Used 1995 Honda Civic Sedan Consumer Reviews

Used Civic for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...6

Pros
Cons

Will this car ever die?

CN, 08/30/2010

It just runs and runs. At this point I might simply keep another 3 yrs and give to my kid. At 156,000 miles, this puppy is still running strong, no blue smoke. I simply change oil regularly and perform general maintenance; CV boots, brakes, oil, wiper blades, etc. Generally speaking minimal repairs. I've saved a boat-load of money driving this car for so many years. It's comfortable, zippy, easy to park. I wish I had bought the sun roof model back the. My next one will have all the bells and whistles as I've had many years to save money to buy now. Great car!

Love my honda

Thor, 02/03/2016
EX 4dr Sedan

Beat the crap out of the car, has almost 250k!!! Has had it's far share of repairs and aftermarket mods.... Love it will buy the exact same car again

My baby and she's a fixer

onimpulse, 04/04/2015
LX 4dr Sedan

Well to everyone who has problems with this car: The engine in this car craps out anytime after 200,000 miles. A few years ago, that happened to me, and I purchased another engine in LA that was shipped from Japan. Cars in Japan are not allowed to have more than, I think, 60,000 miles on their car. After this, it's technically illegal to drive. So they ship their old, perfectly great engines over here. My Dad gave me this car a few months ago after owning it for 12 years.The most reliable car ever. My Dad now owns the new Civic and a new Accord. I wouldn't trade my 95 Civic for any other new model Honda, Toyota, or any Japanese brand. I get GREAT gas mileage city or highway. up to 36.

Love my Honda!

Trish, 01/31/2017
DX 4dr Sedan

I could NOT have asked for a better first car! I purchased this vehicle my freshman year of college with 220 k miles on it... It now has 251k on it! The only time I have ever broken down in the past two years was when the transmission went out... Which was what I believe to be my own fault! I was told by a friend that I was likely low or out of transmission fluid! Luckily for me my dad has a few mechanical skills so we bought a junk yard tranny for about $300 or 400... Besides that.. I have AMAZING gas mileage when I keep it tuned up. I've had brake pads changed a couple of times, and headlights a few times few to a short... But this is in a two year span with high mileage so all in all I think it's an amazing vehicle!

The Most Amazing Gas Mileage... Ever

bomoellobo, 07/03/2008

My '95 Honda Civic (standard, not automatic) has been a real treat for me after starting out driving Lincoln Town Cars. When I was getting into the 30s for gas mileage, I was quite pleased. When I got 40 MPG, I was tickled pink. And when I got 45 MPG on the highway, I thought that couldn't be beat. Good God, was I wrong. On a 136-mile trip from Portland, ME, to Bangor, ME, I averaged about 62 MPG. 62. I used 2.183 gallons to fill my tank after clocking 136 miles from the last full tank. I could not believe it. There was no error in my math or in the numbers I used. This car is an amazing machine, and I will run this thing until the day it can't run anymore.

Great Car

AlwaysBored, 10/13/2008

I got this car as a first car and love it. It's a great car and very fun to drive even on long road trips. It has never let me down and runs as though it's brand new. The gas mileage is great and I love how I can drive an almost 15 year old car and not have to worry about gas. I do wish it had a better alarm though, I'm afraid to make any big changes and get it stolen, I'd be crushed if it was. Would definitely recommend this car, especially the EX.

My favorite car

alalime, 05/12/2009

I bought the 1995 civic with 8,000 miles on it, and I put 190,000 miles on it before the head gasket blew. With regular maintenance, these cars just keep running. My only gripe about it is the body started to give out before the motor .

Honda 95

Eric, 04/20/2017
LX 4dr Sedan

This car is dependable with working air zone heat, defrost . Standard, electric windows.

Engine Problems

Molly, 10/01/2017
LX 4dr Sedan

Got the car in May, and from the minute we drove off the lot, it burned oil like no other. Just kept an eye on the level and filled it when neccessary. Didn't think it was a big issue. Drove it down to Bloomington, a 4 hour round trip drive, with no issues. Commuted 40 miles almost daily for work, and definitely put 2k miles on it. It's now the end of September, and the engine is done for. Took it to the shop after it was idling super rough, and found out it was running on 3 cylinders and the engine was toast. 4 months for a car that was supposed to last me years. Only had 170k on it. I'm very dissappointed.

This car will be the death of me

haili73, 06/06/2013

Ever since we bought this car, it has given me nothing but problems. The first day I had it, the passenger door handle broke, next the windshield wipers fell off. The car doesn't beep at me when I leave the lights on, which resulted in several dead batteries. (yes, I realize that this is operator error, but still) It broke down four hours from home, leaving me stuck in gas/service station for a day and a half. Just about everything was wrong with it...timing belt (which we specifically were told was fine) radiator, among other issues. Then the AC went out...then something else broke down, it started making funny noises and shuddering, smelling weird, acting like a stick shift...it's scary.

12345...6