Used 2001 Honda CR-V SUV Consumer Reviews - 88 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Honda CR-V SUV Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

A fabulous oldie!
By Claudette Warlick

2001 Honda CR-V SUV LX 2WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car new and it's been a love ever since. It's never needed anything but routine maintenance (I've been diligent about that) and it's been a joy to own and drive. It's been garaged so it's surface looks like new and my kids were grown up before I bought it so the inside also looks new. I've replaced it with a new CRV because I'm so old I need some modern safety features and will pass my lovely red one on to a grandson graduating from college.

Don't get the 1999-2001 version.
By Pat

2001 Honda CR-V SUV SE AWD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

They put a different engine in it those years, No where they tell you the valves needed adjusted every 30,000 miles. Mine blew at 60,000 and I had to replace the engine. I had Hondas for years. Just bought a new SUV and it is NOT a Honda. They knew there was a problem with that engine and would do nothing. People had the engine blow at 30,000 miles. If you're going to make a throw away engine you should make them free.

Best Car I Ever Had
By Dennis Miller

2001 Honda CR-V SUV LX 2WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I have a 2001 CR-V with only 63,000 miles that I'm about to trade in against a new car for my wife. This car has cost me nothing in repairs other than the usual things like the battery, belts or tires. It's economical, specially on the highway and just in general, the CR-V is the most perfect example of Keep It Simple I've ever seen.

CRV-best car on the road
By Pat

2001 Honda CR-V SUV LX 2WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Great mileage; lots of storage; no blind spots; turns on a dime. Love this car!!!!

Reliable ride, classic look, holds it value
By Toby Peratrovich

2001 Honda CR-V SUV SE AWD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

One of the safest older cars on the road. No recalls, no air bag issues. Very little maintenance. Road noise level fairly high. Not quite enough room for long legs. Terrific cargo space and flexibility.