Used 2015 GMC Acadia SUV Consumer Reviews

List Price Range

Used Acadia for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

Great car with zero maintenance costs

Steve B., 11/11/2017
Denali 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

While this vehicle has it short-comings, i.e., transmission sometimes hesitates when corning, acceleration is lacking when trying to merge with traffic, it still was a wonderful car to own, especially the maintenance costs: ZERO. I have never owned a car that did not need some kind of adjustment, repair, or attention. Not this one.

Not what I expected for the price.

Mom of 3 Teenagers, 10/25/2017
Denali 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

While the comfort and features are more than expected, so are the repair bills. I have a 2015, bought a brand new GMC Denali AWD in 2015. The first year was great, comfortable road trips, basic maintenance services included by the dealer, it was a dream. Then things wend down hill fast. First service light- Side detection system failure. (Caused by road salt, really after one year??) $400 to fix. Next trip, horrible sound coming from right front tire, findings: the axle nut was OFF and rolling around inside another $200 !! Next, banging noise coming from outside while driving higher than 30 miles per hour. That was the roof seals, one came loose and was flapping in the wind. (easy fix for me, pushed back in when it comes out) Service light is one again- Side detection system error, back up camera malfunction- This time we had to replace the other side detection system for corrosion ($400) nope still not the issue. Had my truck for 4 days trying to figure out the issue. Wiring harness was bad had to be replaced. That trip was $1200!! At this point I have had enough, but they just tell me I got a bad one.... nice. NOPE, non of this was covered by the warranty. Now I am holding my breath for the next issue to come. Low and behold, here we go, stalling at stops and hesitating on acceleration---- Check engine light is now on. back to the dealer, who at this point knows my name when I walk in the door- this is NOT a good thing. O2 sensor is bad and needs to be replaced- out another $400 !! oh and the hood support rod is broken (I have NEVER opened the hood my self so how does this break???) The service guy said they have to find something to prop it up with so i should replace it for $65 get out of here! Here I am 3 weeks later and guess what, I can feel the transmission not sifting properly. I am DONE... this was the WORST by ever, not only that, but I am going to lose a ton of money on it as there is NO resale value. DO NOT BY GMC!!!! I am going back to Toyota or Honda, where I had more than 100,000 miles without one service visit. If you like to visit the guys in the service shop on a regular basis than this is the truck for you, but if you don't like the headache and wasting money- DO NOT BY GMC!!!

Not a great value

Sunshine Mom, 05/11/2018
SLT-2 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased this car brand new 3 years ago. In the time I have owned it the ac has gone out twice, to the tune of $4000 of work in 3 years. The first time was picked up by the GMC warranty. This time I fortunately had an extended warranty that covered everything. There's no reason this should happen to a vehicle so new. Also about a month ago the Bluetooth stopped working. You can manually connect after several tries but it will no longer automatically connect to my phone. The tech from our local dealer couldn't find a problem he said. Very poor value for the cost of this vehicle.

Best driving SUV ever

Pete, 08/10/2018
SLT-1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Enjoyed driving this vehicle, best ride. No hesitation on shifting to more power, very smooth. I would have been an Acadia driver for life, except GMC took 2.5 inches out of the driver's seat for fuel economy. They saved 1 mile, good fjob GMC. The Nav and Bluetooth were problematic. Nav didn't understand my words. Bluetooth kept unpairing. The dash design is nice, but cheap material covering it. Leather seats won't wear well. The outside paint is good, not like Dodge, scratches at a mire touch. Fuel economy diminished after a few years.

Smooth, quiet, and spacious ride!

Noah G, 12/27/2020
SLE-1 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This is a reliable, smooth ride! This has the most head and legroom in the midsize class. Great body style similar to a Durango or Explorer but bigger. Makes the Jeep Grand Cherokee look small and a bit cheap. The interior is made with quality parts. Even shutting the door you can hear the sturdiness off this vehicle. True ride quality. It could use a few more horsepower if you have more people in the car but I pass V8s often in this crossover. Truly a car like ride. I’ve had it almost two years and no problems minus a blown tire. You sit high with great safety ratings and lots of visibility. Even the low trims look great with leather dash and stitching. Awesome back up camera with sensors and trajectory. I enjoy just cruising in this and the acceleration is good! The newer Acadias are small now. If you need a new SUV this big go with the traverse or Yukon. The little things help too...automatic on and off lights with pretty LED headlamps. I have the SLE 1 but would be worth a few more thousand for the leather seats and chrome of the SLT. Slight hesitation in the transmission turning low speeds sometimes but it’s just a quirk from reviews I’ve read. GMC got this vehicle right!