Used 2008 GMC Yukon SUV Consumer Reviews

Used Yukon for Sale
Select your model:
12345...7

Pros
Cons

2 years with 2008 Denali

Jay, 01/02/2010

Best SUV I have owned yet. Last three SUV's were Tahoes and a Jeep Grand Cherokee. I am innpressed with the creature comforts. After driving, and towing with the 6.2 liter engine I would never go back to the 5.3 liter engine. My commute is mostly highway and I average 16.5 at 70 MPH. 10 MPG towing the boat. Two problems a sticky back door lock and non sticky gas door cover that keeps opening. I have not had the dealer look at them, as I have yet go back to the dealer with 38K miles in two years.

2008 Denali Problems

Sam Samson, 07/18/2009

I've had problems with the electrical systems (door locks, wipers, Navigation system,) and now worst of all the brakes. I went metal to metal on the rears after 33,000 miles. the calipers are failing to retract properly - thus Pads wearing out totally prematurely. Normally a car goes thru 3 sets of front pads to 1 set of rears. I've had my car serviced by dealerships only, thus far. When they rotate the tires, I ask them to check the brakes since the wheels are already off. Well At the time of last visit to the dealership, (22,363 miles) All was well-- now 11,000 miles later My right rear roter is shot on the inside only due to a defective caliper. What can I do about it????

Cheap Door Actuators and Handles

jadams8, 12/15/2014
Denali 4dr SUV AWD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

This will be the 3rd door actuator that has gone bad in less than 2 years on my 2008 GMC Denali. First the drivers door went bad then it was the passenger rear door and now it is the rear hatch actuator. I have received lies about the price by calling 2 different parts departments. I called one in Gainesville and one in Louisiana and the one in Louisiana quoted me 300.00 less than the Gainesville area.

Love it!

Misty S, 03/23/2010

Best vehicle I have owned. Used to love to trade quite frequently, but not anymore. I love my Denali. Gas mileage isn't the greatest but it's a big SUV. What can you expect?

Original Owner, still like new

Bob in AZ, 01/21/2017
Denali 4dr SUV AWD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

This is the most relieable vehicle i've owned. Its getting dated, yet drives so well I just cant part with it. Its been very good to me.

12345...7