Used 2005 Honda Civic Sedan Consumer Reviews - 169 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Honda Civic Sedan

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

My Ideal Car
By Linda Keller

2005 Honda Civic Sedan EX Special Edition 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

Hondas are a "family tradition". Over the last 20 years we have owned a dozen Hondas--Accords, Civics and Preludes, most purchased new. Why? Because Hondas are the most reliable vehicles with superior features, style, safety ratings and great mileage, too. My children grew up knowing the quality of the vehicles and chose to purchase their own after finishing school I currently own the 2005 EX 4-door Special Edition and this will quite likely be THE car for me. It is comfortable to drive, has a bit of a sporty look and a very superior sound system. As a "Baby Boomer" getting close to retirement, it is important to have a car that is reliable. And there is no choice better than a Honda.

Comfort of seating, moonroof,sound system with the 6 CD Changer, trunk accessibility and the console/armrest

Any improvement that could be made to protect from doors from the "dings" -- maybe strengthening of the materials.

Great
By shychinaguy

2005 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan w/Front Side Airbags (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Great to drive... isn't sporty, but the reliablity and fuel economy makes up for the weak acceleration. I love the front design... the car looks like it is smiling at me everytime I see it. I would recommend this car to anyone who do not like high maintains or costs to run it (20 dollars for a full tanks ~ 400 miles). The driving it very smooth, I like how the wheel is not too tight but tight enough to give the driver a feel for the road. The car is great for teenagers like me, who need to get places without the worry that the car will breakdown. I love the envy I get from people and since the cost is low, I think more people are able to afford this car. The side airbag is an added perk.....

The color of the car, the dashboard looks nice, the side airbags are a must have, the large trunk and the valet key are great. The sound system is good for such a standard system. I like the interior design. The exterior was also nice. The front looks great with the sporty lights. So many fun!!!!!!!

The acceleration of the car, side airbags in the back seats, standard verson would be nice with more options. I would like to get a hybrid civic verison, they have better fuel economy. Add more options to the civic, I would liked to have leather seats (I had to add them separately). More cup holder.

Best compact car
By Melissa

2005 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

When I was shopping for a car I test drove the Mazda 3s and the Honda Civic EX. I found that the Mazda 3 was not as comfortable or as refined as the Honda Civic. After test driving both cars I priced them. They were roughly about the same price. Therefore, the Honda Civic Ex was my decision due to many factors such as resale price and Honda's build quality. I have experienced that my Honda Civic is fun to drive and is a nice looking car. Another benefit of this car is the air conditioning because it gets cold right away but the Mazda 3s took the whole test drive for it to get comfortable inside of the cabin. Overall, this is a great car and I will continue to purchase from Honda.

Mixed ratings
By Heath

2005 Honda Civic Sedan LX Special Edition 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

My honda has turned out better than i expected. I drive about 120 miles back and forth to work daily. It keeps up with traffic on the highway once you get up to highway speeds.

Sound system, oil changes every 10k, nice styling,

I've turned off my head lights accidently by turning on my left turn signal a couple times. If it starts to rain and you turn on your headlights during the day the display on the radio is very hard to see (6 disk. Better noise insulation wind and road(wheel wells)

New Honda Civic 2005 EX
By christy

2005 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

I traded my 04 XLT Explorer for better gas mileage in the Honda.Its a great car for 1-2 med. adults & 1-2 small children.Great for running to the store on short trips.Coming from the room of the Explorer it is a "cute" box on wheels.More than 2 adults and 1-2 small children,you are cramped! Not much leg room in the back seat.Large trunk is great,just dont think you can buy all the same stuff you did if you had a larger vehicle,you will be sorry.This car is not for people with back problems..stick to the ones with the lumbar included.It is a compact car, great gas mileage and realiabilty, fun to drive for 1 person,but for comfort and room, NOPE!Keep a nice SUV for comfort and long trips!!

Love the sunroof feature and spoiler look. Filling up is cheap! It has great pick up and passing capabilities. I bought this because of its track record and resale value.They are great little cars...emphisis on LITTLE.Dont make this the "family car" this is the economy go to work, run into town car.

This car was rated for 38 miles per gallon on HWY! I have never got that yet and I drive alot of Highway. I would have liked lumbar seats and lighted mirrors in visors.I have the EX model and it needs more options that I miss on the Explorer, outside temp in the dash, trunk remote,tilt seating etc.