Skip to main content

Compliments Galore

Linda, 03/22/2017
updated 10/05/2020
GT V6 2dr Coupe (2.7L 6cyl 6M)

UPDATE: after many years of great service, I am sad to sai the engine is riding rough and can not afford the repair. This car is for sale whole to be parted out. My car will never be for sale. I love it now more than I did when it was new now that the restrictions are lifted due to the age of this car. Needed a new gas tank and cat after 14 years and need a new sway bar. Other than that this car has held up the test of time in my book. Head lights had to be replaced only because I just could not see with them any longer. They did yellow and night driving was hard with 2004 lights. This car still rides like it is on a cloud for me and I can not bare to part with it. My son has tried to get me to buy a new car and I am just not ready to let this one go. New cars are made so cheep and this one has been good to me.

1.63 out of 5 stars

Do not buy this car

DoNotBuyThisCar, 12/07/2004
GT V6 2dr Coupe (2.7L 6cyl 6M)

I bought this car 1 1/2 years ago and had nothing but trouble. The tranny and clutch had to be replaced (own expense - no warranty) and the paint is slipping off all over the place. The dealership doesn't acknowledge warranty claims and sent me to Corporate which in return sent me back to the Dealership - nothing but the run around! I don't care if you buy the car or not but let me tell you, its badly build, poor quality, bad customer service. Hyundai surely stands to their reputation, to be a cheap auto maker. Do yourself a favor and pay a couple of thousand bucks more for a car you can enjoy rather then get awfully frustrated with! Good luck

Best bang for the $Buck

SpeedDevil944, 06/01/2004
GT V6 2dr Coupe (2.7L 6cyl 6M)

The car is excellent. I am upgrading to the GT V6 Tiburon from a 1984 Porsche 944. ...When I first heard Hyundai worked with Porsche on the suspension, and that originally it was based off the 944 specs, I figured it would be nothing more than a 1999 944... Well, this car is a lot more than a new 944... Better handeling, 6spd tranny, moonroof. This is one fantastic car.

4.38 out of 5 stars

Decent Daily Driver

Blue-GK, 04/08/2010
GT V6 2dr Coupe (2.7L 6cyl 6M)

I bought my Tiburon to serve as a daily commuter. The performance isn't overwhelming, but the V6 offers the torque delivery that makes the car feel much more relaxed on the freeway, and more responsive at the lights. The styling may make it look a lot more potent than it is, however, as it's not a fast car by any means. Notably, the rearward visibility in this car is low. It can be quite difficult to back out of spaces simply because you have to take a leap of faith to do it. Overall, I'm not disappointed. I test drove an automatic, which was incredibly slow. The manual was the better choice, in my opinion. I've had a few issues with it, but nothing excessive for a 6- year old car.

4.5 out of 5 stars

Beautiful vehicle and fun to drive

Vedli, 10/19/2010
GT V6 2dr Coupe (2.7L 6cyl 6M)

I am a dealer and have purchased all types of vehicles. When I bought this one I was just thinking about dollar signs and how quick it would be to sell to a racer boy. Although when I drove it back it had amazing pick up and stuck to the road with a lot of control. I have read some of the other posts and find it funny, this is a very fast car if you are skilled enough to shift it fast enough. The shifting is very smooth, HP is great, interior and exterior looks fabulous. The front end looks I don't really like although easily fixed with the right body kit. I come from a diverse family of vehicles from the G35 to the Pontiac GTO and by far this one is another keeper in my book.

12345...9