2018 Honda Odyssey Consumer Reviews - 91 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2018 Honda Odyssey Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:

Third Honda, second odyessy.
By Paul morganti

2018 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 9A)

We replaced our 2006 Odyssey with a 2018 Odyssey in October 2018. We loved our 2006 it had 185,000 miles on it and still ran like a new van. Did not use a drop of oil and idled smooth and quiet. However this new odyssey is so much better than our old one. We now have 13,500 miles on it with out any issues. It drives wonderful and I love the electronics it has. We got the EXL model as we did not need a DVD player or cabin watch. Apple play is fantastic, you hook you iPhone up through the port and your navigation comes up on the screen making purchasing the navigation option in the van worthless. Pandora or Spotify plays perfectly through your phone and the SiriusXM radio works very well. This van drives like a fine automobile and not anything like a van, it’s quick, nibble, and the transmission so far has been flawless. The safety features are fantastic, Lane departure, automatic distance control from cars in front of you, automatic braking if you fail to slow down fast enough, blind spot alerts. I love this vehicle. We are averaging about 26 miles to a gallon, and so far I have zero complaints.

Great baby hauler
By Mom of 2 under 2

2018 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 9A)

Overall this minivan has turned out better than we thought. We needed something to haul a baby & a toddler and all their stuff around (stroller, toys, diapers, bottles, blankets, ... ) and our compact SUV wasn't cutting it anymore, esp. when you had to sit between the carseats to enjoy "stereo" crying. The car steers pretty smoothly, similar feel to our Subaru Forester. It has a lot of nice little perks, esp love Android Auto and all the charging ports. Very comfortable ride and even when you are sitting between the carseats, you don't feel wedged.

Super Van
By Ed Bowman

2018 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 9A)

I've owned four Odysseys,but went to a 2014 Sienna due to Toyota being willing to deal and thinking that the van would be an equivalent. How very wrong I was! No comparison! The Odyssey, is quiet, fuel economy is excellent (20% better all around than the previous Odysseys and the Sienna), the transmission is smooth, smooth, smooth (The 1999, 2004 and 2009 Odyssey shifts were terrible), and I really like the standard equipment on the EXL. Great driving aids and so comfortable and easy to drive. I have driven and owned many different vehicle in my 81 year old life and nothing I've ever driven drives as easy as this 2018 Odyssey. I expect that it will have the Honda reliability, but have only 2500 miles on this one. No defects of any sort found at this time. I do not understand the occasional bad reviews I have seen here. None of those problems exist on my van.

4th odyssey I have owned.
By Bart

2018 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 9A)

Nothing to worry about. Great Quality.

Don't buy!
By bill

2018 Honda Odyssey Elite 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 10A)

We owned a 2012 Odyssey and were very happy with it, but it was time to upgrade. We acquired the 2018 Odyssey Elite with all the options. We're very unhappy with the upgrade because the entertainment system occasionally stops working. That means the Blue Ray, Cabin Watch, everything all of the sudden shuts off. We need to stop the car, turn it off, turn it back on, and hope the system comes back to life. We brought it to the dealership immediately, and we were told this is a known problem, Honda knows about it, and there's no solution. "Check back in 90 days" is the answer we got in writing! Can you believe this?! Please save yourself headaches and buy something else. Of course the sales people at the Honda dealerships will never tell you that. This model is full of other smaller bugs, too many to list here. Looks like a car that was not fully tested before getting to market.