Used 2013 GMC Acadia SUV Consumer Reviews

List Price Range

Used Acadia for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

Refresh Done Well

ocbp29, 05/24/2013

We previously drove a Buick Enclave for 5 years, so we knew what to expect with the Lambda platform which is shared between the Chevy Traverse, GMC Acadia and Buick Enclave. The refresh has given this CUV what we consider a more truck like presence which appeals to both the male and female driver in our family. Fit and finish is what one would expect from GM with improvements made to the transmission in the Acadia (no more searching for gears up hills), less flashy wheel offerings and, better integrated telematics (bluetooth, nav, DVD). Overall one of the best values for the content and quality that GM now offers in this segment.

33000K miles and happy

Chris Macy, 10/06/2015
Denali 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Consumer Reports noted that this year and model could have climate control problems. In the three summers we have had the car, we did have to have the rear compressor replaced. It was covered undr warranty, so we were happy. Otherwise, we have really enjoyed having such a sturdy and safe car for our family to ride in. It is a blast driving the AWD in the snow!

Excellent all around SUV

Roland, 11/04/2015
SLE-1 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Surprisingly good gas mileage for an awd vehicle this size. Tons of cargo space. Tows well. Very nice ride.

We love our 2013 Acadia Denali!

neohiomom, 06/27/2013

We bought our AWD Acadia Denali in February, cashing in our GM rewards and trading in our 2010 Acura MDX. In 2010, we decided to trade our 2003 Acura MDX. We looked at our recent MDX and the Acadia, which we loved the looks of. Unfortunately, the cheap plastic interior was a deal breaker for us. We loved both MDX's, but the 3rd row was a joke and it didn't have enough cargo room for our family trips. We were thrilled to see the Acadia Denali redesigned for 2013! The interior is now on par with the MDX and while it's not quite as nimble or quick, it's still a lot of fun to drive. My husband and I both love this vehicle and so do the kids! It's a real eye catcher in the White Diamond, too!

Sunroof leaks

bh1008, 06/16/2013

Only had our Acadia for 3 months rained all day one day while at work, on the way home water was leaking through one of the lights over the third row seats. It has been in the shop for a week now and STILL not fixed, spoke with the service manager today, and he is not sure when it will be ready. I read reviews from past model years that had some leaking problems, and apparently GMC has not fixed them yet.

Love My Acadia!!

Kaydee, 07/15/2016
SLT-2 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Bought in 2013. Love the seating configuration and space inside. Love inside and out. Thinking it might be time for a new one. The only major con I have is the seatbelts. We have a GMC truck and the seat belts are great. This one the latch hitch is extremely hard and bulky. Reminds me of an older model. The part that is secured to the seat will not move hardly at all. It is so stiff that it can cause major damage when accidently sitting on it or trying to crawl through the back. Several gashes on the knees. The head rest curls forward to much. Wish that was a little more adjustable but understand it may be for safety purposes. Overall a great choice!

Great for towing!

KevinS, 08/29/2018
SLE-1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I drove the car for 54,000 miles with only 2 minor problems. No complaints.

Steering and rear tail door

mfd33, 02/26/2013

Turn the wheel all the way to either side and it clunks, they say it's normal. It scared the heck out of me first time. This is not normal. I'm sure there'll be a recall in the future, there should be. Beware til they fix this problem, if they fix it. Metal to metal coming from rear hatch area when I go over bumps. Four days they've been trying to figure that one out, they still have it. I wouldn't recommend it at this time. I should have stuck with my Yukon. 2013 has not been a good year for the Acadia, looks good but looks ain't everything.

Not worthy of the Denali name

mustangchief, 02/14/2013

Downsizing from driving Yukon XL Denalis since 2003, I was excited to see the Denali trim in the medium sized Acadia. I tossed between the Benz 350, Nissan Pathfinder, Infiniti XJ and the Acadia. My Yukons never let me down, so I was a little bias'd toward the GMC line. The Acadia is a very nice looking cross-over, but as they say beauty is only skin deep. I have driven it 1000 miles and all I can say is shame on you GMC. It looks Denali worthy coming up very short when you look past the exterior shine. I would give the car high marks if it were not in the Denali line.

Do NOT buy this vehicle

Jeff Pedriana, 10/16/2017
SLE-2 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Had issues with a noise from the front end. Didn't pay attention until it affected the shifting. Found out it's a transmission issue, $4400 issue btw. By the time I took it in I was 5000 miles past powertrain warranty. GMC's response? Have a nice day, you're screwed, don't expect us to help, have a nice day.

51050