Skip to main content

Compare dealer price quotes
Select your model:
12345...12

Pros
Cons
5 out of 5 stars

Best Civic Yet!

A C, 09/19/2021
Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I have the 2022 Civic Sport and it's honestly the best car I have till date. Honda really went out of their way with new features in this car and she is a beauty. The front end definitely grew on me and it rides very smoothly. I traded in my 2020 LX model for this car and I love everything about it. The push-button start, keyless entry, redesigned interior, upgraded infotainment system, remote engine start, and I can go on and on and on. Best bang for your buck!!!

3 out of 5 stars

So near perfect, yet so far from perfect

Robert, 11/14/2021
Touring 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

Bear in mind, I am reviewing the 2022 Touring Civic and all the equipment that comes with it. This is my fourth Civic since 2013, I'm very familiar with this car. Exterior Styling: a very attractive vehicle. Mine is black and when clean it is almost a head turner. Put the four AUDI Os on the front and no one would know. Honda has turned the Civic into a beautiful car. The alloy wheels are also very classy looking. The hood and roofline are almost retro looking due the soft angles and rounded contours. It's as if they were inspired by the designs of vehicles in the 40's. Interior styling: Beautiful to look at. The honeycomb grate running along the dash is genius. The car is still a civic inside, but that grate adds a big dash of panache. It is shiny black plastic which would benefit from an upgrade to, say, a silver metallic brush type of finish. I expect to see it in subsequent iterations of this model. The joystick levers for the vents are very functional and very easy to use. Everything feels solid. Engine. I love it. the three way power switch really does work in a very obvious manner (unlike the old econ and regular which were different, but nothing amazing). In Economy mode, the car has more pep and acceleration than previous civics. The regular mode gives a quite noticeable power boost. The sport mode is fantastic for zipping onto a highway or moving past someone in a hurry. Brakes: excellent. Handling: Very, very good. The 18" tires have a lot to do with this, but see the problems they help cause, below. The best handling of any civic I've owned. Bose sound system - Fantastic. Sensors: the sensors on this car (approaching vehicle, back up, approaching object, etc.) are excellent. Better than on my Subaru outback--which is very good. Gas Mileage- Amazing. I easily get into the 40 MPH realm on the highway. More aggressive driving will diminish, but the MPG on this Civic is the best yet. NOW, HERE ARE THE PROBLEMS AND THEY ARE BIG Lumbar support - remember, this is supposedly a "Touring" model. Lumbar support is virtually non-existent. It is hard to understand how Honda missed this as it takes about twenty minutes of driving to realize the problem. It's hard to do any real "touring" when the back support is so poor. I'm going to buy a separate lumbar pillow. Inexcusable, Honda. Cabin noise - this "touring" vehicle is one of the noisiest cabins I've ever been in; not due to wind noise, but road noise. It is so prominent that on most highways the voice controls won't work properly--the noise interferes with your commands! And this isn't due solely to the 18" tires--the cabin obviously needs some serious noise dampening if this is going to be a "touring" model. I dread this winter when I have to put on snow tires. Seating - The buckets are very "tight"--not very comfortable, although the lumbar issue may exaggerate this. The front driver seat should be able to go about 1" higher. It sits too low at it's highest point so I'm constantly adjusting to get a good view of the road. I'm 5'9". Shocks - the shocks on this "touring" model are, well, shocking. They do not absorb jolts well at all. relatively minor bumps will jar the car VERY hard. It's another unforgivable issue with a "touring" model. Electronics - the infotainment screen is maddeningly and unnecessarily confusing. My Subaru outback system is much more user friendly and intuitive. Bottom line: Honda, don't put a "touring" sticker on a car unless you mean it. I know it's just a civic, but, really, the above issues are inexcusable. I would have preferred an EXL model rather than have to upgrade financially to a "touring" model just to get leather and a better sound system. If you want leather you have to pay for a touring model. All in all, an excellent car with glaring and incomprehensible deficits. Is it my favorite civic thus far? I guess so, but a few easy upgrades of serious deficits would have made this car the best car in it's class and even some higher classes. I anticipate that Honda will address these issues in the next few years of this models existence. I wish I would have waited for them to do it.

11th Generation, Best Civic Yet

11th Gen Fan, 08/17/2021
Touring 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

Traded a 10th Generation Civic EXL for the new redesigned Civic Touring in Platinum White Pearl. I was a little reluctant to trade at first but the new 2022 is such a better car. The 1.5 turbo engine in both feel great, not much difference but the CVT in the 2022 is much more refined. Driving this car is a pleasure. It accelerates briskly and handles the curves like a sports car. The Touring model I chose has all the options the Civic offers. The quality of the leather is better and the seats are much more comfortable than the older model. The BOSE stereo sounds very good and makes the drive even more pleasurable. Unfortunately the Goodyear Eagle tires Honda chose are a bit loud, so loud I replaced them almost immediately which made a big improvement. So far with 1800 miles I'm averaging 35.8 mpg and creeping up a tenth every week while back & forth to work. All the safety feature of the Honda Sensing are a little overwhelming but it's nice to know it's there to help. I really like the blind spot monitoring. Has already got me out of a potential jam once. Something my other Civic didn't have. I looked at the competition. None were the total package like the new Civic. Did I also say I think the new look is a winner.

Mixed feelings so far

Matt, 01/07/2022
LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I've owned a bunch of civics a 2007 2010 2017 and now a 2022 all have been very reliable cars to date, this one looks fantastic the redesign looks great inside and out but I have a few complaints, the seats much like the 2017 are miserable for long trips minimal lumbar support and rock hard honda needs to fire their seat designer, road noise, I only have an lx model but it is God awfully loud on anything other than glass smooth pavement, electronics I've had a few occasions where my cruise would suddenly stop working no idea why but it just did also twice its told me to take it to the dealer for a fob issue which then disappeared the car has 5 years of warranty but these issues started I the first month which makes me nervous for rhe long term, if honda put better seats, better noise reduction and less finicky electronics this car would 100% be the best in its clas sbecsuse its gorgeous exceptionally good on gas has a great layout and driving mechanics etc...... it just needs perfecting

2 out of 5 stars

Great Value Mid Sized Sedan

Travis, 01/29/2022
LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I recently moved into a Civic LX sedan after driving a 2016 Lexus for 6 years. I am extremely happy with the feature set as well as the fit and finish of the Civic. I expected to be pretty underwhelmed after moving from a car that had an MSRP of over double my new LX but I couldn’t have been more wrong. The handling at everyday driving speeds is more than fair, the steering feels tight and responsive. The ride is much smoother than I anticipated. I wouldn’t take it down winding roads for a joy ride but I don’t think many people that are considering a Civic would. It’s a car that knows what it is, a everyday driver with good fuel economy and a solid set of quality of life features. One negative I noticed is that I think they missed the mark a bit by not including TPMS sensors but at the price point I can’t complain too much. It’s a fairly robust package either way. The exterior styling is another plus for me as I like the revamped front end, it’s sleek and aggressive compared to older Civic models. The rear of the car could use the same treatment, it’s a bit safe for my tastes styling wise but I wouldn’t call it ugly. Pros: Handling Feature Set (Auto High Beams, Lane Departure, Adaptive Cruise, Blind Spot Detection, Collision Avoidance, Apple Car Play) Exterior Styling Fit and Finish Fuel Economy Cons: No TPMS Inability to default Auto Engine Stop to Off The 2022 Civic LX may not be the cheapest car in its class but I think the combination of sleek modern styling coupled with a robust feature package make me glad I chose it over competitors in its segment.

12345...12