2017 GMC Yukon Consumer Reviews - 7 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 GMC Yukon Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Yukon model:

No more GMC lemons!
By Jim

2017 GMC Yukon Denali 4dr SUV (6.2L 8cyl 8A)

I too like the other reviewer here had purchased a 2017 Yukon Denali (mine was from Reliable GMC in Sacramento,Ca). With the same problems of engine noise and miss fire. After complaining to the dealer several times with their excuse that ..."Its just the nature of the car its a big engine" and after 2 rebuilds on the engine they finally replaced the engine. Although it still sounds a bit off ...(no imagination since I have had several of these same models also with other problems). Its just not worth it to give anymore money to GMC for defective SUVs that put their drivers though so much doubt and worry with an unreliable vehicle. Too bad they are a good looking car too!

Run Run Fast
By Disappointed Mark

2017 GMC Yukon Denali 4dr SUV 4WD (6.2L 8cyl 8A)

If your considering a GMC Yukon Denali, I'd encourage you to run and run fast. I realize many are skeptical of these reviews, but I felt compelled to provide a review of my recent experiences. I purchased a new 2017 GMC Yukon Denali in August of 2017. In less than a year and 12,000 miles, I've had significant issues. First, I had issues with the Collision Detection system. The Haptic Seat Motor has been replaced once and is now throwing the same error message, in fact this is a know issue by GM (https://gm.oemdtc.com/4389/pit5445a-diagnostic-tip-service-driver-assist-message-2014-2017-cadillac-chevrolet-gmc) My $75K Yukon is now heading to the dealership Monday for repair for the third time for this particular issue. The last time around, they couldn't find anything wrong. Now for the bigger issue, I just got the truck back earlier this week for an issue with the Lifters and Lifter rods. About 2 weeks ago I noticed a ticking coming from the engine. After taking it to the dealership, I was informed that their were issues with the lifters. The dealership has just rebuilt the entire right side of the engine. Again, GM is well aware of the issues based on their service bulletin ( https://gm.oemdtc.com/3656/15-06-01-002f-engine-misfire-tick-noise-malfunction-indicator-lamp-mil-illuminated-with-dtc-p0300-set-2014-2018-cadillac-chevrolet-gmc). In fact, they just modified the bulletin to include the 2018 models of the Tahoe, Yukon and Escalade. It's evident that GM engineering cannot figure out how to engineer the AFM ( Automatic Fuel Management) system based on the government's mileage regulations. After getting my Yukon back, it was back in the shop a day later, as the water pump was defective, throwing a screeching noise. For $75K you should certainly consider other vehicles. I love the look of the truck, however be warned, the quality is less than acceptable. Those are real services bulletins issued by GM, therefore buyer beware. Before you consider buying a GMC truck, please take a moment to review the extensive list of Services Bulletins released by GM. They should be embarrassed by the extensive list and the poor quality of the vehicles they are manufacturing.

Loving my 2017 SLT Yukon
By Robert Day

2017 GMC Yukon SLT 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

Currently have approximately 7200 miles on my Yukon. So far no problems with vehicle. Loving gas mileage-averaging 22 mpg on highway/city driving, love the quite and comfortable ride, and the technology is first rate. Getting in and out of the Yukon is a big step, but I like sitting up high while driving. Plus, my first two oil changes/tire rotation are complimentary.

Awesome! Yukon Denali
By Dennis

2017 GMC Yukon Denali 4dr SUV 4WD (6.2L 8cyl 8A)

If you do not mind the price, which is high, but as someone said you get what you pay for. I am over 60 years of age and this vehicle is amazing to drive. It reminds me of my dad's 1973 Caprice Classic which had a 454 cubic inch monster. The heads up display is wonderful as is all the technological advances of the automotive industries. I received/took delivery during the end of August 2017. Every time I drive the vehicle i just smile! I have the 22 inch tires and I am actually impressed with the gas mileage, if you can stay off throttle. If you prefer a large SUV, you must give the Yukon Denali a try. I should have tried one years ago, but due to price I never pulled the trigger. I am glad I am able to enjoy the comforts of this Denali. I cannot say enough about this vehicle, just test drive one. You will not be disappointed.

the best of the best
By maurice newman

2017 GMC Yukon Denali 4dr SUV (6.2L 8cyl 8A)

not cheap,big,very comfortable,very modern (tech over the top) beautiful suv. we love it. updated 2/21/18 still love it more every day.