Used 2014 Honda Pilot SUV Consumer Reviews - 17 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Honda Pilot SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pilot model:

check engine light
By Alexander Moibenko

2014 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have 2014 Honda Pilot. I like it very much, but here is the reason why I gave the low rating to it. The check engine light comes on and off. The code indicates that it needs a replacement of catalytic converter. At one Honda service I was charged for checking the code and at another one they replaced catalytic converter for no charge, but the check engine light is still coming on and off. I had several Honda cars. My last Honda accord has about 150000 miles and it also started having the same problem, but for 2 years old engine this is just ridiculous.

Horrible break rotors
By Ednilson

2014 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Honda should've be ashamed of such a poor design on the rotor breaks. They warp every 5000 to 6000 miles. NEVER buy Honda if you can buy anything else. They treat you as a stupid at the dealership and they make a ignorant face when you mention the problem as if yours is the only one with this problem and it is probably because of you who drives it wrong way. Again, do not buy Honda if you can.

Just what I wanted!
By Burt

2014 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my pilot used/off lease in January of 2016 and I think it was quite pricy. I test drove this pilot and a 2014 Durango and I thought the Durango may have been a notch above the pilot in handling however the pilot was by far the smoothest. The Pilot is quiet, tight and a great highway vehicle. Now, I owned a 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4X4 for 10 years and switching to this pilot was night and day! Now, the interior does have a lot of hard surfaces but I think this keeps with the intended mission of the Pilot, it's designed to be a sport utility vehicle. If I wanted plush I sure as hell wouldn't buy a Pilot! Our regular weekend trips to the Poconos was far more enjoyable for me because after 3 hours in the Pilot my back and left leg was no longer sore and numb, this Pilot has great seats! I read the reviews before buying and was concerned about the VCM issue however I have never felt any vibration, as a matter of fact the only way to know is seeing the little ECO light flash on and off. I think the driving position in the Pilot is great, how the pedals, the steering wheel and controls all fall within easy reach. I spent some time setting up the audio and blue tooth and never had any problems. The stereo system works quite well however a few stations I used to pick up with an antenna I can't get with my Pilot. I think the final decision for me was the shape and interior storage, the second row can easily seat 3 adults and the third can easily seat 3 teenagers, with the rear seats down the storage is amazing. With the looks, storage and Honda's stellar reputation this was an easy decision.

Nice Ride
By Donald Weiss

2014 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Great vehicle to own. This is replacing a older pilot that I have owned since 2008. Very, very dependable.

Nice Ride