Skip to main content

3.13 out of 5 stars

55mph Humming

baron1797, 05/09/2012
EX-L 4dr SUV w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Well... where do I start. I have had a lot of issues with my 2012 Pilot... starting with the replacing the brakes, roters, tires by 12k. Yeah you heard me correct. I had to replace them because later found out at 18k that the front barrings were shot. Now at 26k... I have a LOUD humming noise which absolutely drives me bonkers. I hate driving my car... I changed my music from Coldplay to loud punk so I do not have to listen to that humming noise. This is my 4th Honda... this one has been my problem child.

4.13 out of 5 stars

Great SUV but no where close do MDX

brwndoggy, 07/20/2013
EX-L 4dr SUV w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased 2012 EXl with Nav almost 2 years ago. Averaging 17mpg city, 21 hwy. Far less than rated but that's the case on all cars I've driven save my 2008 bmw 3 series that gets more than epa ratings... Drives well, have issues with front tires on lose ground given the power of the suv, tires do slip especially given the tires since they are for mpg vs handling. inside, appointments are great. love the radio, blue tooth syncs well with phones via usb or blutooth. standard audio package is good, did not see need for upgraded audio. rear camera - mixed blessing. use it only as general help, do not rely on it. use your mirrors and turn your head. sensors would be nice.

1.88 out of 5 stars

Dont buy the pilot

hondasucks5, 03/29/2012
EX-L 4dr SUV w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought the 2012 Pilot because of its reputation for being both dependable and reliable. How wrong I was. The car has 500 miles on it and wont start correctly. Honda aware of problem and offer no solution. Customer service is horrible. I've been told to keep turning the key until the engine starts. "It's safe to drive." No one from the company will put any of this in writing. Buyer beware !!