Used 1996 Hyundai Accent Hatchback Consumer Reviews

$774 - $1,841

Used Accent for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

They don't make them like they used to!

KWest, 04/17/2002

As soon as warrenty ran out, car broke down. 105+ miles on my car, blue book value $800, repairs $1400, and still have 3 payments to go. Disappointed to say the least. 2 mechanics said it's not worth investing the money into for repairs. I did enjoy driving it while it was running, but $9981 is too much of an investment to throw it away after 5 years.

Hyundai rocks

herb, 09/12/2008

This vehicle has been low maintenance...aside from typical wear and tear...brakes, tires, etc. Gets about 35 miles per gallon. Very reliable. Owned for 12 years

Good LIttle car

tzz50, 05/15/2007

Just got the a few weeks ago but no big mess ups yet but it has the capability to be a good street racer.

Fun to drive

valpak, 06/07/2008

Bought new. No problems for first 8 years then things started to go wrong. both door handles have broken off. I have loved the car for the most part. I am considering buying a 2008 accent. It is a great buy for the money, roomy, fun to drive, great gas mileage. What more does someone want! We must have liked our 96 if we are looking to buy a 2008, plus a warranty that is great. If you are thinking of buying a Hyundai it is a great buy and you won't be sorry!

Its so easy

Dame Carter, 02/20/2008

Truth is the car uses a mitsubishi engine if people didnt know and its so easy to to customize, its not a car people normally assume is fast so when persons realize whoa thats a hyundai, its like yea fast isnt it. Its cheaper than alot of other cars to maintain and cheap to boost if your interested in speed.

Ode to my Hyundai

geegee, 02/11/2004

My little car that could. I have had it for almost 8 years from new, drove GREAT! for the first 5 years, had two major repairs after that (when it rains it pours) engine head, and computer went out, but no small problems at all! couldn't bring myself to trade in because no other car could match it for veratility, or gas mileage. I got 33MPG on mixed driving. I will miss you!

A solid little car

Toro, 03/13/2002

Love my Hyundai. Bought this car from the dealer with 7K miles on it and haven't had any major problems. drivers side window mechanisim broke 33 bucks to fix, less than an oil change. Also broke a bolt in the front pass suspension $8 dollar fix. Though its light in the horsepower still a fun little car to drive.

51050