Used 2016 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid Consumer Reviews - 44 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sonata Hybrid model:

A/C compressor needs replacing already
By Tammy

2016 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6A)

My car is a 2016. I bought the car used in 2017 so a little over 1 yr of me owing the car the A/C compressor needs to be replaced per the Dealership. $2100 I believe this should be covered by Hyundai since the car is only 2 yr old. The compressor shouldn't be going out this early. I have a 1998 Ford and my AC is still going strong only having to put Freon in it once. I will never buy a Hyundai again.

Great fuel economy... in ideal weather
By TDS

2016 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid Limited 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6A)

Overall, this is a really nice car, especially for the price. However, I bought it for its fuel economy, and that's unreliable. It can lose up to 15-20% of its capability to save fuel if you have to run the seat warmers and/or climate control for an extended period of time.

catchy title
By T. C. Park

2016 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid Limited 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6A)

Good, reliable, comfortable transportation. Got all the safety features, and think they work well.

Best car I've owned in 50 years
By Reg

2016 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid Limited w/Blue Pearl Interior 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6A)

What's left to say? My first rattle trap of a car was a '58 Chevy. Since then I've owned Ford, GM, Dodge/Ram, Triumph (talk about love/hate!), BMW/Mini, Mazda, Toyota, Nissan, and Lexus. The mid-1990s Lexus LS400 was a very good car that was at the leading edge of the industry in many ways. It does not compare to the Hyundai. The Sonata is a far cry from being at the leading edge of automotive technology but Hyundai has gotten everything right. It is the best car I've owned. Period. I wouldn't be selling it if I wasn't moving out of the US. I can't take it with me. That's OK though. I'll buy another when I get settled.

Overall pretty good.
By Jorge Cartman

2016 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6A)

I've gotten over 60mpg on warm days when going no more than 5 over the limit (around 40mpg when it's freezing). I've had one issue with this car though, but that may be because I bought it uses, and it was rear ended before I bought it. The issue is that the hybrid system component sent me a warning indicator, and as I type this, it's at the dealership being looked at. They say it could be a hybrid coolant pump leak, but aren't sure. I don't know whether it was caused by the accident or if it's defective. I haven't had this car a month yet.