Used 2011 GMC Sierra 1500 Consumer Reviews - 13 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 GMC Sierra 1500 Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sierra 1500 model:

hot rod w/6.2 litre flex fuel on reg gas
By larry lantz

2011 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT 4dr Extended Cab 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

shorter than 6' have to stretch in/out, console too high to slide across front seat, side lh front seat bolster cracks, weak drivers door handle

Black beast from the east
By Michael Pfaff

2011 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

This slt is my third gmc and by far the best one. The 5.3L vortec has plenty of power and the truck is more comfortable than most cars on the road. I lifted it 6" and installed 22" mayhem warrior wheels, cold air intake a moroso chip and chrome exterior accents. People stop me everywhere I go to say how beautiful the truck is. 59k on it and still running the factory battery and brakes. The back door window switch failed at 53k. That's the only problem I've had. I recommend this beast to anybody in the market for a full size truck.

Uninformed recall cost me my Truck
By D corrigan

2011 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 4dr Extended Cab 8 ft. LB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

Beware of the ignition steering column Gremlin, while getting lined up to tow a 16 ft cargo open 3ft trailer. The truck started having a problem that only happened the day before...the ignition key was turned but the electrical was flickering wildly then dead then start...I had to move a trailer with personal belongings or lose them to the DUMP. I had yet to hook up to the trailer, when the truck just lost complete power in reverse. I restarted the truck, and as I backed up power failed, I was trying to turn the wheel because the column was locked, and I needed to returned the Gear to park so I could start it, and the key was stuck in the now locked ignition. Only it would not start, as soon as I just gave up trying to turn the engine over, the truck starter kicked on and kept grinding, the truck was in park, steering still locked, I put the gear in Reverse and the truck took off Forward with the steering locked to wards a retaining wall...emergency brake full 3 feet pressing the pedal the truck was still head to the wall to the right, key would not turn but came out of the column. I held on as the truck in reverse reved up forward, I pulled on the steering wheel left breaking off the turn signal arm in the process...the truck hit the wall; and just flicked and shut down .

Super
By Mal

2011 GMC Sierra 1500 Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab 6.5 ft. SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

lifted gmc
By Erik Eberly

2011 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I love this truck well worth every penny