Used 2009 Hyundai Accent Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 45 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Hyundai Accent Hatchback Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accent model:

LOVE IT!
By Miguel

2009 Hyundai Accent Hatchback GS 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

Bought this car used in 2015 and haven't had any problems besided the ignition coil which is a common problem with them. Easy do it yourself job takes 10 minutes and costs 30 bucks for all 4 on amazon. I replaced one with an autozone ignition coil for $80 but that was before i found the ones on amazon. The error that came up was a misfire on a cylinder so if that happens id replace this first. Other than that the car is basic but does the job and has good speakers and aux.

Hyundai Accent GS hatch best ever
By Finnius

2009 Hyundai Accent Hatchback GS Base 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This has been a great car runs amazing drives like the day I bought it never let me down best car I've ever owned

Hyundai Knows What We Want - The Bare Minimum
By Jordan

2009 Hyundai Accent Hatchback GS Base 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I want to send out a big public thank you to Hyundai for making the 2009 Accent the most low-tech car of the 21st century. Do y'all realize how much extra car companies are charging us for unnecessary features? This was my first car, and all I wanted was a reliable car with good fuel efficiency and cheap. Y'all would be surprised to know how elusive that combination is in modern automobiles. I didn't want key faubs, or Bluetooth, GPS, or side view mirror turn signal lights. Nuh-uh! Thankfully, the '09 Accent was designed without all these useless amenities. Not only that, they got rid of features I didn't even know I didn't need. No cruise control? Well, how hard is it to just keep your foot on the accelerator? With most newer cars, you can press a button to lock all the doors at once. Not so with the Accent. You've gotta lock each door manually just like our 20th century ancestors did. Hey - If I'm saving a few bucks, I can do that. I can crank the windows by hand, no problem. I will say, though, that I did want one specific feature. I really wanted my car to have an AUX port so I could listen to tunes from my phone through the speakers. And guess what? The Accent has it! This car is perfect!

Best car ever!
By Dan Melody

2009 Hyundai Accent Hatchback GS Base 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car in 2009. With the cash for clunkers rebate and other discounts it was 7,800 out the door. I changed the required items and maintenance at 100,000 . At 200,000 I replaced the water pump, thermostat , timing belt, hoses and spark plugs. Oh yes, brakes at 150,000 and three sets of tires. This was the most basic model, stick shift and roll up windows. Best car I've ever owned!

Died at 99,200 miles!
By Angela Wakhweya

2009 Hyundai Accent Hatchback GS Base 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought it new. It ran efficiently for six years...I was about to celebrate it's 100,000 mile birthday when the timing belt shredded and killed my whole engine...after one year of no car payments, is it worth the grief now...