Used 1998 GMC Sierra 1500 Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used Sierra 1500 for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

GreatBuy

jpierce1987, 03/19/2007

I bought this truck as a toy for my birthday. It was a used truck that can run on gas or lpg! I paid $3800! Great buy! This truck is amazing. It has 163,000 miles and can still do a 45 sec power brake. Easily do a burn out, tow anything and everything, and does it all with ease! I love this truck. It was one of the best purchases I have ever made.

Good truck

Tony, 03/03/2007

I bought the truck my senior year of high school and have liked it ever since. I added a high-flow air filter and a new exhaut. It now gets about 20 MPG. I hope to have a son one day that I can give this truck to.

21 years old.

Scott, 11/08/2018
K1500 SL 2dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

I bought my 1998 GMC Sierra new. At 212,000 miles the 305 CI V8 mushroomed a valve, as they were prone to do. I decided to put a more robust 350 CI small block V8 that made a HUGE difference. It has a 5-speed standard transmission with a manual transfer case. I'll never part with it.

oddities

dave 42, 06/15/2002

at 40000 mles the U joints had to be replaced at my cost. brakes are terrible, slow stopping and frequent replacement. 12 miles per gallon with mid size V-8 engine poor fit and finish on the interior wheel bearing replacement now needed 60K

lemonade

oldadobe, 04/16/2004

driver door ajar, brake cylinder fails, alternator fails, etc., etc., and the "extended cab" with plumb seatbacks and about 8 inches of legroom is comfortable only for those under age 6.