Used 2005 Honda Civic Coupe Consumer Reviews - 107 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Honda Civic Coupe Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Best car ill ever own
By Nikki

2005 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

This car is so great! Sets your expectations on vehicles so high that its hard to find anything else as good, especially for the price! Does great on road trips. The gas usage.. amazing! The performance is pretty surprising for such a small car too! As for working on them, at times its a little cramped but defiantly more room than other compact cars that I've worked on and the parts are very reasonably priced when you consider how often you would need to replace them which I've found that once you replace a part your never need to do it again unless you keep it for another 10 years. All around I think this is the best car to have if you need something a little fun, great on gas and long trips, and really, really reliable!

Excellent Mileage..!
By md

2005 Honda Civic Coupe Value Package 2dr Coupe w/Front Airbags (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

I just returned from vacation. I drove by myself, and I'm an older woman. I felt comfortable and safe... And I drove over 2300 miles and got over 36 mpg...! How can you not love that... She's a fun little car... I'd buy another one... md

Excellant purchase!!!
By browntown101

2005 Honda Civic Coupe Value Package 2dr Coupe w/Front Airbags (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

I bought mine used at ~111k, and I have put another 100k on it in four years. This has been a fantastic and reliable runner, it is easy to work on, takes nearly no maintenance, is very economical to own and operate, and with the 5 speed manual transmission, is a lot of fun. Highly recommended to anyone who wants something that is sound, cheap, and fun. I am very satisfied, and plan to run this one until life dictates I need something different, or until the wheels come off this one (but lets be real, I won't live that long!). Not recommended for a family car, or for those who have a hard time getting in and out, or those who haul a lot of bulky cargo, and no, it is not the best suspension, biggest motor, fastest car, however --- that's not why anyone buys a Honda Civic... It will (and has) hold up very well for commuting, travel, everyday use, work, fun, college, grad school and about anything else that you can throw at it. And good god it is nimble!

Very Reliable. Can't get rid of it!
By Eli

2005 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

After breaking 140,000 plus miles, I had to replace the alternator, ball joints, oil pressure switch and camshaft sensor. Besides these minor repairs, I change the motor oil every 3,000 miles, transmission oil every 20,000 miles, and the drive belts every 60,000 miles. I had to change the breaks about three times since the life of this vehicle, purchased back in 2005 with 4,000 miles on it. Overall, excellent reliable car. I still drive it every day to work, 60 miles round trip. I will only get rid of it once the new 2016 Civic Coup becomes available.

Overheating since 70,000 miles
By eememymo

2005 Honda Civic Coupe EX Special Edition 2dr Coupe (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I sold my beloved and trusty 2000 Civic EX for this p.o.s. in 2011. The 2005 EX SE came with 24K miles on it.
At 68,000 miles (2012) with the heat on vent... heat ceases, cold air starts, temperature spikes high, heat comes back on, and gauge drops. The thermostat has been replaced twice. The coolant system has been flushed multiple times. The sensors have been replaced. The radiator, water pump, and timing belt have been replaced. Next thing to try = head gasket. After contacting Honda directly this year, I was told that a product update was given on '05/'06 Civic radiators, but "oops sorry" any manufacturer replacement of parts ran out in 2011. -_- Very, very disappointing!

I would suggest having a coolant system that works. Why does the air conditioner compressor turn on when the defroster is on?! There's an AC on/off button for that reason. There's no need to make the engine work harder just to defrost my windshield. Just like everything...a brand going downhill due to cheap shortcuts and shoddy workmanship. Also, there is less leg room in the 2005 compared to the 2000. I'm 5'10" so a couple of inches makes a differences. Stopping making dashboards so dam.n intrusive.