Used 2011 GMC Acadia Consumer Reviews - 43 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 GMC Acadia Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Acadia model:

Luxurious Lemon
By Larraine

2011 GMC Acadia SLT-2 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I loved my Acadia the first week. I purchased a brand new and by the 2nd week it was in the repair shop. Car would not start. Towed it to dealership and upon return on my vehicle, there was a huge dent near gas tank. Never fixed to this date because the "dent" guy could not repair due to location near fuel tank. I do drive a lot; however, I did not purchase the car not to be driven. So after years rolled along, the check engine light came on. Dealership repairs over $2800 to replace catelic converters (2 in this vehicle) plus tune up and oil change. Now check engine comes on & off randomly. I took it back to the dealership, they say rod knock and i need a new engine! I dont have the money to keep dumping into a faulty engine GM! Why don't you take ownership of this terrible engine design and help your consumers stand behind their decision to purchase a GM product? I am so embarrassed to say I am "loyal" to GM because that is where the majority of my family works or retired from. After reading all these "similar or exact" complaints from ALL these consumers with engine replacements ....GM has to help us out!!

Poorly reliable
By Randy

2011 GMC Acadia SLT-2 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Expect lots of major repair which are costly. It’s comfortable but it is not worth the many days at the dealership for repairs.

Deadcadia Denali
By Tom

2011 GMC Acadia Denali 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Electronics ruin what might otherwise have been a decent vehicle. Ongoing electronic gremlins meant I was continuously having to repair my vehicle. I just missed 100K miles and simply couldn't trust the vehicle any longer. From intermittent issues with the power seats and mirrors, air conditioning failures and throttle body failure just 4 months after having it replaced, I was done.

I bought this car from you
By Bob

2011 GMC Acadia SLE 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Great car--2011 model bought in 2013 with 28,000 miles. It now has 98,000 miles and no repairs except tires and oil. I need to find another car like it--2018 with less than 30,000 miles in either the Limited or Denali class.

A great drive with world class interior very nice
By Jonathan

2011 GMC Acadia SLT-2 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

The ride is not bad however poor gas mileage and idle is a bit rough overall not a bad choice