Used 2007 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews - 528 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Honda Civic

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Civic Hybrid
By curtis

2007 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

A great car for driving around town. Very underpowered on the highway and suffers from extreme road/wind noise at highway speed. The car is comfortable enough but long trips get very laborious because of the noise. The relatively low power on the highway requires drivers to plan passing and other maneuvers rather than simply jumping into another lane and passing a group of slower cars. If you are a "cruise-comtrol at 65mph" type, this may not be as much of a handicap as it is for drivers used to a car with much more power. I averaged about 44mpg at 75mph through hilly terrain. Bottom line: If you drive it like a hybrid and accept the tradeoffs, you will probably be happy.

Except for being underpowered on the highway, it drives pretty nice. Nice interior design. Gauge lay out and dash is very straight forward and easy to use. Doesn't look like a hybrid except for the wheels.

Needs sound isolation, bad! Needs a little more power for highway passing. A better stereo would be nice.

Civic Slicker
By Don M.

2007 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I've found this Civic 4-Dr surprisingly comfortable, easy handling and fun to drive. Its 5-sp manual/clutch combo is about as good as it gets; light, positive and smooth. It's engine is not noiseless, but is smooth and pleasant, with a good usable rpm range, from 1500 to 6700. The interior is well thought out, with storage everywhere. It is fitted with conveniences previously found in only more expensive cars. The navi and XM radio are a delight, and the carefully calculated mileage of 36.5 mpg for its 11000 mile life is extraordinary. Fit and finish are excellent. Doors shut lightly and solidly. I wouldn't trade it as a driver for anything I can think of...or I'd be driving that!

Digital speedo works well for me. Navi and audio displays are user friendly, work superbly. 5-sp manual/clutch are the only way to go to extract best mileage (forget the EPA) and performance.

Add Bluetooth capability. Improve quality of plastics used in dash. That's about it.

Not what I was hoping.
By mugwomp

2007 Honda Civic LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Thought I'd switch to an economy car - this car won based on price/gas economy alone. It hasn't been worth it - I'd rather spend extra money on gas to have a car with some torque. The resale value looks great - will be moving up to something sportier in the 200+ hp/torque range. Not a bad car but it is the first/last Honda I will ever own. Realized its too vanilla for me. Didn't like seeing commuters driving them everywhere. Kind of a bummer.

Economy can't be beat. Solid build quality, features for the price, paint quality, materials, resale value.

Can't get used to the spacetoy dash. Hate the steering wheel, gauges with a passion. Don't like the random mish-mosh of buttons for a dash. Exterior looks like a wedge of cheese (probably for aerodynamics), zero torque, whiny engine.

Love This Car!!
By luvmyhybrid

2007 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan w/Navi (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have only had my hybrid for a month now and I love it. I'm averaging about 43 mpg (have 1700 miles on it already) and am very pleased with the performance. The car handles well, is fun to drive and the navi system and XM radio are fantastic features. I got a great deal on this car and it has been worth every penny so far. If I had to say anything negative about it, it would be the lack of lumbar support, but the seats aren't that bad compared to the 98 Jetta I was driving. The other surprising thing about this car is how much interior room there is. My Jetta was a bigger car, but had less room inside. Definitely a plus. If you are thinking about getting this car, DO IT.

My favorite features are the roominess, the handling and the instrument panel. So driver friendly.

The only thing I would improve on is the seat. Adjustable lumbar support would be awesome.

Si Sedan or bust!
By Si_ower

2007 Honda Civic Si 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I've owned Lexus, BMW, Toyota as well as various other cars. Thus far my 2007 Honda Si sedan has been the best purchase I've made. This car seems to keep on surprising me. It's fun to drive and has remarkable accelleration. It's just plain fun to drive as well as beening a serious eye catcher. All this for around $20k? Who in their right mind wouldn't want it? This car simply rocks!

I like the gearbox and the way the seats hold you in position (during aggressive cornering). I really like the gauge cluster as well.

I'd like to see a 'in dash' multi-disc cd changer.