Used 2009 Honda Odyssey Consumer Reviews - 82 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Honda Odyssey Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:

Such a great purchase!!
By Vikas P

2009 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We bought this vehicle brand new in 2009, and have owned it for 9 years. Now, we don’t drive much, and only have 82,000 miles on it, however, I feel like this car could easily last us 20 years! It performs well, is extremely comfortable, and other than a weird battery issue we had with this car, we have only done regular maintenance on it and I still feel like it drives likes it’s only a couple of years old.
My one qualm with it, if any is the gas mileage we get - which is probably closer to 16mpg, but we live in a hilly area and only really do city driving.
If I were looking for a minivan today, I would definitely buy another Odyssey.

Runs so good I gotta keep it!
By Bob S.

2009 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car used in 2016 with 90k miles on it. It is a very nice riding vehicle and runs like a top. I expect to get another 100k miles. The navigation screen is dim and hard to see. Maybe needs a new backlight bulb. First gear acceleration is perhaps too quick, sometimes spin the front wheels, especially on inclines or wet pavement.

Van--overall great
By Jay A.

2009 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Very reliable and useful for its purpose as a minivan--would recommend.

Review of 2009 Honda Odyssey
By Chris Stevens

2009 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Really Great car overall. When buying, make sure you model is EX-L or higher, as lower models do not include features such as an entertainment system and/or rear climate control. Although cabin noise is slightly excessive sometimes, it is a wonderful travel car.

Great van for 10 years.
By Jim C.

2009 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Our third Odyssey and fourth Honda. Regular maintenance at moderate expense since I live so far from dealership (all done at private shop). Returned to dealership for a few recalls but otherwise all was done by other certified mechanic. Averaged 12K per year but bulk of mileage was experienced on longer round-trips of approx 3K each. Only mechanical issue during the ten years of ownership was the air conditioning system, repairs of which cost $1500 and occurred long after warranty expiration. Comfortable travel car that has worked very well for us.