light when the car started idling ruff for maybe 10 seconds then shut off on me n the oil light and battery light were on. I pushed the car to the side of the road. Checked oil and everything was fine. No leaks no crazy noises. So i started the car and never happened to me again. And no codes have showed up on my OBD. Got the oil changed and put new tires. During alignment i notices my two front ball joints are shot and all my shocks have leaked out. Which explained why it got so bouncy at about 45k. So the car is amazing and warranty is great. Just your regular wear and tear on ridiculous roads haha. And as long as I'm not in it and using Cruise Control going up these mountains to Disney i get great MPG!

Couldn't have asked for anything better!
By Mark S

2015 Hyundai Veloster Hatchback Turbo 3dr Hatchback w/Black Interior (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

When I looked at this for my wife I didn't realize that the car would be as good as it was. Power, handling, reliability, it has it all. Have over 40,000 miles and not one problem!

Warning don’t buy this car
By Oscar

2015 Hyundai Veloster Hatchback RE:FLEX 3dr Hatchback w/Black Interior (1.6L 4cyl 6AM)

Doesn’t pick up it’s Avery bad choice I made stay away from Hyundai nothing nightmares

It's not a car, it's a feeling.
By Doug Smith

Let me start by saying that for the most part, the reviews on these wicked little cars are true.
Living in Oklahoma, I can personally guarantee the ride quality is less than perfect. I also have several vertically inclined comrades, making the backseat a little tight in the headroom department. That being said, this wonderful disaster of a machine does exactly what it was designed to do. Don't expect the rear passenger volume and ride quality of a plush family sedan. The inspiration for Veloster isn't derived from the soul of other hot hatch, instead from that of a sports bike. It's driving dynamics tell that story very well. She's very quick to roast the tires (1st and 2nd gear), smack your head on the headrest, give you some truly wild cornering (thanks to the turbo's torque vectoring control), all while piping a modest amount of that rude engine/exhaust note through Veloster's 450 watt sound system.

I searched car after car before I found Veloster. Cars I just knew I was going to buy. Mazda 3, Nissan Sentra SR, and even the Dodge Dart GT. All of these are great cars, but...

Shortly after I entered the two-tone leather appointed cabin, opened the nearly entire roof's worth of sunroof, mashed the gas pedal, and dumped that buttery clutch...

I fell in love with that feeling. A feeling no car I was considering could provide.

Finally, take into consideration what you need this car for and where or how you'll be using it. Take an extended test drive if possible and really decide if this car was made for you. It didn't take me long to figure out it was made for me.

Garbage
By Rebecca Lynn

2015 Hyundai Veloster Hatchback 3dr Hatchback w/Black Interior (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

This car is garbage. If you've ever driven a quality car, you'll feel it immediately. I had to rent this car and couldn't wait to give it back. First of all, I hit my head every time I get in or out. It's hard to access door controls due to the huge handle in the way. Also, it looks ridiculous. There's only one back door? Really? It's tiny, my husband can't even fit in it. I never actually got the Bluetooth to work and the media system is infuriatingly confusing. It's INCREDIBLY LOUD and you feel even the smallest bump. Even for the money, this car is garbage. I write about cars for a living and this car is just at the bottom of every list. Uncomfortable, loud, not user friendly, rather weak when it comes to power. This is a rental and it already feels like it's about to break. Go for a better brand, it'll be SO worth it.