Used 2015 Hyundai Equus Sedan Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used Equus for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

Everyone looking in this segment, test drive Equus

J. Solecki, 09/22/2015
Ultimate 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 8A)

I just leased the 2015 Hyundai Equus Signature. When I came to the dealership I was not really expecting to end up with this vehicle and test drove Genesis V6 and V8. Liked V8 better and then started thinking of maybe leasing this vehicle for my business. The sales person (Brett of Humble Hyundai in Texas) mentioned that they have a very good deal on Equus lease so I test drove it and actually liked it a lot. It maybe is not as sporty as Genesis but instill a lot of confidence on the read and the ride is much, much more refined. In the end I decided to go with the Equus as the lease offer was really good and Brett was really accommodating, followed up timely and was not pushy at all, unlike some of other car dealers I visited prior. Considering this is my first ever lease they made the process easy and I was in and out of the dealership pretty quick. We will see how the vehicle holds up quality wise but so far I am very satisfied. Everyone looking in this segment really ought to look at this car.

Better than Lexus LS 460

Richard Dark, 06/27/2016
Ultimate 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 8A)

The first Equus I bought was in 2011, I traded my Lexus LS 460 because of the troubles I had with it. The 2011 Equus had no problems & I owned it for 5 1/2 years. The service was great so I bought a 2015 model, this car has minor changes that makes it even better & I got a good deal because it was a year old but new with 73 miles on the odometer. I'm a happy camper & recommend it to anybody.....UPDATE; 2-29-19. The car has performed perfectly, mileage not so good but that's due to driving only around town. Hyundai no longer use the Equus name but my friend bought the equivalent model Genesis and tell's me no problems, he's very happy with it.

Best car ever driven by me.

Kevin Gray, 02/15/2017
Ultimate 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 8A)

It's worth the money and underestimated by people in the industry. You can't buy a better car.

i loved this car until it almost killed me

mike, 01/12/2019
Signature 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 8A)

i bought this car new and loved it for the first three years; then, one day i made a u-turn and the whole car shut down; when the dealer came to pick it up, the same thing happened to the driver on a u-turn; the dealer replaced the onboard computer; three months later the same thing happened on a u-turn, on a dark night, on a busy street and i, my wife and two other passengers almost got killed on a busy street; the dealer, working with the geniuses at the manufacturer concluded that i had a bad battery cable; without going into a lot of detail, this makes absolutely no sense at all; i contacted the manufacturer and their "customer service" representative told me that they would do nothing to get me out of this death machine because the 2 year window on florida's lemon law had expired. when i asked to speak with somebody higher up the rep told me that he was the highest ranking customer service person in hyundai and hung up on me!!! I sold this car back to the dealer in order that i not risk my life driving it. if you are in the market to buy a used equus, be sure not to buy VIN KMHGH4JH9FU093410 unless you are willing to risk your life

A winner

suzan pearlstein, 07/07/2016
Ultimate 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 8A)

Great value great service. Comfortable safe and very stylish easy access

Fantastic value and very reliable...

Gyro, 10/31/2019
Signature 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 8A)

I bought a 2015 Hyundai Equus with about 24,000 miles on it in December 2018. Car was like new in almost every way. Had one problem with the car and that was a head rest on the passenger side that just violently popped forward one day while I was at a light. Warranty covered replacement 100%. Car handles really well. Very roomy front and back seat, great for everyday driving and long trips in that regard. It turns a lot of heads because the badge on the front and back is not the usual Hyundai loan. It looks and feels like a Lexus 460LS. Has all the bells and whistles that a flagship sedan should have, including terrific sound system, navigation, rear sun shade, backseat radio / A/C controls, comfort setting (rear passenger seat turns into a recliner and front passenger seat moves forward so there is more room...outstanding feature on long road trips. Prior to this car I had a BMW 750Li, also a flagship but had constant problems. This is Hyundai reliability with Lexus / BMW styling. Not as sexy as the Lexus 460 or BMW 750 but close enough considering the upfront savings for purchase and nearly non-existent maintenance issues. One last thing: This car hasn't been made since 2015 (I believe) and unfamiliarity with the general public means these cars can be had with low mileage at great prices. The one I bought had about $5,000 in equity built in to the purchase price. They are rarer so you may have to travel to find one. If you're thinking about buying one, hurry because every day the supply of low mileage 2015 (or earlier) shrinks.

Just bought a 2015 Equus with 6700 (not a typo)

Stephen from NJ, 10/07/2018
Signature 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 8A)

Fantastic car, mine is like new, from the fantastic carpet up to the leather dash, what a fantastic value. Paid less than 1/2 for a car that cost mid 60's new and I love everything about it. Rides great, is as powerful as a muscle car. Great value..

2015 Signature Purchased in 2019

Stasmosis , 07/31/2019
Signature 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 8A)

I purchased this car 4 yrs old with 28k miles. This car drives like a dream. It feels like a brand new car. I love the drive modes and suspension. At this price and value, why would you buy a used more expensive BMW 7 series, Audi A8, Lexus Ls, or MB S Class? I saved a ton of money and purchased a RELIABLE luxury sedan. Great job Hyundai!

Last vehicle I will want!

William Howell, 05/20/2017
Signature 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 8A)

Not the best for fuel economy, but we didn't purchase it for that but for comfort and easy in and out. WE LOVE IT!

2015 Equus Ultimate Edition CPO, Brand New Tranny

Phillip Wold, Lookout Mtn., GA, 09/30/2019
Ultimate 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 8A)

1: Last year that model was manufactured, 2016. 2: Genesis 90 replaced aforementioned model. 3: Exquisite comfort, smooth ride, ultra quiet cabin. 4: 17 speaker surround sound w/ subwoofer. 5: Fully loaded, V8, 5 liter, 429 hp powerplant. 6: 6 months after purchasing, had to replace transmission with 30k miles on it. I am the second owner and purchased the vehicle with 25k existing miles on the odometer. 7: 10 years, 100k miles warranty took care of parts and labor. (THE DOWN SIDE...Long Hyundai of Chattanooga took 6-7 weeks to repair the transmission. When I picked my car up and took it to a local bodyshop to repair a dent I got in a door, the bodyshop found parts from the transmission repair and the ENTIRE TRANSMISSION UNDERCARRIAGE PLATE / GUARD in my trunk. LONG HYUNDAI, CHATTANOOGA, N E V E R put it back on before returning the var as FIXED !!!! WTF...?!

51050