Used 2004 Honda Element Consumer Reviews - 443 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Honda Element Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Element model:

Reliable versatile economical
By John Wilmot

2004 Honda Element EX AWD 4dr SUV w/Side Airbags (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Very reliable vehicle...low maintenance and very versatile rear seats for hauling various things. Rear "suicide" doors are somewhat awkward in parking lots..city mileage 20mpg with 5 spd manual trans.

So far so good!
By G. Luna

2004 Honda Element EX AWD 4dr SUV w/Side Airbags (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I've logged less than 1,000 miles but will be driving it across the country in a few days so I should know more soon. My German Shepherd likes it a lot more than my last car a 2dr 1997 Jeep Wrangler. More comfortable and AC! The exterior has its share of scratches and dings but I live on the Navajo reservation so I can expect some exterior wear with no worries. Not a beast but it cruises at a decent speed. RPMs jump when climbing modest grades. Functional vehicle.

Covered 30,000 miles in the first year. Car is pretty loud and the gas mileage not very good for a Honda (20-22mpg highway). It has been reliable. Had to change a cracked radiator but that is it besides normal service. At 168,000 miles.

I'd buy it again
By Serine Gann

2004 Honda Element LX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Love it....very reliable

Elder Car(e)
By Steve D.

2004 Honda Element DX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

totally reliable, fun to drive, boxie, zip drive. What else can you say it is a Honda !!

The BEST I have owned
By maguu

2004 Honda Element EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased my 2004 Element in 2007 w/36000 miles off a lease. I now have 86000 miles on it and have not had any mechanical issues so far. I hope to drive it for a long time yet. This is the best I have owned,I have owned several cars and trucks American and foreign but none of them was as trouble free as this has been. It drives very stable and AWD can take you thru a lot of snow and mud. I have used as a car,truck and camper,have towed my boat and ATV side by side without any complaint from her. Honda really screwed up dropping this from their lineup,they should have just kept tweaking it to improve it more. I really don't know what I will replace this with,maybe try to find a clean 2011.

Just about everything is great.

Put normal opening doors in rear seat.