Used 2016 Hyundai Tucson SUV Consumer Reviews - 166 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Hyundai Tucson SUV Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tucson model:

If you wanna live don't buy this car
By Bea

2016 Hyundai Tucson SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 7AM)

This vehicle has more problems and recalls than anything I do not feel safe again in in my vehicle and driving dealing with route 60 Hyundai and euro beach is also terrible

Third Tucson with great improvements
By Lewis Lokitz

2016 Hyundai Tucson SUV Limited 4dr SUV (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 7AM)

We leased the 2016 in August 2016. The improvements over our previous Tucson are huge. However having driven it a little over 16k miles in a little over 2 yrs, I have to agree with many of the comments regarding the dual clutch transmission. The biggest concern/complaint has to do with the delay in the car moving from a stop. I now make sure I have plenty of time to get across an intersection. The dct seems to create an unsafe condition. Having said that the Tucson is quiet, feature rich, well put together, all the safety features are present, and while we had an ac issue, it was fixed in a timely manner and is operating perfectly. Hyundai has great designers for the wheels. I am glad to see that the 2019 Tucson is going more main stream with a traditional 6 speed transmission.
Hopefully there’s a bit more sound insulation.

Transmissions problems for 2 years now!!
By Jaimeson

2016 Hyundai Tucson SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 7AM)

This car has had transmissions problems for 2 years now. We have taken it in over 10 times to have them fix the transmission or acceleration hesitation. We have almost been in two accidents because the car failed to accelerate when needed. We have almost been in several more because of having to press the accelerator more and then it leap forward. This car is broken and dangerous and the dealership states "It drives as intended". We cannot get them to fix it! After researching I found all over the internet others with the same issue. Hyundai did a recall that was supposed to fix transmission issues and yet they are still there. Based on my experience with Hyundai and the dealership I will never buy another Hyundai. Beware!

Beaware
By Massimo bianci

2016 Hyundai Tucson SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 7AM)

This is a piece of garbage and I tried to leverage lemon law, but it would cost me. The engine shakes and acceleration stops. Dealer said to put it in sport mode after firmware update. Still driving very bad. Zero stars for review and Hyundai financial is no help.

Ride your bike, it’s safer & more reliable!
By AB

2016 Hyundai Tucson SUV Sport 4dr SUV AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 7AM)

Short & sweet: I’ve had several transmission issues to the point it won’t accelerate from a stop light. AC is bad, multiple electrical issues that have been “fixed” several times, Navigation is poor, etc. I’ve contacted NHTSA regarding the safety or lack thereof and I feel there has to be an accident before something is done about this unsafe vehicle. Safe yourself time, money, and stress and do not purchase a Tucson.