Used 2011 GMC Acadia Consumer Reviews - 46 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 GMC Acadia Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Acadia model:

Buy an Acadia they said!
By NICOLE

2011 GMC Acadia SL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I absolutely loved this SUV. In fact I had originally planned on upgrading to a new in the next year or two....not anymore. It is my first GMC and the worst vehicle I have ever owned. Today it almost killed me so of course I turn to Google and there are thousands or the exact same issues as mine. It started with a shudder and rpm revving up. Today it just wouldnt move while in fast traffic. Not to mention the rear air has gone out, front air works when it wants, I've had to replace the sensor for stabilitrack, the headlight needed to be replaced and that was 800 dollars by itself. They just couldn't make anything easy. That was a short list of issues I've had since purchase and every issue has had numerous complaints. I'm nowhere near a mechanic but I've been able to figure it all out just by looking in the forums. Buyer beware if you choose GMC.

GMC Acadia 2011; Purchased in 2010; 120,00 Miles
By David

2011 GMC Acadia SLT-1 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Very solid vehicle. Smooth comfortable ride that has held up nicely over the years. First major repair was at 120K mikes to replace failed fuel injectors. Other than that its been rock solid. They keep sending me promotions to trade it in for a new one, but I have no reason to turn it in.

Nice car
By Ed

2011 GMC Acadia SLT-1 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Very nice car, only thing is gas. Eat gas fast

Luxurious Lemon
By Larraine

2011 GMC Acadia SLT-2 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I loved my Acadia the first week. I purchased a brand new and by the 2nd week it was in the repair shop. Car would not start. Towed it to dealership and upon return on my vehicle, there was a huge dent near gas tank. Never fixed to this date because the "dent" guy could not repair due to location near fuel tank. I do drive a lot; however, I did not purchase the car not to be driven. So after years rolled along, the check engine light came on. Dealership repairs over $2800 to replace catelic converters (2 in this vehicle) plus tune up and oil change. Now check engine comes on & off randomly. I took it back to the dealership, they say rod knock and i need a new engine! I dont have the money to keep dumping into a faulty engine GM! Why don't you take ownership of this terrible engine design and help your consumers stand behind their decision to purchase a GM product? I am so embarrassed to say I am "loyal" to GM because that is where the majority of my family works or retired from. After reading all these "similar or exact" complaints from ALL these consumers with engine replacements ....GM has to help us out!!

Poorly reliable
By Randy

2011 GMC Acadia SLT-2 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Expect lots of major repair which are costly. It’s comfortable but it is not worth the many days at the dealership for repairs.