Used 2004 Honda CR-V Consumer Reviews - 414 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Honda CR-V Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

See real value (CRV)
By Mark Scott

2004 Honda CR-V EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Honda knows the car business.

2004 Honda CRV Excellent Vehicle
By Alan Marshall

2004 Honda CR-V EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Excellent overall and reliable vehicle. Drives largely like a car, plenty of room and 22-26 gas mileage. Excellent automatic transmission and good in snow.

Guinness book of world record manual transmission
By Dude

2004 Honda CR-V EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned the car for a decade now and it has about 215000 miles. It is very dependable with a few exceptions. The car has the original clutch on it and I drive it everyday. I have never had a manual clutch last anywhere near this long in my previous vehicles. The power and gas mileage is decent (21/22 city, 25/26 hwy). My job requires a fair amount of off road driving. I have to say, with the manual it does pretty well off-road. The one thing I don't like about this 5 speed manual is that it is missing a true hwy or overdrive gear ratio. At 70 mph you are taching 3400 rpm. I have always run synthetic motor oil to offset the higher revs. It seems to have worked pretty well so far. Interior comfort is good and I have always appreciated the surprising amount of storage space in the rear when the seats are fully stowed. I recently had to replace the entire entire AC system because the compressor blew and spread metal shavings throughout the system. The dealer actually told me with a straight face it would be $4500 to fix the system. Seeing the vehicle is barely worth that amount I opted to drive it the ole fashion style, with the windows open. I did eventually have mechanic friend replace the entire system with good quality aftermarket new parts and it was about $1500. Not sure why the dealer needs 200+% profit over normal mechanics. The AC now runs very well. Overall, I hope to get another 100,000+ miles out of this great vehicle.

Best Car I Ever owned
By Jay in Ocean County

2004 Honda CR-V LX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Great car, had 221,000, then I think the private local mechanic changed the starter and ruined my transmission, Never replaced anything but the catalytic converter Had 1 tune-up at 110,000 miles.

A golden oldie
By Larry Braverman

2004 Honda CR-V EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

1 owner with less than 57000 miles and all records since lnfancy.Traded vehicle march of 2017 still in good running condition