Used 1997 Honda Accord Sedan Consumer Reviews

Used Accord for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...15

Pros
Cons

Timex watch and 97 accord take a lickin

Larry A, 11/14/2015
LX 4dr Sedan

Very well built car easily repaired FYI people don't be stupid and get taken in by crooked mechanics. YOU CAN repair your own car all u need is google, you tube and some tools and don't be afraid to get your hands dirty. One of the most amazing cars I ever owned just keeps on going and going hoping to make it to 400,000 miles next year

1997 Honda Accord SE

KKBama, 03/01/2003

This Accord was my very first car and is an excellent first car for any high schooler. It's cute and sporty while still being practical and functional, especially on the gas mileage. I bought it at 29,000 and the only problems have been mostly small ones-- the power windows are sometimes slow, the A/C and defogging are sometimes flaky and I also have "phantom locks"-- whenever I lock my car, manually or by remote, the locks continue to make a sound as though they are locking. But I have never had a major problem with my Accord and I always feel safe in it.

A Consumer Car With Zip

peterpaul, 01/28/2013

This is my second Honda Accord in the last few years. My first was a '97 Honda Accord SE with 185,000 miles on it that I bought from a junkyard for essentially nothing: it zipped around fine, sipped gas, and was cheap to repair. It died (lesson, never buy a used car without a maintenance history) as the old owner ragged it. For the above reasons, I bought one last week, a '97 EX with the V6 engine in it. It has 138,000 miles on it and is in excellent condition. It has zip and pep and really gets around town. Even better, as it has all the maintenance records going back to purchase, I can see it has been well kept and for a fraction of other cars. Yay 94-97 Honda Accords!

LOVE MY SE!

krm, 02/15/2009

My sister had leased this car for 3 yrs and I snatched it up the day she went SUV. 135K miles on it now w/numerous 2K mile road trips under her belt. You can not destroy this car! I drive on possibly the worst tires in a winter snow zone without chains or studs and as long as the front bumper isn't pushing snow, I get wherever I need to go. My fuel mileage has drops to about 20-21 MPG with the winter ethanol mix we're forced to use, but she runs like a champ! Great car!

Best Car I've ever owned

Brian, 11/13/2010

Bought it with 70,000 and currently has 227,000 replaced 1 half axle, 1 battery, upper bushing on front. 34 mpg on highway w/ cruise combined around 28 mpg. At one point at about 110,000 it would just shut off as if I turned the key off but would catch in gear again b/c of it being a 5 speed standard. I called Honda and they told me that it had been recalled for bad ignition switch. Made an appt at the local dealer. Honda replaced everything. igniton switch, points, plugs, cap, wires and even an oil change at NO COST.. Now that's SERVICE! In fact I just bought my wife a 2004 Accord EX.

Great Car! Very solid!

Stephen, 03/10/2016
LX 4dr Sedan

I have owned this car for 3 years and it has been almost perfect for me! It only has 102,000 miles on it and it could go on forever. I have recently just had to fix the transmission a bit because the torque converter locked up but that is due to most of my driving is done on the highway because I am a college student who drives 250 miles home twice a month or so. The engine is a tank and will run forever. No major complaints about this car at all. It was and still is my first car and I am looking to get many more years out of it. It is the perfect first car! It is not flashy, nor will it make anyone impressed, but it gets the job done efficiently. Honda is known for their solid cars and this is just another solid, well build car. I even put in an aftermarket touchscreen stereo and speakers. This car is very easy to modify or change out little things. 9.5/10

1997 Honda Accord

Paul, 03/14/2016
LX 4dr Sedan

Simply the best car I have ever owned. Have owned Gm, Chrysler, etc and they don't compare reliability wise. Simple car, which is why they last as long as they do. 250k, tires, oil changes and brakes. Fantastic car....

BEST CAR!!

gvnnpd, 06/20/2013

I bought mine with 60k, i now have 120k. Ive only done oil changes along with once a year wax. It looks new and runs great! Ive only needed to do the a/c compressor, which was only $300 what a steal! when my friends same year Saab was 1,200. Boy did he have a Saab story! This car takes you anywhere and everywhere! Ive taken it to Colorado in the mountains, to the beaches of california, never has it ever broken down on me. At times ive though of getting a new car but then i remember that NOTHING compares to the gas and reliability this car has. Its a gold mine, thats why its been rated the #1 stolen in America! crooks know where theres gold mines.

Great Car!

camman97, 11/13/2012

My sister got this car when she was 15 and it had 50k miles on it and now shes 22 and she recently bought a new fusion but this car was passed down to me and now with 203067 miles on it and we have had only 1 problem and it was the EGR valve but it does have minor faults like the windows and paint but otherwise a fine car and i would buy another one

Original Owner - 13 years and still goin

melachuri, 04/24/2010

Great Car. Replaced A/C evaporator at 70k and radiator at 100k. Other than that did all needed maintenance - CV joints, Timing belt, etc.

12345...15