Used 2007 Honda Civic Coupe Consumer Reviews - 125 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Honda Civic Coupe

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Impressed
By DMW

2007 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Leased for my commute to work, but found that this car is a good weekend car as well for every day tasks. Happy about the comfort, looks, reliability, and handling. Disappointed with the performance, the clutch, and lack of a 6th gear for cruising. My gas mileage has suffered because when driving above 65 mph on my commute, the small 1.8L, 4 cyl engine is working extra hard with the rpms at 3800-4000; which is why a 6th gear is needed. The clutch needs improvement and I know I can't expect much from 140 HP, and 128 ft-lbs of TQ, a few more ponies should be added. Interior dash is eye catching, and the mp3 capability is welcomed. A/C vents need to be moved. Get rid of hubcaps please!

Central control and dash. Style. Comfort. Reliability. MP3 capability with CD and MP3 jack. Room. Above average MPG. Cup holders. Trunk size. Maintenance minder. Digital MPH display. Custom welcome display on radio. Driver height adjustment. Handles very well. Above average in snow.

Better clutch. Needs a 6th gear for cruising. Needs disc brakes in rear instead of drums. Move A/C vents. More HP / TQ. Get rid of the hubcaps. Folding mirrors. Power/Memory seats should be an option, along with auto-dimming mirror. Blind spots occasionally over left shoulder (coupe).

Love, love, love this car!
By abby

2007 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I replaced my 1999 Civic coupe with this car in May as a little college graduation gift to myself. The more I drive it, the more I love it. Everything about this Civic improved over the one I drove before. The most notable things are the vastly more supportive seats, the odd speedometer that I have come to appreciate and the butter-smooth clutch, which only my boyfriend has managed to stall (and he drives a truck with a stick). It's got more than adequate highway cruising and passing power (though I would have liked to have been able to afford an Si) and a smooth, though somewhat noisy, ride. It handles great in heavy rain. I have not had the pleasure of driving it in snow yet.

Alloy wheels, four-wheel discs and a 7- speaker system w/subwoofer on the EX; exterior styling; interior comfort and layout; transmission/clutch combination; driver's seat height can be adjusted; system sounds pretty good for a stock compact car

A-pillar is at an unfortunate angle that can limit visibility, and this is the first Honda I've owned that the rearview mirror is attached to the windshield instead of the ceiling, but that's a minor complaint.

I love this car
By lilodian

2007 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe w/Navigation System (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

This car has a little bit of everything - looks, style, sportiness, power, comfort, electronic goodies, reliability and fuel economy all for about $20k. Looks very sporty. Initial pickup is a bit sluggish, but beyond about 3000-3500 rpm, it will surprise you with its power punch (torque). More than adequate power for most driving situations. Very nice and user-friendly nav system, more than decent audio system. I was quite a bit disappointed with the mileage (actual: ~26-27 mpg with 50/50 city/hwy) as opposed to the stated 29/35, but it could be because i like to step on the gas pedal a lot. Overall, still very good value. This car was made for teenagers/young adults. Go test drive it !

Nav system, audio system, steering wheel controls, 2-tier instrument cluster (looks great at night), XM satellite radio, pretty quiet engine, good comfort for an economy car

Parking brake should not be below the driver's right knee, also please take more accurate measurements of the gas mileage, Honda !

Not what I was hoping.
By mugwomp

2007 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Thought I'd switch to an economy car - this car won based on price/gas economy alone. It hasn't been worth it - I'd rather spend extra money on gas to have a car with some torque. The resale value looks great - will be moving up to something sportier in the 200+ hp/torque range. Not a bad car but it is the first/last Honda I will ever own. Realized its too vanilla for me. Didn't like seeing commuters driving them everywhere. Kind of a bummer.

Economy can't be beat. Solid build quality, features for the price, paint quality, materials, resale value.

Can't get used to the spacetoy dash. Hate the steering wheel, gauges with a passion. Don't like the random mish-mosh of buttons for a dash. Exterior looks like a wedge of cheese (probably for aerodynamics), zero torque, whiny engine.

Awesome
By Andrew

2007 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I recently got rid of a 2004 Mazda 3 sport and I like the Civic much better. I am very impressed with the smooth ride for a car less than $20,000. The cabin is quiet radio is create, manual shifter is very smooth. I drive mostly highway and have been getting around 34 mpg.

Trunk pop on key, 5 speed shifter, fuel economy, smooth ride, comfortable seats, good handling.

For some reason when I used winshield cleaning fluid the wipers don't come on automatically.